The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Work Experience

Jaydiiee

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello everybody!

I was just wondering wether anyone knew any animal rescues around manchester who will accept work experience students. Iv got forms now for them and i want something either in media, which is becoming more and more less likely or something in animals. Iv emailed the dog home so far. It isnt till april 2009 but i would really prefer to get something planned, as work experience vacancies go quick! I dont want to end up with school picking mine which is usually stacking shelves in your local supermarket. And i dont want to do work experience in retail. Thankyou, and also if you know of somewhere please check its for under 18's as im in year 10.

Thankyou for your help everyone

Jade xx :huggles:

Jaydiiee said:
Hello everybody!
I was just wondering wether anyone knew any animal rescues around manchester who will accept work experience students. Iv got forms now for them and i want something either in media, which is becoming more and more less likely or something in animals. Iv emailed the dog home so far. It isnt till april 2009 but i would really prefer to get something planned, as work experience vacancies go quick! I dont want to end up with school picking mine which is usually stacking shelves in your local supermarket. And i dont want to do work experience in retail. Thankyou, and also if you know of somewhere please check its for under 18's as im in year 10.

Thankyou for your help everyone

Jade xx :huggles:

Why don't you try looking in the yellow pages under animal rescue, dog warden, rspca, etc. :thumbsup:

A couple here you could try, I don't know anything about them but it would be worth giving them a call:

Millstream Animal Shelter

Millstream Lane, Clayton Bridge, Manchester M40 1QT

Tel: 0161 6834194

Pike View Animal Rescue

Heaton Farm, Middleton, Manchester, M24 4RP

Tel: 07740 174 604

RSPCA Manchester and Salford Branch

565 Wilbraham Road, Chorlton-cum-Hardy,

Manchester, M21 9AN

Tel: 0161 881 3464 Email: info@rspca-man-sal.org.uk

www.rspca-man-sal.org.uk

Hello,

I did my work experience at the RSPCA centre here in Coventry so I would think that a centre near you take on Year 10s as well.

It was so much fun and afterwards me and a friend carried on volunteering on Saturdays. Very hard not to come home with loads of dogs though, was lovely seeing them get rehomed.

There were quite a few puppies there as well and when we had finished our cleaning we got to go and hand feed and play with them! :huggles:

:luck:

[SIZE=14pt]have you tried your local boarding kennels, they might take in workexperience girls, or racing greyhound kennels, hope you find a place somewhere :huggles: [/SIZE]

Thankyou everyone i have emailed a few rscpa's and others that are local.

Ta xx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back