The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet News

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Now I liked your joke about Agadoo Mark. Maybe some of us are just old so that we have heard of them. Can't say it's because we have excellent musical taste. :lol: :- "

It wasn't about West Somerset's trophies Ian.

re the trophies from West Cornwall. I can drink out of my mugs (hey we got two so that's one for me and one for Alan) and the dogs enjoyed the chews AND actually I like the key fob, I read a lot of books so bookmarks always come in handy too. :thumbsup: Actually one of my dogs enjoyed it too that bit of material at the bottom was just too tempting. :b

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i would just like to say we have an absolutly fantastic time in Cornwall, and both clubs look after us very well, i"ve put my cup on my shelf BJ as its the first trophy Mo ever won at an open, so it has very nice memories attached to it. :thumbsup:

Thank you to both Cornwall racing clubs see you all in August :cheers:

> i"ve put my cup on my shelf BJ as its the first trophy Mo ever won at an open, so it has very nice memories attached to it.

AND it's a black whippet on it too. :thumbsup: Summat special about the first trophies that they win isn't there.

Yes it is black bj, :lol: maybe we could have a nice FAWN one next year, :- " dont tell Hannah i mentioned FAWN. (w00t) I think all the trophys are really memorable, thats why i have 2 boxes full, i have no where to display so many anymore but couldnt get rid of them, so at the end of every year they all go in a box and we start again, apart from the !st ones they win there always on display, its great to still see Bonnys and Rosies even though they are sadly no longer with us. :(

No Open is perfect (or champs for that matter) theres always something that could of been better, but surely a quiet word with the club secretary concerned would of been more productive than the uncalled for article sent to Whippet News, for me this was made even worse by the fact who ever it was didnt even ad their real name to the article.

maybe in future Chris could ask that all those who submit a peice includes their real name if it's to be published that way it would save all the rumours about who may or may not have sent it in.

some contributers often write slightly cotroversial stuff but at least they put their own names to their peices.

As Paulas said both clubs have always made us welcome while were down their, putting our dogs into thier club racing putting on trials ect ect.

Agadoo, do do do shake pineapples Oh god my age is starting to show I need a lie down.

Mark Roberts said:
No Open is perfect (or champs for that matter) theres always something that could of been better, but surely a quiet word with the club secretary concerned would of been more productive than the uncalled for article sent to Whippet News, for me this was made even worse by the fact who ever it was didnt even ad their real name to the article.
maybe in future Chris could ask that all those who submit a peice includes their real name if it's to be published that way it would save all the rumours about who may or may not have sent it in.

some contributers often write slightly cotroversial stuff but at least they put their own names to their peices.

As Paulas said both clubs have always made us welcome while were down their, putting our dogs into thier club racing putting on trials ect ect.

Agadoo, do do do shake pineapples Oh god my age is starting to show I need a lie down.

I have to disagree with you Mark, about being forced to give your name. In recent years, some-one who did write a contraversial view and left their name, was sent hate mail and threats.

I am sure that person who wrote this article must have felt quite strongly about their point, and I suppose it is their right to have that opinion whether it is felt by the majority or not. Sadly we felt we had to cancel our holiday to Cornwall this year, so I can't comment on the trophies. It does sound as if most folk were happy. The most important thing about an Open for me, is the warmth of the welcome, and how friendly and supportive the club is, a nice trophy for those who are lucky enough to win one is by the by............

Now as for "Agadoo", how many days until you are 40 :- " ?

:lol: Not many left now Joanna, are you coming to Cornwall this year? its a fantastic place, with very friendly people, the locals just stop you in the street and start talking to you as if they"ve known you for years. :thumbsup:

What is all this agadoo stuff i"m far to young to remember. :- "

Paula Roberts said:
:lol: Not many left now Joanna, are you coming to Cornwall this year? its a fantastic place, with very friendly people, the locals just stop you in the street and start talking to you as if they"ve known you for years. :thumbsup: What is all this agadoo stuff i"m far to young to remember. :- "

Not sure yet Paula!

What is all this agadoo stuff i"m far to young to remember.
I bet your nose has just grown a couple of inches at least :lol:

Paula Roberts said:
Yes it is black bj, :lol: maybe we could have a nice FAWN one next year, :- " dont tell Hannah i mentioned FAWN. (w00t)

:eek: Go and wash your mouth out at once .......I miss out on a proper coloured Whippet trophy (like we would have won one :lol: :b ) ........And now we are going to come down to Cornwall this year and have a break (after Raes of course (w00t) ) and someones complained about PROPER trophies so that's that ....... You watch, just my luck we will win something and it will be fawn :( .....Off to slump into a deep depression LOL :lol:

Hannah you would be sooooo lucky to win anything with a fawn whippet on it. Everyone with any taste at all knows that they are the bestest colour. :thumbsup:

BeeJay said:
Hannah you would be sooooo lucky to win anything with a fawn whippet on it.  Everyone with any taste at all knows that they are the bestest colour. :thumbsup:

Honestly I've just stopped laughing :lol: .....So has Little Eir, Twit and Conkers (w00t) .....They are still bickering between themselves as to which one may come to the talk in ....so watch out :ninja:

I think she"s in denial BJ, :lol: you know what they say about them that protest the loudest (w00t) i think deep down in her subconsious she knows fawns are the best, and is secretly longing for one. :lol:

Paula Roberts said:
I think she"s in denial BJ,  :lol: you know what they say about them that protest the loudest (w00t) i think deep down in her subconsious she knows fawns are the best, and is secretly longing for one. :lol:

:lol: I agree Paula. She's just so jealous of me because I have 3 fawns. :teehee:

No Hannah, i think its that you havent got a lovely FAWN thats killing you. :(

No LOL again .....We don't do fffaaawwwwnnnnnssss in this house ......Blacks are certainly the bestest ever .......but then my Black and white parti is very Little Eir like :wub: .......and my Brindles are buggers lol .....

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back