The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippy Belly.... Some Advice Needed Please

MISS MOLLIES MUMMY

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:) OUR MOLLY IS SWEET LOOKING... BUTTER WOULD NOT MELT.... . REALLY SHE IS NOT LADYLIKE......... SHES A DOCKER!!!!!

WHEN SHE IS FREE RUNNING SHE HAS NO CARE WHERE SHE JUMPS OR LANDS. WHILST SHE IS RUNNING THROUGH THE GRASS OR OVER HEATHER, SHE IS GETTING A SCABBY BELLY AND WHAT APPEARS TO BE GRASS RASH.

I HAVE TAKEN TO SMOTHERING HER LITTLE WHIPPY BELLY WITH VASELINE BEFORE WE GO OUT. THEN AT NIGHT BEFORE BED SMOTHERING IT WITH SUDOCREM TO EASE IT.

HAS ANYONE ANY EXPERIENCE OF THIS AND ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN DO .

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL. THENKS :cheers:

Just like my Molly - a real tomboy :wub:

I just leave her to it and I don't put any cream on as it tends to sort itself out. She has had some awful grass rashes too but it goes down in time and doesn't seem to bother her. I don't like putting stuff on her really. If your Molly is getting lots of cuts from heather perhaps you could put a little tshirt or coat on her which covers her chest/belly?

my girls get it alot at this time of year, and i think it looks worse than what it is caue it doesnt seem to bother them at all.

heres millie last year :eek:

IMG_1333.jpg

jezza said:
Just like my Molly - a real tomboy  :wub:
I just leave her to it and I don't put any cream on as it tends to sort itself out. She has had some awful grass rashes too but it goes down in time and doesn't seem to bother her. I don't like putting stuff on her really. If your Molly is getting lots of cuts from heather perhaps you could put a little tshirt or coat on her which covers her chest/belly?

:eek: OH YES IT LOOKS JUST LIKE THAT.... AND YOU ARE BOTH RIGHT IT DOES NOT SEEM TO BOTHER HER......... THANK YOU.

MISS MOLLIES MUMMY said:
:)   OUR MOLLY IS  SWEET LOOKING... BUTTER WOULD NOT MELT.... . REALLY SHE IS NOT LADYLIKE......... SHES A DOCKER!!!!!
WHEN SHE IS FREE RUNNING SHE HAS NO CARE WHERE SHE JUMPS OR LANDS. WHILST SHE IS RUNNING THROUGH THE GRASS OR OVER HEATHER, SHE IS GETTING A SCABBY BELLY AND WHAT APPEARS TO BE GRASS RASH.

I HAVE TAKEN TO SMOTHERING HER LITTLE WHIPPY BELLY WITH VASELINE BEFORE WE GO OUT. THEN AT NIGHT BEFORE BED SMOTHERING IT WITH SUDOCREM TO EASE IT.

HAS ANYONE ANY EXPERIENCE OF THIS AND ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN DO .

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL.    THENKS  :cheers:

Hi, My lurcher doesnt seem to suffer with this but my staffy does....

My Vet advised me to moisturise her belly daily with Nivea- and it worked!

Seems that some types of grass can cause this in sensitive skin, your right it doesnt seem to bother them, try putting the moisture back in or using doggie aromatherapy oils to sooth the skin!

Lynne :D

:cheers: thank you. Its just good to know molly is not the only one who suffers from this. i will moisturise it as you suggest and a t-shirt is an excellent idea.

last night she was not as bad.

thanks for your advice, woofs from molly and big ben . :thumbsup:

I use Aloe Vera gel on mine that get the same grass rash. I slap it on before and after exercise!

It always seem strange to me that it doesn't seem to be sore or itchy because it looks so bad!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wee jrt had a similar rash this time last year. It didn't seem to bother him too much. This year though the rash is much angrier and really bothering the poor mite. I've washed him with some hibiscrub and put aloe vera gel on it to help ease it. If it doesn't calm down in the next few days I'll pop him to the vet.

Tshirts are a great idea, I'll have to put his wee hoody on when he's out in the fields again. :))

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back