The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Yulin dog festival..

martin444

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi ,, Sadly, I have just learnt of what happens in China for ten days, every June. I am not able to post links, so please google" Yulin dog festival" to see the countless images and videos of dogs being tortured before being boiled alive in specially made giant woks.. Apparently, they "taste better, andhave more healing power " when tortured.. This disturbing, disgusting practice needs to be stopped.

I will not be watching it,, we know how the Chinese are, I just wish I could boil the whole Chinese population and say how’s the temperature.

I will not be watching it,, we know how the Chinese are, I just wish I could boil the whole Chinese population and say how’s the temperature.
I cant blame you not watching what goes on, it is very,very sickening and traumatic to see, and hear the pitiful cries of the dogs being tortured with blowlamps and boiling water..whilst the Chinese laugh aloud... Also, Im afraid the UK and Ireland sell ex race greyhounds to the Chinese for meat.. Its all online, and has been in the press. Is this 1620 or 2020! Even the covid19 did not deter a huge crowd from getting their kicks. I expect they'll be sending us a canine based virus next.. Thankyou China!

Last edited:
I cant blame you not watching what goes on, it is very,very sickening and traumatic to see, and hear the pitiful cries of the dogs being tortured with blowlamps and boiling water..whilst the Chinese laugh aloud... Also, Im afraid the UK and Ireland sell ex race greyhounds to the Chinese for meat.. Its all online, and has been in the press. Is this 1620 or 2020! Even the covid19 did not deter a huge crowd from getting their kicks. I expect they'll be sending us a canine based virus next.. Thankyou China!
But, if folks spread this around, make people aware of exactly what is happening, then pressure can be put on the Chinese authorities to clamp down on this appauling practice. So please pass links around.

People have been aware of this for many years ...things are changing slowly. ..Kerry Ellingham (Birmingham greyhound rescue ) persuaded the daily mirror (i think ) to accompany her to china to witness the dog slaughterhouses where many greyhounds and whippets among all other breeds are tortured and boiled alive ....the last greyhound racetrack was closed and with publicity All of the greyhounds left alive something that had never happened before ...as people didnt know what was going on ....they were taken by different rescues all over the world ..several rescues here took so many ....celia cross , greyhound gap to name just two ....some were emaciated. .none had ever laid on soft bedding :mad::(:(.....candy cane rescue has been set up in china to get whippets and grehounds out of china ...out of the coronavirus came the pledge that china would stop the dogmeat trade as dogs are no longer looked at as live stock ..but the Yulin festival went ahead this year even though it wasnt supposed to ....so Things are being done people know what is happening and it is albeit slowly ......

People have been aware of this for many years ...things are changing slowly. ..Kerry Ellingham (Birmingham greyhound rescue ) persuaded the daily mirror (i think ) to accompany her to china to witness the dog slaughterhouses where many greyhounds and whippets among all other breeds are tortured and boiled alive ....the last greyhound racetrack was closed and with publicity All of the greyhounds left alive something that had never happened before ...as people didnt know what was going on ....they were taken by different rescues all over the world ..several rescues here took so many ....celia cross , greyhound gap to name just two ....some were emaciated. .none had ever laid on soft bedding :mad::(:(.....candy cane rescue has been set up in china to get whippets and grehounds out of china ...out of the coronavirus came the pledge that china would stop the dogmeat trade as dogs are no longer looked at as live stock ..but the Yulin festival went ahead this year even though it wasnt supposed to ....so Things are being done people know what is happening and it is albeit slowly ......
Not enough people know,, I didn't, non of my friends did.... Yes, we knew they ate them,,,, but we didn't know of the savage barbarity and torture that went with it. I just stumbled upon it on the net a few days ago.. Everyone needs to know... I made a large donation to the international humane society, who seem to be doing most to rescue dogs there. Thanks for your input.. Martin

Yes dogs aren't the only ones ..Ireland are now sending donkeys to china that are skinned Alive :(:(:(:(
These are people that torture and kill their own including babies .....
The Chinese dying rooms ...baby girls force fed rice so that their stomachs burst and died a long suffering death

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back