The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

William

oakmoorehill

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thought I would put on some more pictures of William

2005_0611Image0051_2_.JPG

View attachment 25414

he's a barnesmore his sire is IR CH Xandal Galahad and his dam is INT CH Solstrand Knightingale

can we see a nice one of him in his show pose!!!

When ive been to crufts I alawys find the greyhound owners very unapproachable....is this due to the fact they are show greyhounds...not beening mean but im keen to say hello to the greyhounds!!!can i come and say hello to William...please!!

Hi H!

lOVELY PICS! What a handsome dog!

Will speak soon xx

:wub: William :wub: Cant wait for crufts so that i can meet him in the flesh.

noopy_101 said:
When ive been to crufts I alawys find the greyhound owners very unapproachable....is this due to the fact they are show greyhounds...not beening mean but im keen to say hello to the greyhounds!!!can i come and say hello to William...please!!

Sorry my PC crashed over christmas and it looks like the only one I had of William in a show pose was not transfered to disc I will try to take some later

Of course you will be welcome to come and say hello to William but I will let you have his ring number when it comes as I may be at the whippet ring with him as I have a whippet entered to.

I have only been showing greyhounds for about 18 months and I to find the greyhound people very unapproachable the people who show the ex racers are much better. Even in the short time I have been showing William has only been shown at 3 champ shows (one of these was crufts) and I have already had the greyhound club running to his breeder saying I was miss treating him A rumour started by a so called friend with whippets not greyhounds nobody bothered trying to find out who I was or if there was any truth in it.

Needles to say I rang the person who told the breeder :rant: to find out the truth she was passing on a message but would not tell me the person who complained. I spoke to the secratary of the greyhound club and put her staight to so it has now been sorted.

Although the person who started this rumour has never been named it has been hinted to who it was but if I asked her she would deny it so now we are out to win with William ans shut them all up although we know it will prbably never be as I am not a big face or a breeder so you can understand why I do not intend hanging round the greyhound ring at crufts

certain breed owners are very cliquey :angry: but that takes the mick, helen!

take comfort in the fact that theyre doing it because they obviously feel threatened! take william all the way! :luck: :luck: :luck:

lalena said:
certain breed owners are very cliquey :angry: but that takes the mick, helen!take comfort in the fact that theyre doing it because they obviously feel threatened! take william all the way! :luck:   :luck:   :luck:

Thanks Lalena will do our best

oakmoorehill said:
lalena said:
certain breed owners are very cliquey :angry: but that takes the mick, helen!take comfort in the fact that theyre doing it because they obviously feel threatened! take william all the way! :luck:   :luck:   :luck:

Thanks Lalena will do our best

or, alternatively, send those schemers to me on chat :D i'll have'em, me :- " if i can scare an 18 stone man off, whats a few backbiters? (w00t)

oakmoorehill said:
noopy_101 said:

Sorry my PC crashed over christmas and it looks like the only one I had of William in a show pose was not transfered to disc I will try to take some later

Of course you will be welcome to come and say hello to William but I will let you have his ring number when it comes as I may be at the whippet ring with him as I have a whippet entered to.

I have only been showing greyhounds for about 18 months and I to find the greyhound people very unapproachable the people who show the ex racers are much better. Even in the short time I have been showing William has only been shown at 3 champ shows (one of these was crufts) and I have already had the greyhound club running to his breeder saying I was miss treating him A rumour started by a so called friend with whippets not greyhounds nobody bothered trying to find out who I was or if there was any truth in it.

Needles to say I rang the person who told the breeder :rant: to find out the truth she was passing on a message but would not tell me the person who complained. I spoke to the secratary of the greyhound club and put her staight to so it has now been sorted.

Although the person who started this rumour has never been named it has been hinted to who it was but if I asked her she would deny it so now we are out to win with William ans shut them all up although we know it will prbably never be as I am not a big face or a breeder so you can understand why I do not intend hanging round the greyhound ring at crufts

Oh I know this feeling so well ........... just one of the reasons I no longer have the greyhounds and I feel this is why, they are now an endangered breed list in the ring !!

All the best to you Helen but if you can't beat them, stick to the whippets a lot nicer bunch :thumbsup:

Hang on in there ...... What goes around comes around :D

Yeah, the breed needs more nicer people (like me (w00t) ) to get into the greyhound show ring!! :- "

That's such a shame :( , all the rescued greyhound owners I've met - out on walks or local village shows - have always been approachable, epsecially if I have my two in tow! (w00t)

:luck: Hope you do really well and Crufts -it's about time a badger dog won :wub:

Lolcoe said:
Yeah, the breed needs more nicer people (like me (w00t) ) to get into the greyhound show ring!! :- "
Go on Skippy buy er a grey to show :thumbsup: u know u want too!!!! :wub:

I am afraid this is the way of the show people in a lot of breeds if your face doesn`t fit they make you feel like an outcast I used to show a Min Pin and the breed people were generally ok but my sister showed cav`s and they were like the doggy mafia sitting round the ring with their flasks and tupperware boxes....

Dare I say the wrong end of the lead often got judged at some of the open shows in our area...I think I dare...lol

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back