The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Zorro Zorro Zorro

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
OK, Spry connections listen up. The gauntlet is about to be thrown down. Ignore it at your peril. Refuse the challenge and be forever condemned to the bin labelled, ALL TALK BUT NO ACTION!! This is the deal:

We challenge you to a series of races(suggest three) Spry-v- Bramble(or the much slower ZORRO) to take place on my private track in north Suffolk(you know where I am) Make a weekend of it. There are 4 caravan sites within half a mile of me. One is a Caravan Club site less than 100 yards from me. Bring your caravan for the weekend. Lunch and dine etc with us for the weekend, we would be delighted. Turn this down if you can. Anytime this Spring, Summer or Autumn entirely up to yourselves. OVER TO YOU!!

The perfect host

LAMPINGMAN :cheers: :thumbsup:

That seems like a challenge we can't refuse Chris, and it would be better for us to make a weekend of it so we have more time to wallow in our glory, whilst gently dabbing salt into your wounds, it will be nice to meet up with you and I just hope you won't hold it against us after we've gone :- " :- "

No problem. I'll invite Corky as well. It would be nice to warm up with some slower dogs to begin with :D before moving on to the main event. Let me know when you've made the booking. I've got 180 metres of soft peat. we run in pairs. From slips or hand slipped. Can't wait!! :thumbsup:

Ahh make it Autum and i'll bring my 2 youngsters :thumbsup: .......

They maybe slow, but by god they are handsome :D

:cheers: Hannah xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell you what, I'll bring the entertainment in the form of my dogs!! :- " :clown: They've never done anything like this in their lives, but as it's just "up the road" from me I can't let such an opportunity go by!! (w00t) :teehee:

Strike Whippets said:
Ahh make it Autum and i'll bring my 2 youngsters  :thumbsup: .......

They maybe slow, but by god they are handsome  :D

:cheers:   Hannah xxxx

oliverpliers said:
Tell you what, I'll bring the entertainment in the form of my dogs!! :- "  :clown: They've never done anything like this in their lives, but as it's just "up the road" from me I can't let such an opportunity go by!! (w00t)   :teehee:

Yes ladies no problem. The more the merrier.

Hilary. Why don't you bring your GHs to Henham next Saturday We'll be having a lurcher(type)stake. Should be fun!!

Chris

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations Zorro[/SIZE] :cheers:

Well done with your dogs Lampy :thumbsup: Hope the others are okay :)

Looks like you got a little gathering coming together :)) wouldnt mind comin to your neck of the woods either :b :cheers:

Umm Lampy as ever is being a total Gentleman and offering to run the race on his own turf with home advantage :- " .

We were thinking more of a day of Sport Lampy, say over the distances of 50yds (scr), 150yds at 1/2 yd/lb ( both from traps ) then we'd run a lure course from slips of say 600yds and get a liscenced judge in to judge it (in the interest of fair play)

then the result could be best of 3. :thumbsup:

of course Mr Cork would be invited on the support card as would anyone else but the MAIN EVENT would be Caleena Hope against the 1 and only Bramble in 2 dog races so that their was no bumping from other competitors ect.

Would Corkys Car make it this far i'm sure we could always club together for AA breakdown cover. :- "

would you need directions North of Watford :p

Obviously as host we would arrange for food ect for everyone attending.

Should I book you on to the campsite then ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Roberts said:
Umm Lampy as ever is being a total Gentleman and offering to run the race on his own turf with home advantage  :- " .
We were thinking more of a day of Sport Lampy, say over the distances of 50yds (scr), 150yds at 1/2 yd/lb  ( both from traps ) then we'd run a lure course from slips of say 600yds and get a liscenced judge in to judge it (in the interest of fair play)

then the result could be best of 3.  :thumbsup:

of course Mr Cork would be invited on the support card as would anyone else but the MAIN EVENT would be Caleena Hope against the 1 and only Bramble in 2 dog races so that their was no bumping from other competitors ect.

Would Corkys Car make it this far i'm sure we could always club together for AA breakdown cover.  :- "

would you need directions North of Watford  :p

Obviously as host we would arrange for food ect for everyone attending.

Should I book you on to the campsite then  ;)

Sounds a bit complicated to me Mark all this scratch and half a yard a pound business. Would prefer it as stated pure and simple(bit like me really).Size is everything I know :huggles: and with Zorro at 19 3/4 and 23lb and Bramble at 19 3/4 and 26lb they would frighten most of the dogs up your way, so, better stay in Suffolk.

Anyway I sold the campervan last year :D

Just off to mow the track now and sort out a few moles. We must be in tip top condition for when Smiffy arrives :wacko: .

Can she cook? (w00t)

Bring it on

LAMPINGMAN :thumbsup: :cheers:

Anyway I sold the campervan last year
You could always borrow Lesleys Caravan :- "

Can she cook
the only thing Lesley cooks up is a storm.

I fully understand that you don't want to waste your money coming all this way to be beaten by spry when you can stay near home and get beat :- "

OK to be serious fore a minute :eek: by the sounds of it your 2 pups are going the right way and Spry is definatly going the right way so it should be a realy good match between them all.

Good luck to who ever wins on the day. :thumbsup:

lamping man said:
Hilary. Why don't you bring your GHs to Henham next Saturday We'll be having a lurcher(type)stake. Should be fun!!
Chris

Have looked up Henham on the map :b and arranged whippet sitting with my parents so you're on!! :cheers: Shall email you for details. :thumbsup:

I feel an inter-club coming on a weekend of straight racing (Saturday) & lure Coursing. (Sunday)

Come On Lampy how do you fancy organising 1.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back