The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Your Cruft Winner

WHAT WOULD YOU PLACED BEST IN SHOW?

• 1.UTILITY GROUP WINNER.....TIBETAN TERRIER

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2.TERRIER GROUP WINNER.....FOX TERRIER(WIRE)

• 3.GUNDOGS GROUP WINNER...FLAT COAT RETRIEVER

• 4.WORKING GROUP WINNER....ALASKAN MALAMUTE

• 5.PASTORAL GRUOP WINNER....BEARDED COLLIE

• 6.HOUND GROUP WINNER.........BLOODHOUND

• 7.TOY GROUP WINNER..............MALTESE

• Total voters

whippetmad

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Though it would be intresting to see what you would of placed BEST IN SHOW and why

daledogs said:
Though it would be intresting to see what you would of placed BEST IN SHOW and why
I voted fab willy because of his proformance on the night he looked the ultimate show dog he didnt put a foot wrong his condition his movement his aura in the ring. I would have found it hard though as i have watched travella all year and she has also put on a fab show everytime but on the night i dont think she lived up to her potential. so do you pick a dog thats had a great year who you have admired or the dog that proformed on the night?. how do you choose? The maltese what a stunner that silky coat and such a attitude that says look at me! all of them were fantastic examples of their breed. in thier owners hearts they were all BEST IN SHOW. Im glad i didnt have to judge.

Absoloutley adore the Flat Coat as he is just my type! BUT I do think that Fabulous Willy deserved his win and he really showed his little cotton socks off!!!! Really liked the Maltese too which is very surprising for me as I don't usualy like "Fluffies" but it too showed itself to perfection. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

To answer your question Foxway about picking a dog that has done great all year or just on the day....the latter would have to be my answer, as the dog must be judged on it's performance that day in the ring and nothing else......it should'nt matter how many CC's it has before it's name if it does'nt show itself well on the day and another dog does but maybe isn't as well known or has no CC's then it should win,the dog should be judged on it's own merit on that particular day......well this is in my opinion for what it is worth anyway. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
:- " I would have the Maltese as BIS with the Tibby reserve.

Or on a different day swap them round :lol: - very hard to choose but a clear choice!!!

I thought the judge was 'trying' very hard to place the fox terrier as if she had already decided before she saw it; I don't think it showed very well and she kept giving it extra attention. I'm glad it didn't win BIS or I would have been highly suspicious!! On sheer show-quality I don't think the fox should have beaten the maltese for the reserve spot.. oh well.

The others were okay - I liked the bloodhound and the beardie too.

But it is so subjective isn't it!!!

Personally I would like to have seen the Sloughi or the Pharoah win right through from the hound group - they were mesmerising and just gorgeous !!!!!!!

zilloot said:
:- " I would have the Maltese as BIS with the Tibby reserve.

Or on a different day swap them round :lol: - very hard to choose but a clear choice

I had to vote for the MALTESE, not a breed i would want but that

was a cracking little dog :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted TT - thought he stood out from the crowd and had that X-factor for me :thumbsup:

loved the Maltese too - thought maybe it should have been second - but did like the fox terrier too. :)

Being Norwegian, I could not not vote for the retriever, now could I? :- "

I watched the group judging on terrier/hound day Saturday and BIS on Sunday, and although I'm not a fan of dogs with loads of hair :wacko: the TT showed its socks off and really deserved to win

The terrier was a very 'showy' dog and totally looked the part, but was definately lacking the star quality of the winner

The Pharoah from the hound group was stunning, a better choice for me than the bloodhound, although it did show well on the day.

Personally, I'd of picked the whippet :thumbsup: :- " :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back