The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Yearly "Flea and Tick" injection.

excuseme

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have just received a notification from our vet practice.
It mentions a new yearly injection against fleas and ticks.
I do not use monthly chemicals on our dogs but will sometimes use one off treatments prescribed by the vet to sort out persistent outbreaks.
I just wonder if anyone has used the yearly injection treatment (I have not yet discovered which product it is) but will ask more on Tuesday as we have an appointment with our old lady "Hazel" who has a possible canine tooth problem!
Has anyone used this treatment and how effective have you found it to be ?
Chemicals, "ARRRGH" !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I've not heard of this, but I think my questions would be around how strong it is at the start of the year, and how weak it is at the end. I don't understand how things like this work so it may be nothing to be concerned about, but that's the way my mind works.

I will definitely ask questions on Tuesday about the product and your comment about it's strength at beginning and end of the years treatment too.
I also wonder about side affects. I worry that this is an injection to last a whole year, unlike a pill to pop or a short term spray or a monthly spot on ( which don't have to be continued for any length of time! )

I'd want to know if a parasite actually has to bite the dog to be affected by the drug.

I worry that this is an injection to last a whole year, unlike a pill to pop or a short term spray or a monthly spot on
Great point. To be clear for anyone reading in future, what if your dog has a bad reaction, is there an antidote type of thing?

Oh excellent Hemlock, I will ask the vet that one. Thank you.

I will have to write myself a list for my vet.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back