The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Pup Wanted - Show / Pet

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
jok said:
We've got one 'live wire' in the house and so want a more laid back, relaxed breed. I did my research and whippets sound perfect for us!

Ummmm, you may have to do a bit more research (w00t)

Best of luck with your search, dont be in a hurry, just have a really good look around the shows, buy an illustrated breed standard and dont buy one from anyone who is trying to sell you one :thumbsup:

Ummmmmm,I think Karen hit the nail on the head there :lol:

If my Whippets are anything to go by they are most definitely NOT laid back or NOT Whippets :teehee:

They have been called a lot of things,most of them unprintable (w00t) but laid back aint one of them.

Good luck with the search :luck:

ibiza said:
black is beautiful
Welcome and hope you find the right colour.

They certainly are ......plus they are very special Whippets :D ..........Good luck in your search, but Whippets are a tad bonkers to ....... (w00t)

05whippet said:
Ummmmmm,I think Karen hit the nail on the head there  :lol:
If my Whippets are anything to go by they are most definitely NOT laid back or NOT Whippets  :teehee:

They have been called a lot of things,most of them unprintable  (w00t) but laid back aint one of them.

Good luck with the search  :luck:

Well my 4 only have 2 speeds! Full gallop or flat out snoring! :lol:

You haven't met my Dobe, anythings laid back compared to her. She never really likes snoozing and lazing except at bedtime! :))

Seriously though, the whippets i've met are much more relaxed than Chloe the Dobermann! Love her to bits though and she's fantastic temperment. :wub:

If you plan showing you ought to attend several shows, watch the judging, approach the breeders who's dogs you like. Also look on internet at breeders websites, email those which you find have dogs that interest you. You can then book a puppy from the lines you like. :luck: :luck: :luck:

think you should read a few more " whippet antics " on here first :- "

ive had to re decorate my living room in variouse parts SEVERAL times (w00t)

over the last few months !!!!

dreading putting the christmas tree up !!! :blink:

whippets will think its a big green toy i got just for them !!!!

my jan is nearly 3 and still chews paper and pens !!!!!

i found they are very destructive ,, completley barmy but love em to bits :wub: :wub:

so please be under no illusion that whippets are placid ,, i bet im not the only one on here to say whippets are crazy , possesed animals :teehee:

Uh-hmm! Please! They don't "chew" or "destroy". Whippets are very creative artistes - they RE-DESIGN, thank you! ;) (w00t) Usually are the most creative up until their teenage years. Age tends quell the artiste in them I find.

I think black is beautiful too - but I like mine with a touch of white. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
EJW said:
05whippet said:
Ummmmmm,I think Karen hit the nail on the head there  :lol:
If my Whippets are anything to go by they are most definitely NOT laid back or NOT Whippets  :teehee:

They have been called a lot of things,most of them unprintable  (w00t) but laid back aint one of them.

Good luck with the search  :luck:

Well my 4 only have 2 speeds! Full gallop or flat out snoring! :lol:

aslan said:
Uh-hmm!  Please!  They don't "chew" or "destroy".   Whippets are very creative artistes - they RE-DESIGN, thank you!   ;)   (w00t)   Usually are the most creative up until their teenage years.  Age tends quell the artiste in them I find.
I think black is beautiful too - but I like mine with a touch of white.  :D

Your right Lana Spry has just redesigned my slippers which was very nice of her although they are a tad uncomfy with no inner soles :blink:

Gorgeous pictures I love all colours :wub: welcome to K9 and good luck in your search :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
aslan said:
Uh-hmm!  Please!  They don't "chew" or "destroy".  Whippets are very creative artistes - they RE-DESIGN, thank you!  ;)   (w00t)   Usually are the most creative up until their teenage years.  Age tends quell the artiste in them I find.

LOL ok ok they are VERY artistic LOL

BUT MINE ARE DOWN RIGHT DESTRUCTIVE (w00t)

aslan said:
Uh-hmm!  Please!  They don't "chew" or "destroy".  Whippets are very creative artistes - they RE-DESIGN, thank you!  ;)   (w00t)   Usually are the most creative up until their teenage years.  Age tends quell the artiste in them I find.

Lana I just love that pic :wub: I'm sooo envious :* I'd give anything for a nice blk & Wh like that.Lucky,lucky you ;)

beaker said:
:'( nobody loves blacks  :'(
I love blacks (or should i say flirty gerty here does :- " )

Good Luck in your search Jok.

BTW im yet to meet a laid back whippet. They are either asleep or 100 mph causing mayhem!!

jok said:
Hi, Im new to this forum thing!
Im looking for a whippet pup that will be ready sometime after christmas.  I would like a bitch and am not fussed about the colour, although would prefer NOT black.

I am after a good quality pup that i can show.  I can assure a fantastic loving home and the new pup will join our dobermann bitch Chloe, who is an absolute sweetie.  Chloe use to be showed but unfortunately wasn't really up to it and is now a much loved pet! I have also shown my parents staffie, molly.

It is important that the pup is of good quality.  We will not be having more than two dogs, so i am eager to have some fun in the ring with this one!

We live in Shropshire but are prepared to travel for the right pup.  I've been searching the net / papers but to no avail.

Many thanks

Jo

beaker said:
:'( nobody loves blacks  :'(
i do :wub:

SP_A0103.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back