The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

working dogs with ferrets

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
weihnachten039.gif

Hi Jake

I always used a 8ft locator, I never found a rabbit deeper than that and theres no rabbit in the country that would be worth a 15ft dig in frosty ground.
tiere021.gif

I have never lost a ferret but know a few that have some had locators but put their ferrets in daft places that couldn't be dug to

weihnachten037.gif

smilie_engel01.gif

(Edited by Mark Roberts at 10:02 am on Dec. 21, 2001)

Call be thick (deaf,blind, and dumb) but what's an avatar ?

Mark, there's a saying that a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Judging by your last post I daren't think how many bulbs you've got stuck to your house!

Scott.  

hi mark

sorry mate i have to disagree with you there,

i ferreted a lot  in sand dunes and the warrens were very deep,but bags of 15+rabbits out of one set

were common.i didn't say that you should be digging

to australia but why not have the extra depth locater.

when you enter a ferret to ground it is only an estimation on the depth of the set and everyone makes mistakes,so at least if you have the extra depth you can track the ferrets progress underground even if it has exceeded your 8ft.

everyone has there own opions and mine is that i would dig to whatever depth my ferret was either layed up or trapped.

weihnachten039.gif

Hi Scott

You're Avator is the pic you use at the side see u Sunday.

smilie_engel01.gif

Hi Jeff

in most situations (grass land farms) you're not going to get a rabbit going past 8 ft. I worked rock at a local Reservoir many times and they often went off the scale of the 8 ft finder. but they did always come out with a bit of sqeaking.

i've never worked sand dunes but theres no way i'd dig say 12ft down in sand to retrieve a ferret anyway(to dangerouse)

weihnachten039.gif

Scott do you realy think i'd go over the top with lights?

weihnachten039.gif

weihnachten039.gif

weihnachten039.gif

weihnachten039.gif

weihnachten039.gif

weihnachten039.gif

weihnachten039.gif

weihnachten039.gif

smilie_weihnfenster1.gif
smilie_weihnfenster1.gif
smilie_weihnfenster1.gif
smilie_weihnfenster1.gif
smilie_weihnfenster1.gif
smilie_weihnfenster1.gif
smilie_weihnfenster1.gif
smilie_weihnfenster1.gif
smilie_weihnfenster1.gif
smilie_weihnfenster1.gif
smilie_weihnfenster1.gif
smilie_weihnfenster1.gif
smilie_weihnfenster1.gif
smilie_weihnfenster1.gif

smilie_ho.gif

(Edited by Mark Roberts at 9:34 pm on Dec. 21, 2001)

hi mark

very flash

scott

i din't know what one was either,thought it was

a pilot or sumit

all the best jeff

Ive heard that a 8ft locator collar is more accurate (within 8ft) but a 15ft is on the safe side but less accurate to within 8ft is this true??

(Edited by Jake at 6:19 pm on Dec. 22, 2001)

Mark,

you really do have far too much time on your hands. I'm going to have words with Paula, I'm sure she's some great ideas about decorating. That'll keep you busy.

Scott.

HI SCott

Thats a good idea you talk to Paula about Decorating and i'll have a word with Jo about pups?

you said " A little knoledge is a dangerouse thing?hows the bathroom cladding going?

I think you'll agree some things are best left unsaid!

And remember a turkey is just for xmas
waffen003.gif

(Edited by Mark Roberts at 10:06 am on Dec. 23, 2001)

i've always used ferrets with my dogs and had no probs in the past providing they slowly introduced and if you have a dog with a good nose on it you can save your self the expence of a ferret finder i once used nets with out a dog but now i'm a lazy sod (you can only do it for so many years.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back