The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Why So Many Injury This Summer

dart

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just like see what people think about ground we run our whippets on this summer and would it be better running bend racing in summer and straight racing early and late in season when ground softer My bitch nch gmk her injury was because ground was to hard last year and we seem to be getting a lot of injury this summer

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard fact, faster a dog is, the more likely it is to become injured. I don't think hard ground has been an issue.

opens wud run out of daylight in winter months plus snow/frost etc wud mean cancelleation

my opinion is a combination of the hard ground plus the dogs are getting faster.

my opinion is a combination of the hard ground plus the dogs are getting faster.
That about what I think John running dogs on hard ground will find any dog out over a time just wondering if tracks may need more watering before been used I know lot of tracks do try but we must think of our dogs welfare any ideas to help them must be positive Just my opinion

all dogs like different grounds and the ground in the winter can just be hard as it is now

but people cancell in the winter as theirs a bite of frost on the ground so yous dont run but you will run when the ground is as hard as it now

so if you think the ground is to hard dont run think of your dog first

PERSONALLY I THINK SOME OF THE INJURIES AT THE WEEKEND (SUNDAY) WAS BECAUSE OF THE BACK WIND MAKING THE DOGS RUN PICK UP MORE SPEED THAN THERE BODY'S COULD COPE WITH

Hard fact, faster a dog is, the more likely it is to become injured. I don't think hard ground has been an issue.

I think ya spot on dogs are getting faster

Cant be any hard ground in the north east every time I look out the window its raining, ( wor window cleaner does nt need a bucket )

This weeks looking good mind could be the start of wa ( Indian summer 8) ha ha

I think ya spot on dogs are getting faster

Cant be any hard ground in the north east every time I look out the window its raining, ( wor window cleaner does nt need a bucket )

This weeks looking good mind could be the start of wa ( Indian summer 8) ha ha

sorry but got to say what i think. the track had been rolled to much the ground was a bit bumpy and there is a camber at this track, plus the back wind was a factor, if you beleave the times which i dont/ how can one man stand and clock the dogs. i fill sorry for les because he does everythink he could and loves hes dogs and hes racing. but somethink wasent right with that track the weekend theres a lot more injurys than you know only saying what most people think. see our many are there next week.

it can happen any where just one of those things but think clocks were right john gill and myself didnt beleive times so we stood and clocked too they were near enough wind asisted too...

somethink lol thought you would spell better than that been almost a vet lol

somethink lol thought you would spell better than that been almost a vet lol

know cant spell not vet but no more than you. be early puppy champs cant wait to see you.

back on topic now weve run on tracks no where near the standard of champs maybe it can just happen in a glut of injured dogs but still think they were going to fast for there own good hope everyone makes a speedy recovery :luck:

I usually make a point of not writing on anything controversial these days but this time Im going to make an exception.

I just want to state here quite clearly and for all to see that although Graham and I heartbreakingly lost Perry in a tragic accident at Poolsbrook earlier this summer WE DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE BLAMED THE TRACK OR ANYONE OPERATING EQUIPMENT ON THE TRACK FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO PERRY.

Accidents happen in racing and no one could care more or put more work into a track than Les, Linda and the Poolsbrook committee.

sorry but got to say what i think. the track had been rolled to much the ground was a bit bumpy and there is a camber at this track, plus the back wind was a factor, if you beleave the times which i dont/ how can one man stand and clock the dogs. i fill sorry for les because he does everythink he could and loves hes dogs and hes racing. but somethink wasent right with that track the weekend theres a lot more injurys than you know only saying what most people think. see our many are there next week.
Will take this post as serious as I took the vetinary course post Ray (w00t) If you were that worried then maybe you shouldn't have run your dogs.Perhaps in future you will think twice before running at Poolsbrook

so ray along with the 3 years vet school did you also take a course in ground work ?? or was the 3 year course just in farming sanitation you seem to be a expert in s--t !! if you thought the track was so bad why did you run your dogs ?? being such a great dog man, oh as karen said look forward to not seeing you at Poolsbrook again

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back