The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Monthly & I.R.G News mag

Paws123

NNWRF TREASURER
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I just received my whippet monthly & I.R.G. news this morning ...have to congratulate john on his fantastic write up on last few months

I am going to print page 5, I think people that do not or are unable to subscribe should see some of the excellent reading and hard work that goes into the magazine.Also might give something new to discuss in k9.

Please feel free to comment on all subjects that john has wrote about.

Page 5

Well most of us can relax a little now that the racers have a democratic say in all that goes together to make a group. With democracy comes responsibility, they go hand in hand.

Every member is responsible to see that the lessons of the part have been learned and not forgotten. Remember that all that you had put into that group as paying members was deemed as nothing to do with you. Remember how you were told about drug testing, not as a deterrent to those that were eventually caught, but as a tool used so you raced in fear of what could happen to you, and with no paper work or books for you to see that all was done in the correct manner, that’s all it was, a tool of fear used to depress all of the free thinking racers.

We are all to blame for letting this happen, up until a few years ago everyone had respect for the fed committee and for what they stood for, you knew that all the money that was paid in was paid out and more besides, hard but fair was what I thought of the old committee members, they treat everyone the same, suddenly, when the old guard left this racing group, it began to fail, those in charge began to think and act as if they were the owners of the fed, when in fact they were there to be just the custodial keepers of once a great racing group but under their direction it turned into a sadly lacking dictatorship.

It was only a matter of time for this racing group to fail, and fail it has, in a non to spectacular fashion with recriminations and retribution coming from all quarters. They are now reaping what they had sown.

I have no sympathy for those last custodial keepers of this group, they were told, asked and begged by racers to change, but they would not. Why you may ask, would they have lost face by trying to improve the .n.w.r.f. to make it more democratic, I think not. Would any of the racers have said that to modernize the group thinking in certain quarters would have been wrong,

Again I would say no they would not, so why not change for the betterment of racing?

Well change did take place, we know that in the older days at the end of each financial year the fed as a non profit making group was always about skint, and those older committee members will tell you this. We cannot see the books of course but we know that this year large amount was handed over by the registrar to the treasurer, not bad for a group that was supposed to be none profit making. Also I could not understand why if you had a qualified accountant on your committee why not use her. Why not indeed?

There no doubt will be more revelations to come in the future, some hearsay, some fact and some fiction, it could have been handled with far more dignity for all concerned, but it was not to be. respect has to be earned, disrespect is easy to gain but always hard to throw off.

To start with you have to except that you were wrong for once, and that will be a bitter pill to swallow by the last four incumbent committee members . but wrong they were

Anyone wishing to subscribe to the Whippet Monthly & I.R.G News ...will catch john on here

Last edited by a moderator:
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ THE WHIPPET MONTHLY & I.R.G. NEWS ON A REGULAR BASIS PLEASE SEND YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO THE ADDRESS BELOW AND £5 TO COVER SIX ISSUE COST AND POSTAGE AND I WILL SEND IT TO YOU. J MEADES.

Organization Address

36,HILL RISE,

TROWELL,

NOTTS. NG9 3PE

Phone :0115 8499827

Email: whippet40@hotmail.com

Thank you for your enquiry

John Meades

Hi john M,

would you be kind enough to give me an overview of what's contained within both as I am also possibly interested in obtaining these on a regular 2 :D .

Thanks, Neil

Neil, send me your name and address and i will post you the last whippet monthly and I.R.G. news (all one mag) free and then you can decide if you require further copies. John Meades

Thanks for the kind gesture John :D ,

I have sent you an e-mail with my details.

Neil

Having been asked by quite a few racers over the weekend i thought i would bring this thread up so those who wanted john meades address to order a copy could write it down and get in touch with him>i am sure he will be pleased to oblige!

steve

Hi John,

Got this months copy at 7am in the sorting office (no one else got their post till 11 at the earliest, but that's another story :( ), and I really enjoyed it too. Much more racing reports, and a far better content of comment and politics, a little less, but more concise....well done...

Also pleased that your small operation can give us reports on racing that happened just a few days earlier...ie...the Derby...wish I could of made it..

Regards,

Paul

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back