The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

''write To Your Mp''

Noise

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
just wanted to whinge about the government getting involved with dog breeding. I have an idea, what about relaxing the pet passport scheme? apparently dogs in Britain are too inbred, star stud dogs overused, our dogs are mutants, and how breeders in the UK should look up to other European kennel clubs (well, I actually do). yup, yet if you want to bring in ''fresh blood'' it's not that easy, even if you were to look at a pup from Europe (including the rabies free countries), the same rules apply as for soldiers bringing over stray dogs from Iraq...

considering that most people are not millionaires, the cost of the preparation to enter UK and actual travel (pets can't be brought into UK by a passenger plane, it must be cargo or of course, doing the drive yourself) come to a tidy sum, but oh well, we don't count the money we spend on dogs and it would be well worth it. so you find a puppy you like... only for the breeder to say they don't in fact want to bother with exporting to Britain, too much of a hassle. well, why would they want the hassle of keeping the pup until it's 9 months old, socialize it, show train it, feed it when it's not that hard to find a good home for a well bred whippet pup within the other 25 European countries.

I naively think it would be beneficial for the dog world of Britain to ''open its borders'' to pedigree dogs, but that ain't gonna happen...

The thought of this government getting involved is not a good idea. they're all charlatans anyway ( or a fair proportion of them). What happened to the Monster Raving Loony Party? Where are they when we need them :D

knowing what rules and laws have been passed before regarding dogs, it is a terrifying thought of them getting involved

are the goverment getting involved in dog breeding i dont see how they can as none of the know the first thing about dogs and dog breeding

are the goverment getting involved in dog breeding i dont see how they can as none of the know the first thing about dogs and dog breeding
well, they don't have an idea what life is like for the avarage person in Britain, that hasn't stopped them :-

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back