The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Wolfys Liver Test

suka

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:( Hi all what a day!! wolfy went to the vets 4 his liver test ,the ENZYMES HAVE INCREASED ALOT.even with taking liver pills ZENTONIL. so we now have only one decision apparently,livers damaged ,its not going to improve. will get worse. we have got some pills 4 his incontinence ,hes to carry on with the steroids for his weak back legs,we are to monitor him over next 2 weeks if a small sign of pain we are to take him in to be PTS poor boy.I have him 4 a bit longer though THANK GOD. I hate all of this,& feel sorry 4 my poor wolfy. Hes 13.5 yrs old. He had a liver test done 3 weeks ago which showed he had liver disease . I am now feeding him a low fat diet to help his liver problem. He's not been eating too well ,this has gone on 4 about 2 mnths now . I will just have to observe him closely 4 any signs of pain!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Hi Suka

You have my sympathy - I've been there twice, and it's hard. All you can do is keep him comfortable and happy, and then help him out when the time comes. At least he has made a good age - I lost mine at 7 and 9 years old :(

:luck: my best wishes to you and Wolfy.

So sorry to hear your sad news. :huggles: to you both

Kirsty

no matter how hard it will be, just do right by him :( a friends lab had cancer, but they couldnt bear to put khan to sleep :angry: at the end he struggled to breath, couldnt get up, became incontinant...that poor boy suffered terribly :(

i hope you have much more time together :luck:

suka said:
:( Hi all what a day!! wolfy went to the vets 4 his liver test ,the ENZYMES HAVE INCREASED ALOT.even with taking liver pills  ZENTONIL. so we now have only one decision apparently,livers damaged ,its not going to improve. will get worse. we have got some pills 4 his incontinence ,hes to carry on with the steroids for his weak back legs,we are to monitor him  over next 2 weeks if a small sign of pain  we are to take him in to be PTS poor boy.I have him 4 a bit longer though THANK GOD. I hate all of this,& feel sorry 4 my poor wolfy. Hes 13.5 yrs old.  He had a liver test done 3 weeks ago which showed he had liver disease . I am now feeding him a low fat diet to help his liver problem. He's not been eating too well ,this has gone on 4 about 2 mnths now . I will just have to observe him closely 4 any signs of pain!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Iknow just how you feel suka my lurcher Tris has just been diagnosed with bone cancer we don't know how long he's got either so every day is a bonus as long as he stays pain free regards Terry

so sorry to hear of his troubles, and hope you find strengh when the time comes... :(

give him lots of cuddles 13 1/2 is a good age

:huggles:

so sorry to hear about wolfy you must be finding it realy hard but atleast he will no longer be suffering and he has had a happy life.

When the time comes remember that it is whats best for him no one wants to see their best friend suffer!

Ive seen relatives of mine putting off having their 2 collies pts because they couldnt bear to loose them even though the vet said it was best for them, but they just ended up suffeing and in the end could hardly move!

hope you and wolfy are ok, try not to worry and make the most of every day you have left. Spoil him rotten

my thoughts are with you

whippets :(

So sorry to hear about Wolfy. :(

At least, if you know what's to come, you can really pamper him in the time he has left. :huggles:

Thinking of you

Liz and the Monellis

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back