The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet News Club Dog Of The Year

mollyxx

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Any club secretaries wishing to enter their club for Club Dog of the Year please email and let me know by the end of today, thank you!!!

It will probably be run on 1pt per meeting.

Secretaries need to keep an up to date record, of which the top five can be printed each month.

As expected several dogs may dogs have the same total at the end of the year, these will then race off on a timed basis.

The winners of each club then going on to a specially designated event in 2011, for re-timed race off for ‘Club dog of the Year.

A Jacket, Annual Trophy awarded to the winner, also a prize for Club Trainer...a dog used to train on youngsters throughout 2011, nominations for this can be forwarded to me at the end of 2011.

So far I have only one club interested (East Anglia), but that's ok......any other clubs wanting to take part, please reply on here or email.

The competition will still go ahead even if theres only one club taking part!!

It sounds like a good idea and I'm sure more will be interested Chris, but they need to have at least one club meeting to discuss it. Most clubs aren't racing every week at this time of year so it might take a while before they can get back to you.

It sounds like a good idea and I'm sure more will be interested Chris, but they need to have at least one club meeting to discuss it. Most clubs aren't racing every week at this time of year so it might take a while before they can get back to you.
I agree it sounds a great idea, but would like to sound out the members. we don't meet until 7th Feb.

Will each club be responsible for collating the points or would you want them phoned through to you each week. We would also need the rules on how points are allocated i.e. points for heats, quarters, semis and places in a final. Would points be allocated if there are only 2 dogs in a heat or final?

Some small clubs would never have enough dogs to run quarters or even semis sometimes, and dogs are often pulled from finals to use for trials. Any thoughts?

Carrying on the point scoring system. If a dog club races at two clubs which I would imagine most would. Would the dogs scores be added together from both clubs or score seperatley at the different clubs?

Not wishing to hi-jack Chris's thread, but from what I have learned, points will be allocated on attendance only, so if you turn up at Honeyhills your dog(s) will get a point AT THAT CLUB.

If you wish to try to attend two meetings on the same day - good luck!

Luck doesnt come into it. I did mean Mr German two clubs on alternate sundays i.e Harvel one week Honeyhills the following week, equating to two clubs and two club meetings. As I suggested many owners belong to two clubs

That's fine, its based on attendance only and club secs will collate the points, they could be forwarded to me every couple of months or so with the Top 5.....just let me know when tou have had your respective AGM's if you are interested.

It doesn't matter how many races are held you will still have a top club dog with a handful of events, if a few dogs tie on points, then they may run of on a timed basis to find a winner who will go through to the final held at a venue probably when I do the Top Ten presentation...if maybe only a couple on the same points maybe both could go through to the final....I have to see how it works and how we finish up at the end of the year. It began on Jan 1st through to Dec 31st.....a record kept by club secs on dogs taking part, and then the Top 5 say sent to w news on a regular basis (every couple of months or so)...hope this helps!

Luck doesnt come into it. I did mean Mr German two clubs on alternate sundays i.e Harvel one week Honeyhills the following week, equating to two clubs and two club meetings. As I suggested many owners belong to two clubs
Then your dog will earn points at both clubs! You therefore technically have two chances to win, with one dog.

Be careful that he doesn't finish top on the same points total or he may have to run-off against himself (w00t)

Then your dog will earn points at both clubs! You therefore technically have two chances to win, with one dog.

Be careful that he doesn't finish top on the same points total or he may have to run-off against himself (w00t)
I think Ian it is easy to get the point of Rogers argument if you are forced to race at two different clubs ( and you can only race at one club on one day unless your name is GOD lol ) ie Honeyhills and Harvel ( because they only run once a fortnight ) then if your points only added up for these clubs then you would only be able to amass half the points of a dog who can race every week at the same club ie East Anglia :thumbsup:

Hope this clears things

Derek

I think Ian it is easy to get the point of Rogers argument if you are forced to race at two different clubs ( and you can only race at one club on one day unless your name is GOD lol ) ie Honeyhills and Harvel ( because they only run once a fortnight ) then if your points only added up for these clubs then you would only be able to amass half the points of a dog who can race every week at the same club ie East Anglia :thumbsup:

Hope this clears things

Derek
Which is what I said when this compo was first suggested back in September - that clubs hold differing amounts of meetings and that it was likely that the winner will be from a club that holds the most! But look - it isn't going to cost anything to take part, so there is nothing to lose by entering. All Chris needs is a list of attendees at every club meeting. And theoretically it IS possible to win this with the same dog for two different clubs i.e. Honeyhills top dog, Clyde's Best on 20 points, Harvels Top dog Clyde's Best on 20 points - it's as unlikely as West Ham winning the Premiership, but it COULD happen!

It doesn't matter how many meetings a club runs, I am looking for each club winner to take part in a timed meeting to find the overall winner, a prize may be awarded for a dog with the most meetings attended....is this a bit clearer?????

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back