The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet struggling to do the toilet

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Cash_dolly, Raw liver can do some "horrible" things to our dogs bottoms even when they are used to it. You may have to try starting with very very small amounts like maybe just a teaspoon full !

Sorry Excuseme! I read it on another forum. Do you think it carries any weight?

JoanneF; I was going to give it a try for a while but as all of our dogs have very firm / hard poos' I don't know whether I really want to soften them at all and the one that hates doing the white crumbly poos', I just don't give any fresh bones to her. (she just has old second hand bones)

Our girls sometimes get lightly steamed veg of all sorts (from above and below), they also get raw uncooked above and below ground veg and fruit. I have never noticed any great difference, but then again I have not had any reason to specifically watch or study the results. (if that makes sense!)

All very interesting reading! on the poop front......all is back to normal in Dolly land! Though as you can see...she does have a very hard life!

fire.jpg

Looks to me like your a "wicked" mum, are you sure she is ok? !!

Hey guys. The best cure for constipation is fibre. A bit of constipation can happen to our fresh fed dogs and some dogs are more prone than others. As the posters say above, it can be that your minces are a little high in bone or you're not giving enough fibre. Normally dogs would get this from hair and feathers etc but we usually cut this out. As the poster above says a little veg is good for fibre. In this respect the best thing you can do is cook up a load of sweet potato. Most importantly keep the skins on. Mash it all up and keep a few tubs in the freezer just in case. The fibre and complex polysachs in here act like a sponge, sucking water into the stool. Add 50% of this filler to his normal diet. Reduce meal size to half their normal size and feed more often. Adding water to their mix and oil will help at this point too. Some dogs need a little fibre always, a little packet of ground linseed almost always does the trick for these lads. Hope this helps. More here http://www.dogsfirst.ie/health-issues/

It's great that most of us on here are either feeding raw / fresh food or recommending simple natural solutions. It wasn't like this a few years ago.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back