The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2008 Oz & Nz Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Congratulations to all the successful whippets in NZ & OZ last weekend, I am a bit behind in reading the results.

Lovely pics of Dino & Sage :cheers:

Well girls we both had to buy new suitcases to bring home our new goodies. We used the satnav to get us to all the TJMaxx stores in southern california which are a must if you ever get to the US.

In fact we spent about 5 hours in our first store on the day after we arrived. We had to leave our trolley inside whilst we had smoke breaks!! It was so funny. I brought a new pair of shoes which I intended to judge whippets in the next day. So I decided to wear them whilst we were shopping in the store to break them in. They are black pattened leather italian numbers, and so comfy. Anyway I didn't realise I had the security guy on my tail thinking I was going to do a runner in them!! So much fun!!!

I hope to do a report for Sue to to go into the Vic Whippet Rag. Anyway my BOB whippet was a red fawn white bitch Ch Summit Lucy In the Sky owned and bred by Sue Vernan. Her picture attached.

More later

Molly

bob_whippet_Spec2.jpg

OMG (w00t) I can just picture the girls from down under out loose in the shops (w00t) Expensive exercise freighting the goodies home???

The bitch you put up looks lovely :wub: Can't wait to see what piccy's you have instored for us, had a look at the link on another thread, good to see, but limited piccy's for the amount of dogs that must have been entered?

Had a lovely email from Michelle Peck (Myskyan) on her win at the Whippet and Greyhound Champ Show on Sunday. Judge was Mr S Cassingena (Vic). As Michelle is having trouble with her computer I said I'd post it for her.

[SIZE=14pt]Best In Show[/SIZE] was Michelle's dog [SIZE=14pt]Aust Ch Arjai Passion N Pain (Myah) [/SIZE]out of an entry of 49 whippets.

This was Michelle's first Best In Show win and she is over the moon, as she should be.

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations[/SIZE] :cheers:

Cristina

CONGRATULATIONS to the beautiful Myah :cheers:

Brilliant news Michelle, the 1st BIS is always extra special & congrat's to Myah's breeder Jo.... who is probably still busy unpacking those suitcases (w00t)

Yes well done to Michelle with such exciting news for her BIS with Myah. Congrats also to her breeder, and my co-pilot Jo the super LA freeway driver, with the award for the best shopping buddy ever.

We have many funny stories to share with everyone. I do have more pics which I will share with you all later.

I loved my Afghan Hound BOB and wanted to bring home a gorgeous Afghan puppy who after 20 years sparked a yearning to own one again. I did slap myself around a bit and came to my senses!!! lol

Molly

:cheers: Well done Michelle!! :cheers:

The first one is always the hardest and I'm sure there will be no stopping you now!

Hmmm, Mum and Dad are going to America in September so Dad can judge at 4 shows (unfortunately or maybe fortunately no whippets!!! (w00t) )and then go to the Dobermann National ... They're leaving me with their dogs for our specialties and royals ... not sure I like the idea of Dad trying to drive on the wrong side of the road ... maybe I should put the dogs in kennels and go with him!! I can also teach him how to shop!! He'd love it!!! (w00t)

I think I may have got the short end of the stick :angry:

well I can see that molly has posted our trip which involved shopping shopping and shopping.. I am convinced we could break all world records for the greatest shoppers ever... bugger the sight seeing..

Did have a great time... and watching the dogs over there was very interesting.. one thing I did note.. .was as far as profesional handlers go.. I reckon they need to take a trip down under.. we run rings around them.. specially showing whippets...

had to get that one in... Molly did a great job judging both the whippets and the afghans, it was delightful sitting and watching... and agreeing with most decisions.

I have some good news with my dogs here.. whilst I was away my daughter showed.. Aust Ch: Arjai Almost Criminal and she got runner up in show at the hound club of WA.. and yesterday she got Junior in Show... so very happy at present... she is going great.

Just should have bought a camera whilst away and then I maybe able to post some good pictures.

I have to say... I am very pleased that Michelle Peck had a delightful day at the whippet show in SA on the weekend and congrats on Myah's best in show.. she was one happy camper.

congrats to all other winners over the past few weeks... there are a lot of nice whippies.. doing great stuff in all states at present.

cheers jo. :cheers: :cheers:

Well Done Myah and Michelle :cheers: and Ash :cheers: , Nice to hear you had a great trip and you both enjoyed yourselves, look forward to some pic's. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say one of my extravagances whilst at the dog shows, was a nice new jewelled collar for Bronte. These collars are just to die for.

The website is www.peopleonhorses.com

The collar I bought is black leather encrusted with cubic zirconia's in pink and clear stones. The collars are guaranteed for life and although not cheap, are very special. So go check them out.

We also found out there are at least 2 maybe 3 whippets from the States and other continents bound for our shores. Now we are sworn to secrecy, so if we were to tell you, we would have to kill you!!! lol All we can say is there will be a festive celebration when they arrive into the southern states. And NO we are not the ones importing them!!!

There are many more things to report, and some titbits to keep you going is that we have photos of both Jo and I with a certain long tall Texan, and the night we partied with the Mexicans. But more about that later.

And Lana the list of our other goodies; a italian leather handbag that is screen printed in a floral design, a diamond pendant at a bargain price, and Jo's gorgeous fossil handbag which is a stunner. Jo also got Ash a Guess watch at a steal which is just lovely. Oh I can go on and on but don't want you guys to

too jealous.

I am going back over to judge in September in Alanta. I am judging the Southern Specialties for Afghans and whippets, and then other hound breeds. Anyone wanna come???

cheers

Molly

Congrats to Ash as well ... is she still doing the junior handler thing or is she too old now?

Oh my ... those collars are lovely ... I wonder if Paul would .... nah who am I kidding!! He'd kill me for spending that amount on 4 dogs ... maybe 1 I'd get away with but then to choose who ... Connie can always have more collars ... hhmm think I'm going to have to put this down as a work in progress!!! :- "

Mum and Dad are in California for the end of Sept and then in October they are in Kansas for the Dobe specialty. I don't think anyone has discussed cyclones or earth treamors with Mum!!! (w00t) I'm certainly not bringing it up!!

I think also the hotel in Kansas is already booked out for the specialty ... here's hoping that Dad's friend has made the booking otherwise god knows where they'll end up!! Seriously ... Dad got lost in the local hospital the other day while visiting Mum and he was showing me where to go :blink: !

OMG - I didn't get on the computer yesterday and look what I missed!

[SIZE=21pt]CONGRATULATIONS MICHELLE[/SIZE] - how fantastic for you! See I told you didn't I - hang in there - "persistence pays", "good things come to those who wait" etc etc.

Give big hugs and kisses to the lovely Myah for me.

Cheers,

Lana.

Ms Molly said:
And guess what ??? Jo drove those freeways like a champion. Yours truly was chief navagator, and keep on the left hand side of the road reminder.

Was that "left" or the "other left"????? :cheers:

Has anyone got full results of the SA show ?????

Trust you to pick up on my typo Jon. It was meant to read to keep off the left hand side of the road reminder. We had to get to those shopping venues, and fast. but not against the traffic.

M

Ms Molly said:
Trust you to pick up on my typo Jon. It was meant to read to keep off the left hand side of the road reminder. We had to get to those shopping venues, and fast. but not against the traffic.
M

HI Guys well thanks everybody for there congratulations for my BEST IN SHOW win with BISS Aust Ch Arjai Passion N Pain it will be something that i will Remember for a VERY long time and a BIG thanks for Christina for posting my results this is my first time on this forums Michelle

Ms Molly said:
M

Yeah, the "other" left. You must of been brave. I tried the "other" left last week, just to see how it works. It is dangerous. :- " :(

Good to see you on here Michelle, don't worry you'll soon get the hang of posting on here.

Now hopefully with this wonderful win under your belt you won't listen to those who tell you not to show your dogs or give you a hard time :p I'm sure that it gives you the confidence to ignore such comments from now on and in doing so enter more shows to give them a run for their money. :thumbsup: Just enjoy.

All the very best :D

Cristina

Here are the full show results for the Whippet &Greyhound S.A club champ show

GREYHOUND

INTERMEDIATE BITCH

1Aust Ch Xilone Wishupona Star H & M JONES

CHALLENGE BITCH 1 BEST OF BREED 1

MINOR PUPPY DOG

2 Rushdale Step N Out 1St K Box

PUPPY DOG

3 Allstars A Flash Of Gold M. Burnside

4 Winstar Passchendael 1St R & Y Wilson

JUNIOR DOG

5 Wingstar Octagonal 2ND R & Y Wilson

6 Auriway Crown O Gold 1St N7 N Fraser

INTERMEDIATE DOG

7 Shallrun Royalnhansome 3RD S Bailey

8 Wingstar Mystic River 1ST R & Y Wilson

9 Endswell Magic Moment 3 RD Jvan Eck

STATE BRED DOG

10 Wingstar Overflow 1ST R& Y Wilson

AUST BRED DOG

11 Aust Ch Wingstar Lone Pine 2Nd R& Y Wilson

12 Auriway Touch O Flare 1ST K Box N& N Fraser

13 Coridale Turning Heads 3rd M.l Peck D. Ladd

OPEN DOG

14 Auriway Man Of The Monor 3Rd N& N Fraser

15 Allstars Straight Draw 2Rd R& Y Wilson

16 ALLSTARS zEUS h& m jONES

17 Shenkhan Man After Midnight( Imp Nz ) 1St

VETERAN DOG

Aust Gr Ch Auriway Metoo N & N Fraser

Challenge Dog 17 RESERVE DOG 19

MINOR PUPPY BITCH

20 Whirlaway Angel Saltbush 1St H & M Jones

PUPPY BITCH

21 Wingstar Penny Edition 1St R& Y Wilson

22 Whirlaway Star Msgic 2Nd H& M Jones

23 Whirlaway Star Light 3rd H& M Jones

JUNIOR BITCH

24 Wingstar Ocean Cloud 1St R& Y Wilson

26 Chesnut Luna Eclispe 3Rd R Staude

27 Sambhor Commanche 2Rd K Taylor

INTERMEDIATE BITCH

30 Auriway Innocent Eyes B Jubb

31 Calahorra Moving Picture 3 Rd B Pavey

32 Aust Ch Arjai Passion N Pain 1ST M Peck

33 Rushdale Kimai A Adams

34 Swifthund Lilredcorvette2Nd Hutching Tuck

STATE BRED BITCH

35 Aust Ch Swifthund Prettyonpurpose1St S Bailey

36 Hydale Flash Black 3Rd H& M Jones

37 Shirkeit Shades O Silver 2ND S.Willmot

AUSt BRED BITCH

38 Swifthund Yumyontheyes 2Nd S.Bailey

39 Auriway Fover Amber 1St N& N Fraser

40 Aust ch Rushdale Blue Belle K> Box

41 SAmbour Briggetta H& M Jones

42 Shirkeit Shez Sharona 3Rd S. Willmot

43 Allstars Shine M Bunside

OPEN BITCH

44 Wingstar Night Vison 3Rd R& Y Wilson

45 Aust Ch Rushdale Forever Diamond 2nd N& N Fraser

46 Aust Ch Chesnut Angelica K Box

47 Razzique Tiki Magic H7 M Jones

48 Allstar Xtraterrestrail 1St M Burnside

VERERTAN BITCH

Allstars QUeen of hearts k.taylor

CHALLENGE BITCH 32 RESEERVE BITCH 48 BEST OF BREED 32 RUP BEST OF BREED 17

SORRY GUTS IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES BUT I AM ALL NEW TO THIS

ooh! Congrats also to Mrs Burnside for RCC with the lovely black Allstars Xtraterrestrial :thumbsup: (she was my RCC and RUBOB at this show last year) :D

Thanks for the results Michelle.

You'll get the hang of posting. One thing to remember - if you don't want the quote of another post to appear in yours then scroll right down the bottom of the screen to the ADD REPLY button there. If you hit the 'reply' in someone else's post - it will quote them in your post. ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back