The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Who Has Been Racing Longest?

halloween

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Who has been in racing the longest?

I have the great pleasure of knowing Pat Blower who has been racing since 1959!!! without any breaks.can anyone beat this? I only started in 1973

Who has been in racing the longest?I have the great pleasure of knowing Pat Blower who has been racing since 1959!!! without any breaks.can anyone beat this? I only started in 1973
:p Since 1963 but only cos my mum is Pat and she couldn't wait to get back racing after having me ( 2 weeks so i'm told). My girls were 4 weeks but i have to confess to it being there first stop after being released from the Special Care Baby Unit, yes even before going home. Well it was Sunday morning and a trophy race at the club, so come on, we had to see who won!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT....... no i'm not obsessed with whippets. Am I ????

Sadie how old was Bobby ???

4 generations of us racing now!!!! and have to say my Grandma raced before that, think she got her first whippet and started racing when she was 70 yrs old, and my Grandad on my dads side raced a little blue whippet down the canal banks i believe lol It must be some kind of condition our family have :clown: :clown: Whippet Syndrome :eek:

1968 when I started racing at Stoney Cross in the New Forest. I then mated my show pedigree bitch to the famous Blue Peter and moved near Doncaster where I raced at Armthorpe, Rossington and Manton and there raced with George and Pat Blower and daughter Karen. Struggling a bit to keep racing now, distances too far for me to go

Audrey.

not me ive only been racing 15 years i often wonder wot id b doing @ weekends if i didnt whippet race any more. don & ruth syson have been racing loads of years but im not sure how many?

I DONT NO HOW MANY YEARS BUT ARTHUR WEBB AND VIC AND MICK BEEN RACING MANY YEARS

lol well bobby came home on a saturday after being in hospital for 4 days and then we went racing on the sunday lol so he was 5 days old :D

Izzy was younger came home saturday again and went racing sunday 3 days old lol :D We just cant help it can we mum lol

i even risked being 2 weeks over due and going to highgate night racng when pregnant with izzy its in our blood and hopefully always will be

i got the next two to carry it on both love the dogs and bobby getting well into the racing too!!!

x

i feel a how long u been racing poll coming on lol :D

I HAD MY FIRST WHIPPET KING AT 13 YEARS OF AGE AND HE WAS BRED FROM THE SHALFLEET LINE OF PEDIGREES WE USED TO RACE AT BRAESWOOD IN ESSEX RUN BY FRANK WOODS THE WILSONS AND DOBSONS THE BREEDERS OF KING. THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR YEAR WAS A COACH TRIP TO SEDGEBROOK FOR AN INTER TRACK.SO IVE BEEN RACING FOR 42 YEARS.VIC AND MICK MARCHANT HAD DINO AND I HAD JAMIE A FEW YEARS LATER.

I WOULD IMAGINE RUTH AND DON SYSON HAVE BEEN IN THE SPORT A LONG TIME BUT A DARK HORSE COULD BE OLD FATHER TIME KEITH ROBINSON.

I have heard many a tale from Sedgebrook - this was one of the first tracks mum and dad ran at with the their first whippet Flash Past (15/16lb's), the inter club matches were a 'big' thing in them days, i think pity we lost this sort of thing - maybe i might have to work on this one ;) I wonder if any clubs would be interested ????

Last edited by a moderator:
i got my first whippet in march 1973 ( 36 years ) allthough i don't race anymore i just watch, i still own a whippet that races ( prada ). allison races her

i must say it is the best thing i ever done,and i would advise anyone to take up whippet racing. i have made and met all of good friends over the years.

highlight of my career winning fed ch/chs with tycool and bwra sup rch with chloe, these are memories that will allways be with me,it's a great feeling,

in fact all the titles my dogs have won mean a great deal to me :D :thumbsup:

if you been racing 47 year tom u must of started when you were about 40 :D

I only been racing opens since 98 but can remember going to Dawdon when i was about 5, carn't really remember the dogs only playing on the swings and having cold feet when I came home.

I only been racing opens since 98 but can remember going to Dawdon when i was about 5, carn't really remember the dogs only playing on the swings and having cold feet when I came home.
Wouldn't your dad buy you any shoe's and socks Sharon :clown: wait till I bloody see him :lol:

I HAD MY FIRST WHIPPET KING AT 13 YEARS OF AGE AND HE WAS BRED FROM THE SHALFLEET LINE OF PEDIGREES WE USED TO RACE AT BRAESWOOD IN ESSEX RUN BY FRANK WOODS THE WILSONS AND DOBSONS THE BREEDERS OF KING. THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR YEAR WAS A COACH TRIP TO SEDGEBROOK FOR AN INTER TRACK.SO IVE BEEN RACING FOR 42 YEARS.VIC AND MICK MARCHANT HAD DINO AND I HAD JAMIE A FEW YEARS LATER.I WOULD IMAGINE RUTH AND DON SYSON HAVE BEEN IN THE SPORT A LONG TIME BUT A DARK HORSE COULD BE OLD FATHER TIME KEITH ROBINSON.
Just spoke to mum and apparently dad did the trip to Braeswood running for Sedgebrook for the inter track too ;)

not me ive only been racing 15 years i often wonder wot id b doing @ weekends if i didnt whippet race any more. don & ruth syson have been racing loads of years but im not sure how many?
Sure Don will confirm or put us right but mum thinks Don had his first whippet (Vivs Pet) at the same time as mum and dad started racing ;)

I have heard many a tale from Sedgebrook - this was one of the first tracks mum and dad ran at with the their first whippet Flash Past (15/16lb's), the inter club matches were a 'big' thing in them days, i think pity we lost this sort of thing - maybe i might have to work on this one ;) I wonder if any clubs would be interested ????
WOULD BE WILLING TO SPONSOR A FORMAT OF CLUB INTER TRACKS ALREADY SPOKE TO LES WINDLE TO RUN IT AT HES NEW TRACK HOPFULLY SORT SOMETHINK OUT FOR NEXT YEAR :thumbsup:

WOULD BE WILLING TO SPONSOR A FORMAT OF CLUB INTER TRACKS ALREADY SPOKE TO LES WINDLE TO RUN IT AT HES NEW TRACK HOPFULLY SORT SOMETHINK OUT FOR NEXT YEAR :thumbsup:
Good on ya Ray :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back