The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Will This Help With The Heat

sharron

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Zeb going on a sponsored walk in 2 weeks, but im worried about the heat,(as hes not to good with this hot weather). :(

1 of the trainers at my dog club told my to mix 1/2 teaspoon of sugar with 1/4 of salt with a pint of water. to freeze 1 bottle and cool 1 for traveling. Will this help or make things worse. :sweating:

Any advice greetfully reseaved.

As long as Zeb drinks plenty during the walk he shouldn't need a rehydration drink.

And if you really think he might suffer in the heat you can proper rehydration formula from the vets and its got everything in it that he would need not just salt and sugar...

IMO I'd ask your vet for advise before giving anything like that.

Good luck with the walk :luck:

You can buy electrolytes from the pet shop,if my memory serves me right? Most likely cheaper than the vets.

I have some here all the time for the horses and our dogs get a little bit of that in their water during this weather if they are exerting themselves a lot.

thanks i'll see if i can get some. Zeb hardly drinks anyway which in this weather is a bit worrying.I well ways make sure he has same when we go out anywere anyway, just dont want the worse to happen. :b

get somone to make him a light white cotton towel tiu can just get a hand towle and fasen ribbon to go under his belly and anothe to tie round his chest and keep it wet to help him cool down I did one for my black greyound shelby and it realy made the world of differnce to him he wa very happy and comfortabll all day i just spryed it with water every so offten to keep it cool

There are some great reflective coats that make a HUGE difference. You can get them at Countrymun or Venturecoats.

Wendy

Thank wendy, i'll check them out. :b

As his raised over £160.00, i dont want to let hearing dogs down.

I'll see if mil can make one up for me. :))

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back