The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2008 Oz & Nz Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Is that Rex Lowe (setters) with a whippet????

His sister is a long time friend of mine. (not a show person though)

aslan said:
Is that Rex Lowe (setters) with a whippet????

Rex was a Hound person with Beagles before his success with Irish Setters, so he has travelled 360 degrees and is back in the Hound Group, excellent BREED choice this time round.

TASMANIA Australia Day

Western Tiers Kennel Club

Hi all,

I have some whippet results from today's show I needed to leave before Hound Grp as it is a back to back and my ride home from Non Sporting group couldn't wait any longer, I was thankful for the few hours at the show as I have the kennels to attend to each day so am unable to stay away overnight.

Hound Judge Mrs D Paterson (South Australia)

7 whippets

Dogs 3

DCC Parnew Devil N Disguise (Parry) 8pts

RCC Acaiza Brews N Potions (Hargraves)

Bitches 4

CC Ch Acaiza Moons N Stars (Hargraves) BOB & Runner up BEST IN GROUP

RCC ? my source couldn't remember .....sorry

Don't know any class placings in group.

Hound judge tomorrow is Mr Ken Pierce (Victoria) hopefully Griff will be able to fill us in on Sunday's judging as my OH will forget by the time he arrives home!!!

whipwat said:
TASMANIA Australia Day

Western Tiers Kennel Club

Hi all,

I have some whippet results from today's show I needed to leave before Hound Grp as it is a back to back and my ride home from Non Sporting group couldn't wait any longer, I was thankful for the few hours at the show as I have the kennels to attend to each day so am unable to stay away overnight.

Hound Judge Mrs D Paterson (South Australia)

7 whippets

Dogs 3

DCC Parnew Devil N Disguise (Parry) 8pts

RCC Acaiza Brews N Potions (Hargraves)

Bitches 4

CC Ch Acaiza Moons N Stars (Hargraves) 12pts BOB & Runner up BEST IN GROUP

RCC ? my source couldn't remember .....sorry

Tasmania whippet results SUNDAY Judge Mr K Pierce (Victoria)

DCC Parnew Devil N Disguise (Parry) & I think Puppy in Group????

RCC Ch Parnew Irish Pride (Parry)

BCC & Best of Breed 12 points Ch Acaiza Moons N Stars

RCC ????????

Junior in Group and Junior in Show under Mrs D Paterson (SA) was Acaiza Brews N Potions (Hargraves)

Well done everyone.

Gladstone Kennel Club 26 Jan

Judge Miss M Patten( NSW)

Minor Dog

Lysnagah Labarum ( Lysnagah Brownlow Boy x Ch Peperone Highland Queen)- Austen

Puppy Dog/Res CC/Puppy in Group/Puppy in Show

Lysnagah Lyrical Lad (Lysnagah Brownlow Boy x Ch Peperone Highland Queen)-Austen

Junior Dog

Allgard Pocket Rocket(Gr Ch Taejaan Read All About It x Kassdalee Sheza Scorcher) Richardson

Open Dog/ CC

Ch Monderick Whispers(Gr Ch Glenalban Aplolo x Slipstream Speechless- Abbott/Mangain/Roberts

Junior Bitch/CC/BOB/Res in Group/Junior in Show

Creor Shaken Not Stirred( A/Eng/Ir/Int Ch Collooney Silver Jigolo(Imp) x Ch Blakriva French Kiss)- Bazzocco

State Bred Bitch/State Bred in Group

Ch Lysnagah Piping Lane( Lysnagah Brents Mate x Ch Peperone Highland Queen)- Abbott/Austen

Open Bitch/Res CC/RUBOB

Ch Peperone Highland Queen(A/NZ/ENG Ch Nevedith Rare Rogue (Imp UK))x Ch Peperone Paper Ribbon (Imp UK)

GLADSTONE KENNEL CLUB Sun 27 January

Judge Mrs G Cook (Vic)

Minor Dog/Minor in Group

Lysnagah Labarum- Austen

Puppy Dog/Res CC/Puppy in Group

Lysnagah Lyrical Lad - Austen

Junior Dog

Allgard Pocket Rocket- Richardson

Open Dog/CC/RUBOB(I think)-

Ch Monderick Whispers -Abbot/Mangin/Roberts

Junior Bitch/CC/BOB/Junior in Group

Creor Shaken Not Stirred- Bazzocco

State Bred Bitch

Ch Lysnagah Piping Lane- Abbot/Austen

Open Bitch/Res CC

Ch Blakriva French Kiss(Ch Blakriva Star Gazer x Ch Blakriva Secret Passion)- Bazzocco

These are from memory so if I've made any errors my apologies. Congrats to the Bazzocco's on the success of their first homebred whippet. The Saluki won the group and the show both days.

Well done Gary - bet you're happy with your little Laddie!

I'm sure Rachel's happy with young Paige's win - but her Mama Smooch (French Kiss) is only waiting on about 6 points for her Grand. (I'd be leaving the youngster at home right now! :sweating: )

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations[/SIZE] Gary on your [SIZE=14pt]Puppy in Group and Show[/SIZE] wins, plus a reserve challenge, way to go - made the trip worthwhile indeed. :cheers:

Also [SIZE=14pt]Congrat's [/SIZE]Rachel on BOB both days with your young bitch - nah I disagree, Smooch will get those last points well earnt like the rest of them by beating her younger rivals and it will be all the more sweeter. :luck:

Cristina

Well what a cracker of a weekend I've had with my bestest boy, I'm over the moon! A great start to his 2008 - I only hope he can keep it up!

Mackay KC Open Show Sat 2nd Feb - Mrs R Hartmire (Group) Mr D Weil (GS)

Ch Aslan That's Amore - (the only whippet shown) BOB, BIG and [SIZE=21pt]BEST IN SHOW!!!!![/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]Yee-hah![/SIZE]

Mackay KC Champ Show Sat 2nd Feb - Mr D Weil (Boxer man)

Junior Dog

Mychaka in the Limelight Fornasier

State Bred Dog

Ch Aslan That's Amore CC BOB [SIZE=14pt]BIG[/SIZE] SBIG McCrindle

Aust Bred Dog

Taejaan Kinky Boots ABIG? Smith/Veurman

Open Dog

Ch Monderick Whispers RC Abbott/Mangan/Roberts

Ch Shenace Inya Dreams 2nd Fornasier

Junior Bitch

Creor Shaken Not Stired JIG Bazzocco

Aust Bred Bitch

Ch Lysnagah Piping Lane Abbott/Austen

Open Bitch

Ch Aslan Chanson D'Amour CC RUBOB McCrindle

Ch Blakriva French Kiss 2nd RC? Bazzocco

Mackay KC Champ Show Sun 3rd Feb - Mr D McGreevy (Afghan & Greyhound owner/breeder)

Junior Dog

Mychaka in the Limelight Fornasier

State Bred Dog

Ch Aslan That's Amore CC BOB [SIZE=14pt]RIG[/SIZE] SBIG McCrindle

Aust Bred Dog

Taejaan Kinky Boots ABIG Smith/Veurman

Open Dog

Ch Shenace Inya Dreams RC Fornasier

Ch Monderick Whispers 2nd Abbott/Mangan/Roberts

Junior Bitch

Creor Shaken Not Stired JIG Bazzocco

State Bred Bitch

Kassdalee Devil Woman Oakes/Philp

Aust Bred Bitch

Ch Lysnagah Piping Lane RC Abbott/Austen

Open Bitch

Ch Blakriva French Kiss CC RUBOB Bazzocco

Ch Aslan Chanson D'Amour 2nd McCrindle

Smooch (French Kiss) is still waiting on her grand :( I was wrong thinking she needed only 6 - she needed 15 points and got 11 for Bitch CC and then Dino did her out of the extra points, by beating her for BOB - BOB was exactly 15 points today :blink: . It would have been great to celebrate a grand champion whippet today - a deserved one too - but I'm not going to say I didn't want my win. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Lana on a great weekend for you and Dino!! :cheers: We couldn't win a raffle this weekend even if we bought every ticket (w00t)

Congrats Lana & Dino on your fabulous weekend.

Once again no shows anywhere near the Southern half of Taswegia, to date for 2008 there has been 1 show in Hobart and the remaining 5 up North.

Hopefully Parnew will fill us in on the back to back at Ulverstone K C under Mrs Sylvia Crozier (NSW) and Mrs Betty Stepkovitch (NSW) this weekend. :)

:cheers: [SIZE=21pt]Congraultations Lana [/SIZE] :cheers:

whipwat said:
Congrats Lana & Dino on your fabulous weekend.
Once again no shows anywhere near the Southern half of Taswegia, to date for 2008 there has been 1 show in Hobart and the remaining 5 up North.

Hopefully Parnew will fill us in on the back to back at Ulverstone K C under Mrs Sylvia Crozier (NSW) and Mrs Betty Stepkovitch (NSW) this weekend. :)

:cheers: WELL DONE LANA & DINO :cheers:

We had a very nice weekend away, camped with the kids and our Basenji friends.

Sat 2/2/08

Ch Parnew Irish Pride (Fergus) Parry, DCC

Rossterhill Fergus (Gus) Sherry, RCC

Ch Parnew Wild Irish Rose (Maggie) Parry, BCC, BOB, RBIG & Inter In Group :D

Ch Jeniems Brand New Day (Jackie) Parry, RCC & RBOB

Sun

Ch Parnew Irish Pride (Fergus) Parry, DCC

Parnew Devil N Disguise (Roscoe) Parry, RCC

Ch Parnew Wild Irish Rose (Maggie) Parry, BCC, BOB, RBIG & Inter In Group :D

Ch Jeniems Brand New Day (Jackie) Parry, RCC & RBOB

Way to go Lana and Dino... Dino looked great and it was well deserved.... WELL DONE... Congrats also to rachael for getting 11 points towards smooch's grand just 4 more points to go.. Hopefully this weekend hey?...

Dino relaxing after his BIS - he'd had some cheese (brie) and biscuits and then settled in on my chair. :wub:

I didn't get any show pics with the judges .... and I had two cameras there ... duh!

aslan said:
Dino relaxing after his BIS - he'd had some cheese (brie) and biscuits and then settled in on my chair.  :wub:
I didn't get any show pics with the judges .... and I had two cameras there ... duh!

Well........ hello........ come on Lana your slipping, you know how we like our pic's here on K9 (w00t) (w00t)

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations :D [/SIZE] again Lana and Dino

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations :cheers: [/SIZE] Griff and the Parnew Team.

Cristina

CONGRATULATIONS Griff with Maggie's back to back RUIG at Ulverstone KC.

Did many people camp on the grounds, it used to be a fun weekend there when back to back shows were a novelty. These days many people are finding it difficult to spare two days over a weekend so they are not as well supported as in days gone by.

parnew said:
aslan said:

Well........ hello........ come on Lana your slipping, you know how we like our pic's here on K9 (w00t) (w00t)

I know - that's really slack isn't it? But to be honest, I couldn't ask on Saturday as the champ show started straight after the open and the judge who did GS in the open was judging our group in the champ, so I didn't think it right to ask then and ... by the time it came to take photos on Sunday the judge that gave Dino the BIS had finished his judging before the others and had changed into his casual shorts and baggy shirt.

Well done with Maggie too btw. She's looking lovely.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back