Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

whippets around horses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am looking for two whippets to buy in a few months when i move house. I grew up with whippets so know a fair bit about their temperaments. There are a lot of horses around our new house, though and I am concerned that I will be able to train the dogs to behave around them. Does anyone have any advice? Also, do you know of any breeders in The Bedfordshire area? I am not intending to show the dogs - they will be family pets.

yes i have horses and a whippet introduce the puppies to the horse so that they can smell each other , but personally i would not let the dogs run in the same field as the horses because its the horses natural instinct to chase dogs and they can run an awfull lot faster and tend to stike out with front and rear hooves and as you know if something is running whippets can't resist to chase it hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back