The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

why are the indipendent tracks not listed on here?

stark

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
why are the indipendent tracks not listed on here, does anyone know ?

and who are they indipendant from and why ?

or is there another site for them

Hi John,

Ok they are called independent tracks because the run indipendent from the rule of the NGRC (who run racing at say HAll Green, Wimbledon ect)

best way if you want all the indipendent details is to get a copy of the Greyhound Star they normally have them listed in the back of that.

unfortunatly to many Indipendents are closing down (normally the good ones)

John, as Mark says independent from the NGRC, they're often referred to as 'flaps' or 'flapping' tracks. Probably the best source of debate as to the pros and cons of both is globalgreyhounds.com. Here are just some of the tracks: Armadale, Ellesmere Port, Gretna, Warwick, Westhoughton, Highgate, Askern, Swansea, Hinckley, and Pelaw Grange. The Greyhound Star dedicates about a page a month to Independent racing.

Tim.

and whats the difference between a wcra open and a wrc open ?

is it just two different govening bodys ?

There is one pedigree whippet racing club that's actually called The Independant WRC ... I'm not sure of it's history so don't flame me if I'm wrong but I believe it was started by members not wishing to affiliate to the Whippet Club Racing Authority which the majority of clubs belong to.

The WCRA does not run opens, only championship meetings but any whippet racing club (WRC) that is affiliated to the WRCA runs THEIR opens to WCRA rules and conditions, and all dogs entering must hold a WCRA passport with up-to-date stickers.

Bizzarely, most members of non-affiliated clubs (independant if you like) are also members of an affiliated club, which they join in order to get the WCRA passport.

Confused? Me too! :thumbsup:

The Indipendent is also now affiliated to the WCRA as of several years ago.

ok thanks guys thats about as clear as a donald rumsfelt speach ! :clown:

mark perhaps you can answer me this one ...im wanting to get my bitch inching closer passed on a bend track .do you know the nearest track to me where i could get her through her trial ?

all of a sudden she seams to have " got it " when it comes to wanting to be first rarther than just keeping up with the other dogs ...why do dogs do that !

I can certainly answer that for you, your closest would be the Indipendent at Worchester,

Ray runs trialling/racing most Sundays and i'm sure he would be more than happy for you to attend.

HI Stark. GO down to the independent on the 25 april, their is a bend open on & you talk to ray jones, :thumbsup:

just thought Johnwe've got a club bend meeting on the 25th if you want to have a ride up and try passing her?.

ok mark il see what im doing, and let you know as soon as possible ok

I think what you want to know is the name of the two pedigree clubs which race and are not affiliated to the WCRA they are Oxford who have been running since 1970 and Phoenix. Unfortunately some of our newer racers may not have heard of them. Oxford races every two weeks on a Sunday and is probably one of the biggest clubs in the country average numbers racing over 50, all dogs with a KC registration are allowed to run no height or weight limit.. Racing is graded I believe the similar rules apply at the Phoenix.

Hi everyone. Just one question. Ian German earlier referred to up to date stickers on passports. Can it be explained to me just what they are for.

Thanks

Chris :)

lamping man said:
Hi everyone. Just one question. Ian German earlier referred to up to date stickers on passports. Can it be explained to me just what they are for.Thanks

Chris    :)
Lampy,

when you get you're passport it is stamped for that year. Each subsequent year you need to buy (about £1.50) a WCRA sticker for that year off your club secretary.

Regards,

Scott.

Thanks Scott. I have passports for my 3 whippets that were issued over 1 year ago. Presumably I am now in need of stickers to bring me up to date. East Anglian Whippet Racing Club must assume that everyone knows the rules. How silly of me not to be aware!!

Within your midst

Lampingman :angry:

Chris,

I'm sure that Rob and Philippa will be able to sort you out! :D

Regards,

Scott.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back