The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippets And Agility

andrea31

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Has anyone trained their whippets in the agility trials? My daughter Erica got that nintendogs game for Christmas, and now wants to know what the score is with whippets and agility trials.

I've trained a lurcher in agility and have seen whippets do it. I dont see the problem in taking the dog along and letting it have a go...you never know it might love it.

Beau is training for Agility Andrea. He is very confident on all the equipment, but he still needs to settle down a bit, and we have some team work skills to work on. Don't forget he is only 15 months old. Other than that the general opinion around the club is that he will end up being titled :thumbsup:

We have great fun training in agility :thumbsup: - Zephyr loves it - but I don't think I would ever compete with him :teehee: - I can't imagine that he would stay inside the course if he could see another dog on another course at the same time - he would just HAVE to go and see what they were up to!! (w00t) (w00t)

But it is such a fun thing to do and whippets find the jumping and running so easy! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Think Kobis breeder Liz third does agility too with Kobis dad - he seems to be a good all rounder - showing, racing and agility. :thumbsup:

We train all ours in agility. We do it for fun, but if I was going to compete I don't think they'd have a problem if I put the work in. Teya is just an absolute STAR! I think she's the one I'd have the most success with.

Definitely worth doing - even if you don't compete, it's worth it for the fun for both you and the dog! They LOVE it!

Wendy

nimbus_spring.jpg

Sure they can do it! Nimbus thinks it's great fun. I hardly think we'll ever get to a competition, but that doesn't take the fun out of it. Rather the other way around in our case :- " (It's not him not being able to compete, it's me not wanting to! :clown: )

agkurs%20153_small.jpg

andrea31 said:
Has anyone trained their whippets in the agility trials?  My daughter Erica got that nintendogs game for Christmas, and now wants to know what the score is with whippets and agility trials.
Alfie has been doing agility for 7 months now and loves every minute of it, he thinks the jumps are the best bit and also loves the tunnel

My Alfie did agility for years- he was even in the Whippet club obedience team agility demo at Crufts (as was Zephyr :thumbsup: ) and he absolutely loved it but wasn't very quick. He also had a useless handler (me :- " ) who didn't know her left from right, so we never competed.

I have started training with Mabel now, and she is very switched on and keen, so think I'd better polish up my handling skills :oops:

I love watching Whippets jumping- they give the jumps so much height and remind me of stags!

Liz and the Monellis

:thumbsup:

Ane said:
nimbus_spring.jpg

Sure they can do it! Nimbus thinks it's great fun. I hardly think we'll ever get to a competition, but that doesn't take the fun out of it. Rather the other way around in our case  :- "  (It's not him not being able to compete, it's me not wanting to!  :clown: )

agkurs%20153_small.jpg

Great pictures Ane :thumbsup:

Where can you go to train your whippets? Or can you build a course in your garden if you have enough space?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back