The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Yorky Bitch

:oops: Gawd can't a person make a mistake on here these days without people jumping down her throat. :- " That is such a good example of why people aren't posting on this board these days. :(

No I meant before they are 2. My friends peke was never bred from as her 2nd season came a few months after she was two.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake Kris in a polite and friendly manner. :thumbsup:

BeeJay said:
:oops: Gawd can't a person make a mistake on here these days without people jumping down her throat. :- " That is such a good example of why people aren't posting on this board these days. :(

No I meant before they are 2. My friends peke was never bred from as her 2nd season came a few months after she was two.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake Kris in a polite and friendly manner. :thumbsup:

Before 2 years old............................

Before a first season.........................

I wasn't jumping down your throat, just found it mind boggling & thought there may be an explanation :D

Maybe another example of why people aren't posting if people take things the wrong way if one does not agree with their post :- "

No slight on anyone was meant here JUST concern that obviously the WRONG information was being given whether inadvertently or not. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well then wouldn't it have been a much better approach simply to ask if I'd made a mistake in what I said? It's easy to tell that Kris knew that I'd screwed up my answer by the use of smilies.

Just a thought. ;)

BeeJay said:
Well then wouldn't it have been a much better approach simply to ask if I'd made a mistake in what I said? It's easy to tell that Kris knew that I'd screwed up my answer by the use of smilies.

Just a thought. ;)

Unfortunately i cant help it if YOU take MY approach the wrong way. BUT to state some mate a bitch BEFORE her first season was somewhat mind boggling & obviously i did not know this was a mistake on your part at the time!

To be honest my main concern is that novices asking for advice are NOT given the wrong information. The dogs are my main concern.

For those who wish to take humbridge, i'm sure they will get over it, if my advice actually HELPS anyone in anyway, i'm glad, i would never proclaim to be an expert but if in 25 years of breeding i can help anyone i am glad to.

nina said:
Unfortunately i cant help it if YOU take MY approach the wrong way. BUT to state some mate a bitch BEFORE her first season was somewhat mind boggling & obviously i did not know this was a mistake on your part at the time!
To be honest my main concern is that novices asking for advice are NOT given the wrong information. The dogs are my main concern.

For those who wish to take humbridge, i'm sure they will get over it, if my advice actually HELPS anyone in anyway, i'm glad, i would never proclaim to be an expert but if in 25 years of breeding i can help anyone i am glad to.

Good heavens nina, are you working your way through every thread in a gallant attempt to upset everyone?!

You'd better watch out ... I might take 'humbridge' too ... :teehee:

Even if someone took the advice to breed their bitch before it's first season they'd have a job on doing it (w00t) :lol:

I also believe that it is a good idea to breed from bitch BEFORE her pelvic bones set, regardless of breed. I therefore aim to have a litter from them at about 2 years of age - that is talking about Whippets and Danes. And I would prefer to mate them for the first time sometime between 18 months and 2 years rather than after 3.

Small breeds such as Yorkies are fully grown by 6 months (maybe even bit earlier) and i think it would be perfectly fine to breed from the second season.

In the long run, for wellbeing of the bitch, more important question is how many litters they plan to have from her during her lifetime, and if they will allow at least 18 months between them.

ILoveKettleChips said:
nina said:

Good heavens nina, are you working your way through every thread in a gallant attempt to upset everyone?!

You'd better watch out ... I might take 'humbridge' too ... :teehee:

What you hadnt already (w00t)

There's a surprise, just doing a really good impersonation eh :thumbsup:

I'm sure you will agree to differ with me on this too BUT i dont take offence, each to their own befeifs. :thumbsup:

You know what they say " You cant please All of the people ALL of the time"

nina said:
I I still don't agree with a bitch being mated on her first season as she is only still a pup herself for gods sake!  :angry:

It really depends on how young bitch is at the time of her first season. I know whippets that came at 6 months and again every 6 months after that. For such a bitch the "second season" rule would be inappropriate. But so it would be for a bitch that comes in for the first time at over 2 years.

Seraphina said:
nina said:
I I still don't agree with a bitch being mated on her first season as she is only still a pup herself for gods sake!  :angry:

It really depends on how young bitch is at the time of her first season. I know whippets that came at 6 months and again every 6 months after that. For such a bitch the "second season" rule would be inappropriate. But so it would be for a bitch that comes in for the first time at over 2 years.

In my post i said i would not personally mate a bitch untill 18 months to 2 years old meaning regardless of the breed or whether this was a FIRST or SECOND season.

These are just MY personal MORALS & OPINION.

As i say "each to their own"

nina said:
Seraphina said:
nina said:
[ It really depends on how young bitch is at the time of her first season. I know whippets that came at 6 months and again every 6 months after that. For such a bitch the "second season" rule would be inappropriate. But so it would be for a bitch that comes in for the first time at over 2 years.QUOTE]
In my post i said i would not personally mate a bitch untill 18 months to 2 years old meaning regardless of the breed or whether this was a FIRST or SECOND season.

These are just MY personal MORALS & OPINION.

As i say "each to their own"

And I do TOTALLY respect your personal MORALS & OPINION, I am just pointing out there is a huge difference in maturity between breeds. And the original post was about an early maturing breed, about a particular bitch which came into her 1st season at nine months, so her second one is likely going to be close to her 18 months.

So I am not even disagreeing on this with you. :)

I am just pointing out there is a huge difference in maturity between breeds.  And the original post was about an early maturing breed, about a particular bitch which came into her 1st season at nine months, so her second one is likely going to be close to her 18 months.  So I am not even disagreeing on this with you.  :) [/color]

Yes, i totally agree, there is a huge difference in maturity between breeds, you are quite right. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back