The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Who Has Been Racing Longest?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have heard many a tale from Sedgebrook - this was one of the first tracks mum and dad ran at with the their first whippet Flash Past (15/16lb's), the inter club matches were a 'big' thing in them days, i think pity we lost this sort of thing - maybe i might have to work on this one ;) I wonder if any clubs would be interested ????
WOULD BE WILLING TO SPONSOR A FORMAT OF CLUB INTER TRACKS ALREADY SPOKE TO LES WINDLE TO RUN IT AT HES NEW TRACK HOPFULLY SORT SOMETHINK OUT FOR NEXT YEAR :thumbsup:
Top man Ray :thumbsup:

I have heard many a tale from Sedgebrook - this was one of the first tracks mum and dad ran at with the their first whippet Flash Past (15/16lb's), the inter club matches were a 'big' thing in them days, i think pity we lost this sort of thing - maybe i might have to work on this one ;) I wonder if any clubs would be interested ????
WOULD BE WILLING TO SPONSOR A FORMAT OF CLUB INTER TRACKS ALREADY SPOKE TO LES WINDLE TO RUN IT AT HES NEW TRACK HOPFULLY SORT SOMETHINK OUT FOR NEXT YEAR :thumbsup:
Nice one, sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Do think some of the old running things could possibly help bring more back to racing, even at club level used to be fun when we raced and had pairs racing and such like, if a good dog drew with a dog with lesser speed, or two average dogs drew together used to make for a good fun event :) Sorry i'm ranting about the good old days again - fear age has caught me up :clown: no smart comments please, at my age i could easily get offended :clown:

Do think some of the old running things could possibly help bring more back to racing, even at club level used to be fun when we raced and had pairs racing and such like, if a good dog drew with a dog with lesser speed, or two average dogs drew together used to make for a good fun event :) Sorry i'm ranting about the good old days again - fear age has caught me up :clown: no smart comments please, at my age i could easily get offended :clown:
No comment,i'm older :lol:

and Yvonnes older than me :-

and Yvonnes older than me :-
Ok i'm a coward i'm keeping quiet now :eek:

We had a pairs race at Manton dint we mum that was fun be good to do it with more dogs as an open lol :D

i was round about 4/5 when i was tooken to old kirkcaldy club,,about 28/29years ago,,,i remeber it well,,the track starting line was near where the toilets and showers are,,,and they had electric traps back then,,,,,then we raced at polbeth / dundee / arbroath / and somtime,s went to killwinning,,,,and my 1st highland derby was in 88 , i thought, back then it was the best holiday ever :D ,,,,,i also remember when BBC did a program at kirkcaldy,

i left whippet racing when i was racing at arbroath,,,,and became a gamekeeper instead,,,and worked with gundogs,,,,came back to whippets in 2005

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back