The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Oil Paintings (auction)

Lakey

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a pair of whippet oil paintings which I wish to auction off to the highest bidder, the proceds of which will go the Tilly memorial rescue fund. I'll stand the postage to the higest bidder.

They are painted on what I believe to be copper plate by an artist called (i think as its not that easy to make out) I Calyobai (see if you can make it out from the picture). The actual paintings measure 30cm by 24cm (12inch by 9 1/2 inch) plus the frame. They could possibly do with a clean and the frames appear to have been made to look antique. I have no idea how old the actual paintings are, if you want any more information please pm me.

Its for a good cause so please dig deep folks :thumbsup: .

polly018.jpg

polly013.jpg

polly012.jpg

polly017.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice!

£35

when's the action close?

WOW,they're lovely,that's very generous of you :thumbsup:

I bid £50

Don't forget to put when the auction ends! ;)

The dogs look like copies of 'Misse et Turlu' in a different background (the original is on the front of Mary Lowes 'The English Whippet'

1904784038.jpg

One Cover

lowe.jpg

Second Cover

If these are originals they will be worth a small fortune :D

So my bid is £65

I would like the auction to end at 12 noon on the 30th of September to give plenty of time for people to see the auction

As I said I know very little about the the paintings and I felt quite un well this morning at the responses to these pictures :x due to wether they are the worth alot more than I thought :oops: , I had them given a few years ago. Though have since found out that the original is locked away somewhere in France :sweating: (frantic searching this morning on the web) Good luck and happy bidding

Could one of the moderators please put auction on this thread thanks

Sorry to make you feel :x Richard recognised them straight away!

I must say they are VERY good copies and I am sure they must be worth a pretty bob or two.

This auction has realy suprised me (w00t) I had no idea all you k9ers would be so interested in these paintings :b

COME ON FOLKS KEEP THE BIDS COMING IN :p

IT'S ALL FOR A GOOD CAUSE :thumbsup:

BLESS YOU FOR PARTING WITH THEM FOR SUCH A GOOD CAUSE :huggles:

Looks like the pics maybe going in Clardia's direction ???????? :D

Can we not get a ton up :- "

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back