The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Will my puppy be okay?

Bilbo puppy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello :) . Basically our problem is with our new 9 week old jackchi puppy, Bilbo. We only got him yesterday and we tried introducing him to our older, rescued westie mix dog called Max. I know you should introduce them on neutral territory but we couldn't because he hasn't completed his vaccinations yet. Max has never met a puppy before (as far as we know) and seems confused and has some weird behaviour.. He watches the puppy for hours while it's sleeping without getting bored or distracted. He also makes a wheezing sound which he always does when he's excited. He's obsessed! They've met outside the cage briefly a couple times and when this happened the older dog was extremely tense and we are not sure if he's being aggressive or not. We can take videos if it's useful. Please someone tell us what the next step is and wether or not our puppy is In danger :(

Hi there I've just read your post, Good luck with new puppy, it normally takes a few weeks for the older dog to adjust to a new arrival, he is just warning him it is his home as well, you are doing nothing wrong even now and again the older dog may snap at him, its only putting puppy in his place Im sure they will be ok in time, sorry could'nt be more helpful :thumbsup:

This could potentially be a victim of the puppy trade, you could report it here www.stoppuppytraders.com and ask relevant questions..

Where did you get the puppy?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back