The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2008 Oz & Nz Show Results

aslan

a totally addicted
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sorry - was a bit late with this wasn't I?

Many apologies - that's because I wasn't a poor little lonely soul sitting at home this New Year's Eve! :lol:

aslan said:
Sorry - was a bit late with this wasn't I?
Many apologies - that's because I wasn't a poor little lonely soul sitting at home this New Year's Eve!  :lol:

That must have been some party, are you feeling OK now ? :teehee: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok- I'll go first with some results. The show was held on 31 Dec 07 but General Specials wasn't over until the 1st Jan 08- so maybe that'll count. Didn't get all the results down- breed entry was 18 but there were a number of absentees with the poor weather.(or better parties to go to :cheers: )

Dog of the Year Support Committee Show (Brisbane)

Judge Miss C Burton(Qld)

Dog CC Ch Shalique Dare to Impress-Cooney

Res CC Shalique Weekend Warrior- Cooney

Bitch CC/BOB/Best in Group Ch Peperone Highland Queen- Austen/McLeod

Res CC/RUBOB/Res in Group Gr Ch Shalique Silver Whisper- Cooney

from the 6 babies exhibited on the night (5 dogs 1 bitch) Tischamingo My Jigolo- Marks- was baby of breed.

Another 31st & mid=night specials. Ch. Skyeway The Passion, Best in Show. (w00t)

Hounds. Mrs C. Curry-Thompson, Hound Lady & General Specials Elle Maitland, she has Samoyeds, but has shown & owned a whippet or 2 in the past. :cheers:

Good luck to all in 08, & am even going to a show in "person" this year. :- " (just gota get the new one to walk straight lines) :oops:

Ooooh Cartman - show us "the new one"!

Congrats to you, Geoff and Kerry on Gina's BIS. Well done! :cheers:

Yay for Gabby's BIG too, Gary - give her a big hug from me.

Yes Lida, fine now. Actually I didn't drink very much at all - (JD did all the drinking as you can see from the pic :lol: ) but as I get older I find it takes much longer for me to recover from a late night (early morning). -_-

[SIZE=21pt]Congratulations[/SIZE] to all so far this year - hope it sets the way for the rest of the year.

Heard your puppies had a great time Gary :- "

Don't worry Lana, I got to see the fireworks (on TV) on my own too, Ray was in bed and snoring by 11pm, barely was able to wake him at 12 to say Happy New Year - I'm sure he said it in his sleep. :p

All the best to everyone for shows in 2008 :cheers:

Cristina

Cartman said:
Another 31st & mid=night specials. Ch. Skyeway The Passion, Best in Show. (w00t) Hounds. Mrs C. Curry-Thompson, Hound Lady &  General Specials Elle Maitland, she has Samoyeds, but has shown & owned a whippet or 2 in the past. :cheers:

Good luck to all in 08, & am even going to a show in "person" this year. :- "  (just gota get the new one to walk straight lines) :oops:

:- " Glad i didn't enter, 43 degrees at 5.30pm, show started at 6pm, it was

50 degrees here at Pt Pirie on our back verandah!! hottest day i can ever remember :b

there were I lot of scratchings due to the extreme heat.

Other results from this show Cartman.

Callenge Dog & Intermediate in Group: Shallrun Royalnhandsome/ S. Bailey

Neuter in Group: A/Ch Swifthund Made you Look/ S. Bailey.

Well done to all winners.

:p Good Luck to all in 2008

Anne.

native said:

50 degrees here at Pt Pirie on our back verandah!! hottest day i can ever remember :b

Good thing then the show was not held on your back verandah then. :cheers:

native said:
[

Shame about the temp on that day. :( It was a hot one for sure. Whippets went into the ring at a pleasent 27c. :cheers:

Cartman said:
native said:
[

Shame about the temp on that day. :( It was a hot one for sure. Whippets went into the ring at a pleasent 27c. :cheers:

According to a Whippet exihibitor, more like 32-34c when Whippets were judged, Sometimes it pays off to be the last breed.

Travelling to the show would have been the biggest concern, I hope every breed of dog which participated shared the aircon with their owners & not travelled in a car/trailer without. :cheers:

Anne

native said:
Cartman said:
native said:
[

According to a Whippet exihibitor, more like 32-34c when Whippets were judged, Sometimes it pays off to be the last breed.

Travelling to the show would have been the biggest concern, I hope every breed of dog which participated shared the aircon with their owners & not travelled in a car/trailer without. :cheers:

Anne

Just received an update from k9er that was at the show, she said temp was definately was around 37c not 27c , the overnight temp never went below 32c.

may have been 27c down your way cartman?

Anne

native said:
native said:
Cartman said:
native said:
[

Anne

Just received an update from k9er that was at the show, she said temp was definately was around 37c not 27c , the overnight temp never went below 32c.

may have been 27c down your way cartman?

Anne

My person that was there, & someone who I trust, said it was 27c. That was what was on the thermoter that somone had there. So I will go with that.

Oh for heaven's sake - it was [SIZE=21pt]HOT[/SIZE] :wacko:

native said:
Cartman said:
Another 31st & mid=night specials. Ch. Skyeway The Passion, Best in Show. (w00t) Hounds. Mrs C. Curry-Thompson, Hound Lady &  General Specials Elle Maitland, she has Samoyeds, but has shown & owned a whippet or 2 in the past. :cheers:

Good luck to all in 08, & am even going to a show in "person" this year. :- "  (just gota get the new one to walk straight lines) :oops:

Other results from this show Cartman.

Callenge Dog & Intermediate in Group: Shallrun Royalnhandsome/ S. Bailey

Neuter in Group: A/Ch Swifthund Made you Look/ S. Bailey.

Well done to all winners.

:p Good Luck to all in 2008

Anne.

Native you forgot the RUBOB was A/Ch Swifthund Prettyonpurpse /S Bailey

aslan said:
Oh for heaven's sake - it was [SIZE=21pt]HOT[/SIZE]  :wacko:
Hey Lana,

after the worry of having dad in hospital twice over Xamas & New Year (& having Dad's partner, "allergic to dogs" Helen staying for the holiday), mixed in with the grand kids, a little debate on the weather has brightened up my holidays, which end tommow!

Chill out, I am also eager to get back into the ring!! :cheers:

Anne

I've been off the winners' pegs for nearly 4 years while I've been battling my faulty hip replacements & hospital super bug infections so I'm absolutely thrilled to be able to report, at long last, a significant win for my young girl VERDELLHO HALOWEEN DOLL ( Nevedith Lfa Limelight imp UK x Calahorra Neva Endn Story iid)., bred by Chris & Rhonda Tait & co-owned with them. She won the BCC under Toni Comerford (Ridgesetter) last weekend. I send my sincere thanks to her for our lovely win & also to Krystal Lewis (Nabihah) who is Pagan's regular pilot.

Gail Knightbridge.

Congratulations Gail!

Got any pics of Pagan you can post?

aslan said:
Congratulations Gail!
Got any pics of Pagan you can post?

Lana, I've got the photos but I'm not clever enough to be able to post them here. You can see photos of her either on the Whippet Archives or Google, Verdellho Whippets. She was only 7 months old when they were taken.

Gail.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back