The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Young Ridgeback in the forest

Ari_RR

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It's good to be able to take Baby Miles out for an off-leash run in the forest, watch him having fun, take pictures, and forget the troubles of the world for a little while :)
1 year 9 months old. The boy is growing up.
B2.jpg

B3.jpg

B4.jpg

B5.jpg

B6.jpg

B7.jpg

B8.jpg

B9.jpg

B10.jpg

B11.jpg

B12.jpg

B13.jpg

B14.jpg

It’s why we have dogs, to see them run, leap, investigate, great pics as always.

He is so loving the life and it shouts out from every single photo of yours. I envy that you are able to let him loose in the forest. If I were to do that, I would not see my girl(s) for hours..and that's being hopeful. Does he chase any forest creatures at all?

He is so loving the life and it shouts out from every single photo of yours. I envy that you are able to let him loose in the forest. If I were to do that, I would not see my girl(s) for hours..and that's being hopeful. Does he chase any forest creatures at all?
He chases all kinds of forest creatures! :D His interest in chipmunks is less than it used to be, but squirrels and up in size - yes! Never catches anything, not even once. Deer is the best to chase. In the woods deer have advantage running through the bushes, and he gives up quickly, 5-10 min max... Always comes back from unsuccessful deer chases very happy and tired, and often with scratches and cuts. As someone once said "Look at this Ridgeback - not a mark on him. The saddest thing".
But because he does chase - he always wears his high visibility harness. For us to be able to see him in a distance, and for others not to mistake him for a wild animal.

You can see the developing power in him. He is gorgeous!

When my dogs hunt the collar comes off and no harness as less chance of injury , but dogs at speed in woods is a worry that we live with.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back