The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Zulu's Black Litter

native

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I was hoping for a bit of variety in colour this time, but it was not ment to be.

Born yesterday evening, a large litter in weight, not size, 2 Females @ 12oz, & 1 Male @ 14oz, 3 black puppies, mother & family doing well.

Sire: A/Ch Taejaan Strike me Handsm (Jasper) Blue fawn brindle/White

Dam: RUSBIS A/Ch Swifthund I'll Be Black (Zulu) Black/White trim

Zulu's first litter to A/Ch Swifthund Pistols at Dawn produced 5 black & 1 brindle puppy, a line bred litter nothing to do with colour preferences.

It is interesting to note that Zulu's dam(black/white trim) was from a White dog with Black spots & a fawn bitch.

Anne

Sth Australia

oooo congratulations :cheers: i soo lurve black puppies :wub: who'd want any other colour? :thumbsup:

can't wait to see the pics

good luck with them :luck: :luck: :luck:

Congratulations Zulu! Three little black darlings :D

Perhaps it's just the law of averages working in the blacks' favour - Maybe if she had had more puppies you may have got more variation in colour ?

Do they not even have any white trims? That is interesting. Malin and Judy are the k9 colour genetics experts (that I'm aware of) perhaps they can tell us why all three were black.

Looking forward to the pics

aslan said:
Congratulations Zulu!  Three little black darlings :D
Perhaps it's just the law of averages working in the blacks' favour - Maybe if she had had more puppies you may have got more variation in colour ? 

Do they not even have any white trims?  That is interesting.  Malin and Judy are the k9 colour genetics experts (that I'm aware of) perhaps they can tell us why all three were black. 

Looking forward to the pics

Lana i have tried to post a pic, having trouble with down size, I have sent you a couple of pics, can you please help with posting pic?

Anne

Ooooooh! Black puppies. Still my mission to breed a litter with black puppies in it, only got brindle girls now and failed miserably using one black dog so got to find another one I like now!

native said:
Lana i have tried to post a pic, having trouble with down size, I have sent you a couple of pics, can you please help with posting pic?Anne

Sure! Here you go!

Congratulations! Lovely shiny pups. They are all black just because of the luck of draw, Zulu does have the brindle gene, but none of the pups got it from her. they all ended up with her black gene. Unless some are just very dark brindle and will lighten up in the next few days or weeks - like some of the pups we saw here short while ago. :)

aslan said:
native said:
Lana i have tried to post a pic, having trouble with down size, I have sent you a couple of pics, can you please help with posting pic?Anne

Sure! Here you go!

MANY CONGRATULATIONS :cheers: ....... How sweet are they?? I love the little Black with trim. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
yum yum yum :wub:

:wub: :wub: There adorable..love the one with the white collar :wub: :wub:

:wub: :wub: :wub: Now that is just the perfect litter .....Beautiful Blacks ......Gorgeous ........

shiny little black buttons, how sweet! :huggles: :cheers:

They are beautiful babies and a lovely Mummy too. :wub:

Lovely to see the blacks, and nice to see how people want them, we adore our Rosie and I just love to see her shine. Lovely pups :- "

K xx

shallrun said:
Well done Zulu, 3 loveley black babies :cheers:

:cheers: Welcome to K9 Shallrun,

thanks for yours & all the nice comments on my litter, will post another pic when their eyes are open.

Anne

Birrarun Kennels, Sth. Aust.

Welcome to k9 Sharon. :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back