The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Your Dogs Age?

~whitecross whippets~

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
apparently the new working out is this...

dog aged 1 = 15 human years

dog aged 2 = 25 human years

dog aged 3 = 28 human years

dog aged 4 = 31 human years...and so in 1 dog year = 3yr more human years

although i think the first few years are more accurate than the old 1 year for every 7 im not sure it makes much sense in later years...surely it depends on the breed and how long it lives?

what do you think?

anyway thats what the "experts" say! (w00t)

I agree, doesn't make much sense in the later years. That would mean a 14 year old dog is the equivalent to a 61 yo human and i don't think that's right! The last one i heard was 15 yrs for first year, then 5 for every year after that. These 'experts' keep changing their minds!! :lol:

what about the large breeds that are old at 6 and 7 and the small breeds that regularly live into double figures?either way no dog lives long enough in my opinion :(

I think that the 1 Year = 15 Years is spot on. Anyone at the Whippet Club this weekend will have seen my alleged teenager throwing a "this is soooo boring" mood at me. Still the judge must have kids of her own as she gave him 1st place in Puppy Dog :wub:

You have to love them no matter what the age, but it never ceases to amaze me that I would never, ever have had two teenage children but am totally bessotted with the 12 month (in 2 days) and 14 month old who are supposedly 15 :- "

Well said Kris, no dog ever lives long enough in my opinion either.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back