The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Worst Thing They Have Ever Eaten?

Zephyr said:
:lol:   :lol:   :lol: What a great thread this is!! :lol:

I am so relieved, Holly as a pup many moons ago has never eaten nothing she shouldnt have, Zonda has also been good apart from Hollys poo, But Nellie it seems any thing will do, poo, paper, anything she comes across on a walk, which is nasty , on the beach yesterday it was fish heads and things washed up yuk! I wouldnt mind but she picks them up and runs of with them so by the time I get there its gone so I then end up worrying if she is going to be ill, Yes and I still get kisses!! Our immune systems but be strong.....

michelle said:
ooooooooooooh totally forgot............ pippa ate a frog and puked it back up a while later and it was still alive...me & tony scrabbling round the front room trying to catch it.

(w00t) (w00t) (w00t) :lol:

Well apart from dog poo the vilest thing i've ever seen Merlin eat was a crispy dead rat - however what was worse was that he vomitted it up just before he got in the car (thank god) and it's then I noticed the live maggots - I just managed to stop him trying to re-eat it! I certainly wasn't asking for whippet kisses for a few days after that! :x

Also I had a kitten once and was quite horrified to find what I thought was the kitten passing it's intestines into the litter tray, however soon realised it was red tinsel from the xmas tree!

My pippa when she was a puppy, decided to eat a whole packet of Ibuprofen! luckily she chewed one and didnt like the powder, so just sucked off the sugar coating!

She also drank bleachy water!

Oh and a sock that reappeared a few days later in the back yard... we ended up calling it the jumper poo (w00t)

great thread :thumbsup: mine have been quite good on the whole, but i remember a few years ago comming home to find that the then pups ellie and saffie had got into my bedroom and have eaten all of my birth control bills, i had to phone the vet (who was male and found it very funny) for advice :b :b they were fine and had no side affects, thank goodness.

the thing that some-one (i have 7 dogs so im not sure who it is!) has taking a liking to at the moment is the pretend stone things that are in the fire, i havent got many left now!

Oh god my sides are sore!!!!

The Jay cloth story! :D

The frog!!

The cats intestines!!

Oh lord,,, I can't stop laughing!!

(w00t) :D :cheers:

My longhaired mini Dachshund(who sadly died at 15) at about the age of two when it was Easter time i brought hubby one of those giant Toblerone chocolate.We left it on the table out the way of tiny paws,when we got back,guess what was missing?????.....................the Toblerone (w00t) (w00t) the whole lot,rush him down to the vets and guess what he was fine,no sickness,no runny poo or any after effects,he was a very,very lucky boy and as you know chocolate can be poisonus, he lived to until he was 15.

i wonder somtimes if my vets think i'm trying to intentionally kill my dogs by poisoning them,they are understanding though and give some great advice :thumbsup:

the two brothers ended up there with chocolate poisoning

Otis ate some blood pressure tablets... the vets said bring him in if he faints (w00t)

he also ate a glass bottle of rescue remedy...crunched the glass up and scoffed the lot :( ... and yes he did wince whe he passed it :blink: vet said give him cotton wool butties to bind the bits

Otis again with the glass and :angry: drinking benelin cough medicine... he slept for ages -_-

i caught Owen trying to eat a dead jellyfish on the beach :eek:

Rosa when she was pregnant in winter would lick frozen dog poo like lollies :x

my cat also did the christmas tinsel thing and her mum used to rob dead piglets from the nearby farm and fetch them home :x

but the worst worst thing ever was an old english springer shared with my auntie trying to drag a whole dead and bloated sheep home that he had found drowned in the river... he was determined that this prize was his and he wouldn't let it go so we tried wrestling it offa him.... then it's bloated belly popped!! ... it's 20 years ago now and i can still remember the smell :x i feel sick all over again now

Well......... all of mine are pretty good apart from lola (no great surprise there!)

As some of you may remember she pinched and ate my colts bollocks when he was castrated. :oops: she slept for a good few hours after as they still had sedative in them!!

Im dreading getting the stallion gelded as his knackers are 10times the size of the colts.... :x

When she was 8 weeks old she ate a whole dead maggoty mole... she growlled like a good 'en when tried to take it off her.

She has also eaten ibuprofen, flower bulbs, all the different types of poo, lillies and other sorts of different flowers, cotton buds, soap,toilet roll tubes..... she is such minger!! BUT i love her :huggles:

Lola1.jpg
lola2.jpg

BUTTER WOULDNT MELT eh??!!

Penny is partial to a bit of icy poops when out on our walk but in general her eating habits tend to vear to the expensive end of the spectrum. I am always very careful to put the remote for the telly up high and also my reading specs but one day my varifocals were left on the shelf beside my chair and Penny had a good old chew. The optician managed to salvage them ,phew , and I can still use them dispite a few chips etc. A few weeks later my OH left his specs on the kitchen table and yep Penny had a right old chew at them. He had to get a complete new pair which cost me a small fortune.

I am now extra careful to make sure NO specs are within her reach.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back