The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Wots Everybodys Favourite Names.....

wippet lover

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi all

im now planning to get a puppy wippet this year, (im soooo excited) would love your views on some names for my puppy girl whens shes born :wub:

i really like:

Zara

Poppy

Kira

Lola

i love the name lola :thumbsup:

sould be sept or oct , im on a waiting list at the moment, owner did say if i found one sooner its ok to get her , :D thanks for that sill have a look

My whippet is called Dolly. Other names I particularly like for a girlie whippy are Poppy, Polly, Lily, Milly and Willow.

i like mabel (like someone said on another thread :b ) and mavis!!! mind u i think theyd both b better for terriers! but i think lily would suit a whippy!

lol, i said mabal its my JRT best friend lol its a kool name for a jack :thumbsup:

we have a poppy, lucy and a sindy.

i have always wanted a dog called spanner (w00t) but i also like peppa ( as in peppa pig off kids tv) :)

I like the name MIA :wub: thats what im going to call my next whippet.

~Sarah~ said:
My whippet is called Dolly. Other names I particularly like for a girlie whippy are Poppy, Polly, Lily, Milly and Willow.
We have a Polly and a Lily :wub: We also have a Twiggy!!

I like 'soft' names for girl whips - Willow is pretty, so is Fern. Also like 'herbal' names like Tansy (or pansy) and Corrie (coriander)

We have stuck with "earthy" names for our lot,we have Bracken,Teazel,Rush,Pebble,Fallow and Ash (the girls) the last three are the pups names from our litter and Ash is going to her new home shortly but keeping the name! Our last litter girl's names were Willow,Lilac and Roe (Roe kept her name in her new home but the others were changed) and our boys names are Moss,Badger,Timber,Clay and Drift (the Basenji) Clay will be going to a new home too but Timber stays with us (I think?? I've not made my mind up totally yet :b ) and the boys from the last litter were Flint and Thistle,their names were both changed too. I think it is quite nice to have a "theme" and they kinda go with the breed.

Good luck in picking a name and with your new pup when you get her. :luck: :luck: :thumbsup:

05whippet I love earthy / nature names too and flower names for girlies!

I have a lilly and will at some point love a nettle! also herb and fruit e.g apple variety's, pippin ect......

whipkit said:
05whippet I love earthy / nature names too and flower names for girlies!
I have a lilly and will at some point love a nettle! also herb and fruit e.g apple variety's, pippin ect......

We almost had a Nettle,but settled for Thistle instead,but it is still there for the future. :D Love the name Pippin,very pretty indeed. ;)

We've gone for nature themed names too.

Dogs...Hebe (a shrub)

Scrumpy..( a cider :- " ) well it's a fruit really :- "

Cats.. Tansy..(a wildflower)

Squirell

Flea.. these two are brother & sister & the names seemed to go together :b

If I have another lurcher she will be called Liffey, I think it's a lovely name but it just hasn't suited any of my dogs so far.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back