The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

1st Australian National Specialty

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
emw said:
Chakrata - who's that gorgeous dog in your avatar?? :)   And have you got a bigger piccie? :)   And welcome to k9! :D
Hi emw.... Cartman is right... yje picture is of Ch Skyeway in Hollywood.... aka LiZa with a Z

Will attempt to attach a pic

Thanks for the welcome.... some faxcinating reading here

Lisa1t.jpg

She's lovely - have admired her pic for quite a while.

We DO SO love our medal On the Rocks, whoever designed or chose that design has great taste. Will attempt to get a close up of it soon, so everyone can have a gawk at it.

Vanna said:
Gajo, was it you who spread the flu then?  I was blaming Malin!! (Sorry Malin!)
I think of myself as the first victim... :'( Yes and I did indeed feel extremly sorry for myself o:) (and everyone else who caught that *horrid* thing!!!) Didn't see much of Melbourne because of it :rant: Will try and console myself with a trip to the barrier reef 8)

Loved meeting everyone!!!!!

It appears that most of us who attended the National came down with the dreaded bug. I have since 'spread' it to friends who came in contact with me and the bug is now on it's way to Launceston Royal! Needless to say I'm not the most popular person at the moment.

I wish I could recuperate with a trip to the Barrier Reef but it's back to work for me after a hectic 3 weeks of dog shows. :( Thre's always vet bills to pay.

Coughing and spluttering

TC

Ridgesetter said:
It appears that most of us who attended the National came down with the dreaded bug.  I have since 'spread' it to friends who came in contact with me and the bug is now on it's way to Launceston Royal!  Needless to say I'm not the most popular person at the moment. 
I wish I could recuperate with a trip to the Barrier Reef but it's back to work for me after a hectic 3 weeks of dog shows.  :(   Thre's always vet bills to pay. 

Coughing and spluttering

TC
Oh dear TC.... I have a cure.... shop til you drop at that street in Melbourne.... I didn't catch whatever it is that has got you..... but then again... I did more shopping..... ;)

Hope you recover soon

View attachment 5734

Hi All,

Hope everyone is back to some normality. I think I caught both Malin's flu from overseas, just before catching the Sydney strain. What an exhausting time.

I have just returned after seeing Malin again as both of us were staying with the Beasleighs (Bellendene) in Sydney for the Specialty. Many thanks to our gracious hosts.

Malin flew out for Cairns Monday after a wonderful day driving along the north Sydney coast and is now off to the reef; we hope she also enjoys her visit there, even without any whippets. Update us please.

Lana; loved our phone sessions today.. The medallions were John Thompson's idea, designed by Narelle Robinson and done by Rob Russell, the official photographer at the National. The committee all loved these and although expensive, were a unanimous choice; and how about your medallion/Royal win pic… who’s a proud mumma?? Glad you got a shinny souvenir, although I had a few spares incase you missed out. Oh, got a fab “doggie” ‘thanks’ card from Phoebe Booth today. She’s just had a wonderful coloured litter so I’ll scan & send you the info.

BTW - Our ‘glamour’ shopping strip is called Chapel Street and it’s world famous for its phenomenal ability for magical transformations, but the more popular ‘locals’ fashion spot is Bridge Road in Richmond, were I sent the girls (Lana, Malin, Gillian) for a bit of a bargain. It too had miraculous therapeutic qualities, so if you ever feel sick, take spare credit cards and head for the hill; all ailments disappear with the thrill of all that money you’ve saved.

Don’t want to bore the list.. Shall be in touch individually. Take care.

ibiza said:
The medallions were John Thompson's idea, designed by Narelle Robinson and done by Rob Russell, the official photographer at the National.
Glad you got a shinny souvenir, although I had a few spares incase you missed out.
Well amongst all those "spares" you had Colin, you might have given me Beryl's for handling her to 6th place ! ;) ONLY JOKING. If I were you I wouldn't part with any of 'em - they are beautiful. Well done to all involved in their concept and production. And well done to you for nabbing such a bunch of 'em. :p

Thanks' doll,

I feel like I'm back in the club days of the late '80s with medallions galore..

If I gave you the one for 'Beryl' you could make a pair of earings! Would be a good look for McKay don't you think?

I do have to give one to Gian for 'Gabbo' so I'll be down to just 8.

Did I tell you 'Banjo' got BOB in his first show in Adelaide with Allen? I'm a very proud daddy. I'll call tomorrow.

No you didn't tell me Banjo's great news - excellent! ... and I think you should post his pic on here for all the coloured fans to see ....

Thanks Aslan,

I've just updated all the info on 'Banjo' at the Dogzonline site (link) -

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=6301

My website is not updated yet, but I will get recent pics there for all 9 placement winners from our National Show (including you with 'Beryl').

You can check in a week or so - www.blackwhippet.com

Take care.

IbizaSweetMrCerenadeBANJO.jpg

Congratulations to all the winners at the 1st Australian Whippet National.

I'd just like to add congrats to those responsible for the medallions from the National - great keepsake to have, especially for my puppy owner who let her baby come with me for 2 weeks and was over the moon with hers.

I had a great time in Melbourne, renewed some previous friendships & made great new friends. Whippets must be getting under my skin though as both in Melbourne and the past weekend in Sydney I gave up my Ridgebacks to other friends so I could go to the Whippet shows - the thin edge of the wedge is in :b

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to k9! Good to see more Aussies joining us.

Thanks for the welcome Lana, and hi to other Aussies on the list - most of you I know, if by reputation alone if nothing else (Cartman and Angus :p ).

Lisa

chakrata said:
Oh dear TC....  I have a cure.... shop til you drop at that street in Melbourne.... I didn't catch whatever it is that has got you..... but then again... I did more shopping..... ;) Hope you recover soon
My John knows well you did more shopping. His arms have only just recovered! What do you think about getting him a ride on with a trolley attached for next time? :D

With all the Whippeteers shopping in Bridge Road that day, we could have held a mini specialty. :)

ibiza said:
Hi All,I think I caught both Malin's flu from overseas, just before catching the Sydney strain.  What an exhausting time.

I did NOT bring with me any flu from overseas!!!! Apart from the jet lag I felt fine for the first few days. The stuff I caught was a local australian invention!! 100% Australian :rant:

ibiza said:
Hi All,the more popular ‘locals’ fashion spot is Bridge Road in Richmond, were I sent the girls (Lana, Malin, Gillian) for a bit of a bargain.
Ooooh ... the shopping in Singapore .... THAT could cure ANYTHING for sure :teehee: Singapore = shopping and I just :wub: this place!

Isilwane said:
Thanks for the welcome Lana, and hi to other Aussies on the list - most of you I know, if by reputation alone if nothing else (Cartman and Angus :p ).
Lisa
Reputation. :thumbsup: Yep, Angus & I are such nice fellows we have a "reputation". :)) wow.

Ridgesetter said:
chakrata said:
Oh dear TC....  I have a cure.... shop til you drop at that street in Melbourne....   I didn't catch whatever it is that has got you..... but then again... I did more shopping..... ;)

Hope you recover soon
My John knows well you did more shopping. His arms have only just recovered! What do you think about getting him a ride on with a trolley attached for next time? :D

With all the Whippeteers shopping in Bridge Road that day, we could have held a mini specialty. :)
I'm thinking TC.... we should start a new topic.... how about "shopping a la Whippiteers"? mmmmm have to say that Westpac were most concerned about the "unusual activity" on my Visa that day... they temporarily suspended my wonderful Gold Card until I contacted them with an explanation.... : :b mmmmm... guess they aren't a bad watchdog

BTW... how's the cake decorating??

Ridgesetter said:
"shopping a la Whippiteers"?    mmmmm have to say that Westpac were most concerned about the "unusual activity" on my Visa that day... they temporarily suspended my wonderful Gold Card until I contacted them with an explanation.... :  :b
:oops: LOL! :D

malin said:
Singapore = shopping and I just  :wub: this place!
Are you back there already? You didn't call to say you weren't coming back to my place, you didn't say Goodbye. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Aslan,

Here is a 'proof' pic (by Rob Russell) of Beryl's placement at the National, with a very focused handler..

For all the Aussies - don't forget to vote today!

BerylLanaNationalJuinorBitch6.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back