The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2008 Oz & Nz Show Results

josie said:
I have some good news with my dogs here.. whilst I was away my daughter showed.. Aust Ch: Arjai Almost Criminal and she got runner up in show at the hound club of WA.. and yesterday she got Junior in Show... so very happy at present... she is going great.

I have to say... I am very pleased that Michelle Peck had a delightful day at the whippet show in SA on the weekend and congrats on Myah's best in show.. she was one happy camper.

What a great welcome home Jo to have your Arjai whippets win both in Western Australia and South Australia :cheers: :cheers:

Keep the stories rolling on your trip, they are very amusing. :lol:

Hi Guys well i am glad i am getting the hang of this i will try to post the show results of the shows that i go to yes Cristina I have entered more shows you know everyone has the right to show there dogs even if people think different MYAH will be back in the ring anyway catcha all soon Michelle

TASMANIAN WHIPPET results summary

Combined Breeds Dog Club of Tas Inc 3rd May 08

Judge Mr David Sales Tas

DCC, Best of Breed, Runner up in Group, Statebred in group .......Acaiza Magical Venture (Wyatt NSW)

RCC Ch Taejaan Ralph Lauren ( Quinlivan/Rule-Steele)

BCC and r/up breed & Aust Bred in Group...Ch Acaiza Moons N Stars (Hargraves)

RCC missed who won that, think it was Beawinna Paris ???? girl who also went Best Hound Puppy (Collicutt)

A bit sketchy but I was busy with the borzoi and greyhound and I didn't have a catalogue.

Don't know how show specials went.

Congratulations to the successful whippet exhibitors, it was the BOB's title today :cheers:

whipwat said:
TASMANIAN WHIPPET  results summaryCombined Breeds Dog Club of Tas Inc 3rd May 08

Judge Mr David Sales Tas

DCC, Best of Breed, Runner up in Group, Statebred in group .......Acaiza Magical Venture (Wyatt NSW)

RCC  Ch Taejaan Ralph Lauren ( Quinlivan/Rule-Steele)

RCC  missed who won that, think it was Beawinna Paris ???? girl who also went Best Hound Puppy (Collicutt)

A bit sketchy but I was busy with the borzoi and greyhound and I didn't have a catalogue.

Congratulations to the successful whippet exhibitors, it was the BOB's title today :cheers:

Thanks Noelene,

Was it cold there today under the big hill. Are you there tomorrow we will make the trip down and have a play, had to work today I must say that I'd rather go to a dog show than work but it cost money to show these hounds so have to put a bit back in to the showing fund. (w00t)

See ya tomorrow :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Noelene,

Was it cold there today under the big hill. Are you there tomorrow we will make the trip down and have a play, had to work today I must say that I'd rather go to a dog show than work but it cost money to show these hounds so have to put a bit back in to the showing fund. (w00t)

See ya tomorrow :thumbsup:

Compared to last weekends weather, today felt like the middle of summer 8) However tomorrow I have my iggy entered and wherever he goes so does the inclement weather so the predicted fine 19 degrees may turn into snow showers from the mountain (w00t)

See you tomorrow :thumbsup:

whipwat said:
TASMANIAN WHIPPET  results summaryCombined Breeds Dog Club of Tas Inc 3rd May 08

Judge Mr David Sales Tas

RCC  Ch Taejaan Ralph Lauren ( Quinlivan/Rule-Steele)

RCC  missed who won that, think it was Beawinna Paris ???? girl who also went Best Hound Puppy (Collicutt)

Show Specials judge Mrs E Thomas-Howe (NSW) (Saturday cont'd)

Statebred in Show Acaiza Magical Venture

SUNDAY 4th May 2008 whippets

Combined Breeds Dog Club of Tas

11 whippets entered

Hound judge Mrs E Thomas-Howe

Show Specials Mrs S Lane (NSW)

BOB Runner up in Group and Best Australian Bred in Show

Aust Ch Acaiza Moons N Stars (P & J Hargraves)

DCC Arjai Proceeds of Crime (Mrs J Wiltshire)

Whippets clashed with the judging of my iggy and Manchester Terrier so missed the actual classes so once again only sketchy results.

We spent the weekend at Colac and I don't have all the results as I didn't buy a catalogue ... anyway Connie got another Runner up Best of Breed on her second outing!! We'll crack the big one soon I'm sure!! Might help if I put her on a diet!! Thieving little toerag :angry: :D

We were packing up to go home when i realised that for some reason i had entered her in Aust Bred instead of Open (not sure why I did this when I entered) but needless to say after whipping Connie out of the car and running back to the ring we ended up with Aust Bred in Group! Not a bad days work!

Mind you the proudest moment came when Paul (my husband) knocked off Dad in the baby puppy dog class!! It was fantastic to see a novice handler beat the all breeds judge and more importantly Paul now knows that Dad is not unbeatable!! (Unfortunately I beat him for Baby puppy of breed!! :- " )

Cheers

Elly

elmaro said:
We spent the weekend at Colac and I don't have all the results as I didn't buy a catalogue ... anyway Connie got another Runner up Best of Breed on her second outing!!  We'll crack the big one soon I'm sure!!  Might help if I put her on a diet!!  Thieving little toerag :angry:   :D
We were packing up to go home when i realised that for some reason i had entered her in Aust  Bred instead of Open (not sure why I did this when I entered) but needless to say after whipping Connie out of the car and running back to the ring we ended up with Aust Bred in Group!  Not a bad days work!

Mind you the proudest moment came when Paul (my husband) knocked off Dad in the baby puppy dog class!!  It was fantastic to see a novice handler beat the all breeds judge and more importantly Paul now knows that Dad is not unbeatable!! (Unfortunately I beat him for Baby puppy of breed!! :- " )

Cheers

Elly

And a very well deseved win it was too Elly :thumbsup:

Yes hopefully we will see Pheobe out soon as well if her mummy sends the entries to the right address!! :- "

Seriously she is too nice to keep at home!!

elmaro said:
Yes hopefully we will see Pheobe out soon as well if her mummy sends the entries to the right address!! :- "
Seriously she is too nice to keep at home!!

thanks Elly. Yes Mummy was very silly wasn't she :b :blink: :lol: and with a show sooooooo close to home - for a change. I was definitley kicking myself :(

Well done Elly! and Connie :wub: Any pics of the little tackers doing their 'thang'?

I went to Capricorn Coast and Rockie this weekend - only did Sat and Sun though, didn't enter the Monday show, wanted to be home in the daylight.

News in Brief

Ch Aslan That's Amore CC dog at both Champ shows and Best Dog at both open shows and State Bred in Group at the opens.

Gr Ch Shalique Silver Whisper CC, BOB, BIS (Cooney) under Mr Cronchey Ch Show 1, and BIS at Open Show 2 under Mr S Tassan (gr) and Mrs S Tassan (GS), and BIG today under Mr W Stevenson - don't know if she went any further.

Gr Ch Blakriva French Kiss CC BOB RIG (Bazzocco) at Ch Show 2 under Miss E Parker (SA)

(w00t) (w00t) Well I thought I would put up my latest outing... on the weekend we had our Italian Greyhound and sighthound show which was judged by Cheryl Currie-Thompson (SA).. and I am pleased to report that Taejaan Birdon Awire was awarded best in show from the puppy class.. pretty happy with that.. this also gave her over 100 points.. so now just have to wait till after the 30th may when she turns 12 months to get another 25.. joy joy joy...

Oh and also Aust Ch: Arjai Almost Criminal was runner up best of breed and Junior in Show.. so was a good day.

cheers jo.

P1010036.JPG

Wahoo... you go Jo (w00t) A successful day in the office :cheers: She's looking great

Lynda

Well done Jo on your BEST IN SHOW win with Lexie she is looking great and well done to Myah sister Willow Cheers Michelle

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations[/SIZE] to all the winners over the weekend and especially Lexie's BIS.

I don't have anything to report from my camp, had a disaster of a weekend and came home early - didn't help that my gazebo's took flight and landed on a friends car while we were in the ring, one leg still pinned to the ground and one completly broken, rest of pegs way over the other side of her camp. Knew I should of gone to shows down the coast and joined you Lana - no fun to be had up in Cairns. :wacko:

Cristina

Ooohhh ... flying tents!!!

Here are photos of the boys doing their thang!!

DSCN00273.jpg

Paul and Cooper (Peperone New Sensation)

DSCN00263.jpg

Dad and Chuckie (Peperone Elegantlywasted)

These were taken at their first show in Ballarat, hopefully I'll get some more soon!! I'm so proud of my babies!!!

They are looking really lovely Elly.

Were the girls being camera shy?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back