The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Yorky Bitch

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
IN NEED OF A BIT OF DIFFERENT DOGGY ADVICE, A GIRL FRIEND OF MINE HAS 2 YORKSHIRE TERRIERS, DOG AND BITCH. THE WEE BITCH HAS BROKE DOWN IN HER FIRST SEASON AT ALMOST 9 MONTHS OLD, OBVIOUSLY SHE IS A BIT YOUNG TO HAVE A LITTER. WHAT WOULD BE A SAFE AGE FOR MY FRIEND TO BREED FROM HER ? CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH INFO ?

:thumbsup: JOHN

Last edited by a moderator:
hi well i think it all the same no matter what breed

ifshe was mine would`nt think about it till she 2 years old

Cripes John .............................didnt have you down as the sort of chap who would have a girlfriend who had such a pooch ...............................lol I bet you look divine walkin them down the road with their matching fringe bows lol

( waiting here for a barrage of comments from resolute Yorky owners lol) :- " :- " :- "

tinabow said:
hi well i think it all the same no matter what breedifshe was mine would`nt  think about it  till she 2 years old

THANKS TINA ! ALWAYS RELY ON OUR TINA FOR A DIRECT ANSWER ! I WILL FORWARD ON YOUR ADVICE ! JOB DONE.. !

THANKS AGAIN TINA :thumbsup:

peony said:
Cripes John .............................didnt have you down as the sort of chap who would have a girlfriend who had such a pooch ...............................lol I bet you look divine walkin them down the road with their matching fringe bows lol ( waiting here for a barrage of comments from resolute Yorky owners lol) :- "  :- "  :- "

HAHAHA VERY CLEVER CAROLINE..MATCHING BOWS INDEED...HOWS ABOUT THE DOGS TOO? :eek: I THINK ID LOOK QUITE FETCHING WITH HIS AND HERS SYMMETRICAL YORKYS !! o:) BY THE WAY..GIRL FRIEND, NOT GIRLFRIEND :- "

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol ................just had one of them heart sinking moments John, his n hers kagoules and the like ...................just one question tho ......................would the bows match your wee eyes??????? ;) ;) ;)

PS Are Yorkies not meant to be for girls????

peony said:
Lol ................just had one of them heart sinking moments John, his n hers kagoules and the like ...................just one question tho ......................would the bows match your wee eyes??????? ;)   ;)   ;)

HAHAH MY WEE GWEENY BWOWN EYES !! :blink:

NO DEFO NOT !! AND I QUOTE IN A BELFAST -COCKNEY ACCENT...."YORKY, ITS NOT FOR GIRLS!!"

stormydog said:
peony said:
Lol ................just had one of them heart sinking moments John, his n hers kagoules and the like ...................just one question tho ......................would the bows match your wee eyes??????? ;)   ;)   ;)

NO DEFO NOT !! AND I QUOTE IN A BELFAST -COCKNEY ACCENT...."YORKY, ITS NOT FOR GIRLS!!"

HAVE STORM AND COLT GOT MATCHING BOWS TOO, WITH PINK LEADS :- " :- "

Toy breeders normally breed from their dogs young John. Some of the breeds like Pekes have to be bred from before their first season. I haven't a clue why. Don't know if this applies to Yorkies.

Ah that was so much help wasn't it. :(

dolly said:
stormydog said:
peony said:

OH NOOOO PLEASE HELEN DONT ! SUCH AN IMAGE COMES TO MIND ! :b

stormydog said:
dolly said:
stormydog said:
peony said:

Come on girls I think we can do better than that. Diamonte studdes collars with leads to match...however the leads must be pink! And no bows for the dogs...John should wear the bows...lol :p

Lynn-Alexandria said:
stormydog said:
dolly said:
stormydog said:
peony said:

Come on girls I think we can do better than that. Diamonte studdes collars with leads to match...however the leads must be pink! And no bows for the dogs...John should wear the bows...lol :p

AWWW THATS UNFAIR i wanna wear the studded collar.... ;)

stormydog said:
Lynn-Alexandria said:
stormydog said:
dolly said:
stormydog said:
peony said:

AWWW THATS UNFAIR i wanna wear the studded collar.... ;)

LOL!!! Well John if you insist...mind you it might take the attention off the dogs...or is that what you are aiming for?

stormydog said:
IN NEED OF A BIT OF DIFFERENT DOGGY ADVICE, A GIRL FRIEND OF MINE HAS 2 YORKSHIRE TERRIERS, DOG AND BITCH. THE WEE BITCH HAS BROKE DOWN IN HER FIRST SEASON AT ALMOST 9 MONTHS OLD, OBVIOUSLY SHE IS A BIT YOUNG TO HAVE A LITTER. WHAT WOULD BE A SAFE AGE FOR MY FRIEND TO BREED FROM HER ?  CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH  INFO ?
                  :thumbsup:   JOHN

What do you mean by she has broke down?????

Kim and Tilly said:
stormydog said:
IN NEED OF A BIT OF DIFFERENT DOGGY ADVICE, A GIRL FRIEND OF MINE HAS 2 YORKSHIRE TERRIERS, DOG AND BITCH. THE WEE BITCH HAS BROKE DOWN IN HER FIRST SEASON AT ALMOST 9 MONTHS OLD, OBVIOUSLY SHE IS A BIT YOUNG TO HAVE A LITTER. WHAT WOULD BE A SAFE AGE FOR MY FRIEND TO BREED FROM HER ?  CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH  INFO ?
                   :thumbsup:    JOHN

What do you mean by she has broke down?????

THATS A TERM OVER HERE FOR WHEN A BITCH COMES INTO SEASON. SORRY FOR MY "ULSTERISM" :oops:

Well i think a yorkie at either side would really suit you John especially if u wore a bow to match theirs (w00t)

BeeJay said:
Toy breeders normally breed from their dogs young John.  Some of the breeds like Pekes have to be bred from before their first season.  I haven't a clue why.  Don't know if this applies to Yorkies.
Ah that was so much help wasn't it.  :(

beejay,pray tell,how do you breed from ANY dog before its first season!? :blink: :lol:

BeeJay said:
Toy breeders normally breed from their dogs young John. Some of the breeds like Pekes have to be bred from before their first season. I haven't a clue why. Don't know if this applies to Yorkies.

Ah that was so much help wasn't it. :(

Sorry, bit confused here :eek:

How on earth can a bitch be bred BEFORE her first season???????

When a bitch is IN season there are certain days that she is more susceptible to receiving e a male BUT IF she has NEVER even had a FIRST season how can she possibly be mated?

I have a toy breed & there is NO WAY i would think of mating before at least 18 months to 2 years.

Pekes i know are bred younger because of their anatomy & breeders feel because of the size of the heads it is better to breed young before the pelvic bones have set to produce an easier whelping. I still don't agree with a bitch being mated on her first season as she is only still a pup herself for gods sake! :angry:

Yorkies are constructionally sound & mainly trouble free whelpers the same should apply 18 monhs to 2 years at the very youngest.

I have NEVER in my life heard of ANY bitch being mated before a first season (w00t)

:oops: We must have posted at the same time Kris!!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back