The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Winnie

whippetwise

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well as some of you know we took in our first rescue a few weeks ago, her name is Winnie and she is a whippet/collie cross. When she arrived, she had a fever. She was very skinny and had wounds on her back end and tail. After bringing her to the vet it was discovered that she had a large wound on her tail with two inches of the bone showing, it was also discovered that she was suffering with mange.

This is Winnie when she arrived

Winnie.jpg

winnie1.jpg

2010_0105dylan0019.jpg

Winnie has put on weight nicely and she has come right out of herself, she loves to run around playing with her teddy. Winnie had to have part of her tail amputated but her wounds have healed well. She is still being treated for the mange. These are not great photos and she doesnt look the best right now because of her tail being shaved but you can see she has put on weight. She is getting there slowly but surely :thumbsup:

Here she is running around like a loon with one of her teddies :)

winnie001.jpg

winnie002.jpg

winnie003.jpg

Doesn't it just make you feel great when you see these wonderful little rescues :wub: start to live again and know how life can and should be. Well done you and she will repay you a hundred fold. Keep us up dated with her progress and, of course, lots of pics. :)) I am deliberately not talking about her injuries as I get so upset. especially after losing Pip, so shall just concentrate on the wonderful life she is now going to have with you. By the way, how old is she?

She looks so much better already. Well done for rescuing the wee dog.

What a marvellous improvement is such a short time!! Well done, you :D

Winnie is gorgeous :wub:

The vet thinks Winnie is approx 1 or 2 years old. She will be looking for her forever home in a few weeks time :thumbsup:

(w00t) wow shes looking great already :thumbsup: keep up the good work, what a lucky girl she is....fingers crossed for a perfect forever home when the time is right :wub:

What an amazing difference in such a short time. Winnie looks really sweet. :wub: :wub: Well done to all those involved in her rescue. :thumbsup:

Good luck in finding her a forever home. :luck: :luck:

Aww what a difference Love and Kindness makes....well done... :thumbsup:

shes looking brilliant, and her sparkles back.

Well done and thanks for the update. I was quite shocked by that first photo. The transformation is wonderful to see. :thumbsup:

Winnie (love the name) Is coming on a treat with all your TLC :thumbsup: Good luck in finding this special lady her forever home :luck:

What an amazing difference in Winnie already, she looks full of life playing with her teddy. Winnie is such a lovely girl :wub: I hope she finds her forever home soon :huggles:

Winnie looks so happy now bless her :))

I just can never believe how much dogs give back even after all the mistreatment they sometimes get. It is so wonderful to see her healing phyiscally but also how happy she looks running around with her teddy. You have done so well with her and she will make someone a smashing little dog. You go Winnie.

Wow, you've done wonders with her already. Winnie looks like she's really starting to enjoy life and from the look of the poor wee soul in those first few photos, she really deserves it. Great to see that she already has a sense of fun and enjoys playing with her teddy - good luck with her continued rehabilitation :luck:

How heartwarming - how wonderful you are for doing that for that little girl, she looks like a lovely girl :wub:

the difference all ready in her is amazing. Well done to you and her. Hope she finds her forever home soon

It's great to see your update on Winnie, Sarah. She looks like she's recovering well and starting to enjoy life again (w00t) . I'm sure her new owners will be delighted with her and with an attitude like she seems to have I'm sure she'll be spoilt rotten in no time. ;) Keep up the great work you are doing down there!! :thumbsup:

How good to see Winnie playing like a whippet should. Well done you!

I hope you got lots of contributions towards the vets bill :thumbsup:

Karen

Hi Karen, yes we got a total of 50 pounds donated to the Winnie fund, thankyou so much to those who donated, you know who you are :thumbsup:

Just a little update on Winnie for you. Winnie has been cat tested and we are delighted to say that she is cat safe. She will be getting spayed shortly and should be ready for rehoming in a couple of weeks :huggles: I am hopefully going to visit her in her foster home soon and I will be bringing my camera! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back