The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet X Bedlington Lurcher

Those bedlington whippet crosses are just too beautiful!

This is a bit off topic, but do you people in the UK know if the ban on hunting with dogs will mean that people will stop breeding lurchers? From what I understand, rabbitting is not considered hunting and will still be allowed, is that correct? Does the ban threaten the existence of working bedlingtons?

The ban in the UK would probably affect the coursing type lurchers more but i dought the ban would affect the bedlington lurchers as they are mainly bred for rabbiting and ferreting etc which isnt banned but none of it affects me yet as im from N.Ireland and the ban hasnt reached here yet, hopefully it stays that way :sweating:

Hi,

Her name is something I made up...it took a while to find something that suited her!! :D

I've only met 2 others that are of similar mix as her and that was last year at the Arthington Show, Leeds.

Inca is 3 parts whippet and 1 part bedlington, can't remember what the others were but there looked just the same.

And yes they look just like minature deerhounds...reaaly cute... :wub:

Chance looks lovely is it unusual to have a smooth coat with bedlington lines? I assumed they would all be rough, even if just slightly?

My lurcher is supposed to be saluki X but I am sure he has some bedlington in him. His coat is soft and silky, light brindle and a bit afghan looking.When he shakes his head his hair stands on end for ages. He's 2 years old and his name is Dweezil. I wanted to post a picture but it did not work as the file was too big. Is there a way round this? If not go to lurcherlink.org and look in introductions.....

Finally got my puppy - well will have in a few weeks time when he has grown a bit.

he is three quarters bedlington and one quarter whippet. Just need to think of a name now :)

graham1307 said:
Finally got my puppy - well will have in a few weeks time when he has grown a bit.he is three quarters bedlington and one quarter whippet.  Just need to think of a name now :)

How about Trouble? :p

We will need to see pics of this pup! :thumbsup: I love bedlington/whippet crosses but odn't have one. I make do with lurve sessions with my mate's Libby! :wub:

Doggie012.jpgOoops failed to add picture :oops:

... and a picture of scooby with his soul mate and `brother` Angus the Dobermann

150205.JPG

... and finally, a picture taken only yesterday of Scooby `resting` during his walk along Ecton Brook in Northampton.

PIC_0007_k9.JPG

Inca has a lot more grey in her, although Scooby seems to be turning more grey as the months go by. He was mostly jet black when he came to us with just a few specs of grey around his muzzle.

She does look very grey but in certain lights her fur has a blue hint to it. Her dad was a blue whippet and her mum was a blue whippet x bedlington so thats probably why. :wub:

Incadink is lovely, I just love bedlingtons and whippets so the mix is perfect, they are so full of mischeif or is that just my Pixel :- "

Here is Pixel who is 1/2 whippet 1/4 bedlington 1/4 greyhound

pix.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I log in for the firt time in ages and I see a Whippet x Bedlington thread

Well my Tippy is this exact cross!

43246668.jpg

43393587.jpg

I never realised there were so many about, and all looking so individual too :)

Richard, how old is Tippy? ... Our Scooby is still only 2 years old - but people who meet him for the first time think he is 102.

Just to show what happpens when you cross back to a whippet- our Tess is 7/8 whippet 1/8 bedlington. I think it's impossible to tell she has any Bedlington in her but her breeder swears....... and she has a very terrierish temperament

View attachment 15064

These pics don't show how smooth her coat is, I'll just find another

look_what_i_caught.JPG

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back