The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Worming With Panacur

whippetmad

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I brought some panacur 10% worming treatment for Abbee,my vet charges just over £22,but i got it on the net with Canine Chemist for £13.55 :eek: what a different in price and it was free postage :D The veternary nurse said i would,nt get it cheaper :- " :D

i get mine online as well.........its loads cheaper, i get my frontline online as well :thumbsup:

I found the same my vet charged just over £22 for the panacur 10% I had a second bottle from canine chemist I also drontal plus for the adults which are a lot cheaper A box of 24 tablets will do all my older whippets the greyhounds and the setter and only cost £36 :thumbsup:

I got some from the vet's last week.......

normally they have Drontal but this time

it was Milbemax

For 4 Pup tablets one to be given monthly

it was £3.92

For 4 adult, two treatments each for the girls

it was £14 and that was a buy 3 get 4 offer.

On this subject, can anyone tell me the cheapest place to buy Drontal online?

My vet wants to charge me £4.99 for ONE tablet?? (w00t)

I use Vet UK, they charge £1.68 per tablet. Not sure if they are the cheapest, but a lot better than vet prices.

As an added bonus, if you use the link to VetUK on the Oldies Club website below we get a percentage of all sales, so you can save money and help a rescue at the same time!

Oldies Club Online Shopping

FeeFee said:
I use Vet UK, they charge £1.68 per tablet. Not sure if they are the cheapest, but a lot better than vet prices.
As an added bonus, if you use the link to VetUK on the Oldies Club website below we get a percentage of all sales, so you can save money and help a rescue at the same time!

Oldies Club Online Shopping

Thanks for that i will be using the link :thumbsup:

Envyme said:
My vet wants to charge me £4.99 for ONE tablet??  (w00t)

Eight tablets cost me just over £12.00(free postage) for Drontal with Canine Chemist :D

daledogs said:
Envyme said:

Eight tablets cost me just over £12.00(free postage) for Drontal with Canine Chemist :D

thats not bad is it...........i pay £1.78 per tablet but get charged p&p.........gonna have a look on at the one you get yours from dawn :thumbsup:

hely said:
daledogs said:
Envyme said:

thats not bad is it...........i pay £1.78 per tablet but get charged p&p.........gonna have a look on at the one you get yours from dawn :thumbsup:

Hi Helen,they also do a catalogue which i recommend you have as its nice to have a proper look :blink: (its free)They do wormer,fleas,shampoos,any thing to do with dog health,dog beds,toys,food,whelping,dog coats,crates,,collars and leads :thumbsup: A handy thing to have,quick service too :D

AnnSa said:
I got some from the vet's last week.......normally they have Drontal but this time

it was Milbemax

For 4 Pup tablets one to be given monthly

it was £3.92

For 4 adult, two treatments each for the girls

it was £14 and that was a buy 3 get 4 offer.

ive bought milbemax for the last 2 years from the vets and they have always been buy 3 and get 1 free.

daledogs said:
hely said:
daledogs said:
Envyme said:

Hi Helen,they also do a catalogue which i recommend you have as its nice to have a proper look :blink: (its free)They do wormer,fleas,shampoos,any thing to do with dog health,dog beds,toys,food,whelping,dog coats,crates,,collars and leads :thumbsup: A handy thing to have,quick service too :D

supa dupa, thanks dawn, will have a good look tomorrow as i need to order some now as she needs worming again next week , and i have run out:thumbsup:

Here is a good site for you to get wormers from :thumbsup:

www.vet-medic.com/

The vets I work at pay more for th drontal womer than what I buy it for at my local chemist . thats why they charge more :- "

When I went to the vets for wormers they were going to give me milbemax then asked me what dogs I had and when I said I had a lurcher a greyhound and 2 border collies changed it to Drontal cos Milbemax are not recommended for border collies something to do with their genetic make up I believe.

PennyLurcher said:
When I went to the vets for wormers they were going to give me milbemax then  asked me what dogs I had and when I said  I had  a lurcher a greyhound and 2 border collies changed it to Drontal cos Milbemax are not recommended for border collies something to do with their genetic make up I believe.
Thats intresting :thumbsup:

daledogs said:
PennyLurcher said:
When I went to the vets for wormers they were going to give me milbemax then  asked me what dogs I had and when I said  I had  a lurcher a greyhound and 2 border collies changed it to Drontal cos Milbemax are not recommended for border collies something to do with their genetic make up I believe.

Quote from the manufactures web site:

Studies with milbemycin oxime indicate that the margin of safety in certain dogs of Collie or related breeds is less than in other breeds

PennyLurcher said:
daledogs said:
PennyLurcher said:

Quote from the manufactures web site:

Studies with milbemycin oxime indicate that the margin of safety in certain dogs of Collie or related breeds is less than in other breeds

Thanks for the info,i,m sure we all learnt from that :D

We normaly use IVOMEC.It can be bought for around £24/£25,a bottle.50ml will treat 50 dogs,as it only takes one ml per dog.Again it say's not to use on dog's,especialy Collies.I recon the reason for this,is that farmes were using it on their collies,when worming the cattle or sheep,and had a few fatalities over the entire farming comunity or summit.Hence the warning.Ive never known a side effect from IVOMEC.It also kills fleas,ticks and any mange that might be present.I now use worm all,as it's even cheaper,and every bit as good.All the greyhound folk use it.Even does for pups.17 euro for a 300ml container.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back