The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2008 Oz & Nz Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Tesa said:
Cartman said:
gajo said:
Q. What do you call a successful New Zealander???
A. Australian :- "

:D Love it!! Even more so given my in laws are NZers. Congrats to Kerry Geoff and Cartman on the new grand champion :thumbsup:

Nue Zullund.........A land wier mim are min, & sheep are shite scard. :(

Nue Zullund horses are the fastest in the World. They have seen what happens to the sheep. :cheers:

No. 1 perfume in Nue Zulland - Mint Sauce :cheers:

Counting sheep;

2367, 2368, hello darling,2370,2371

:cheers: Fern :cheers:

Congratulations on a great acievement WHOOOOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Griff and Peter

Cartman said:
gajo said:
Q. What do you call a successful New Zealander???
A. Australian :- "

:D Love it!! Even more so given my in laws are NZers. Congrats to Kerry Geoff and Cartman on the new grand champion :thumbsup:

Nue Zullund.........A land wier mim are min, & sheep are shite scard. :(

Nue Zullund horses are the fastest in the World. They have seen what happens to the sheep. :cheers:

Hmm.. slightly off topic :blink: and nice to see the Aussie's back emselves up in the smarts department :- " And facts department :p and SPELLING DEPARTMENT :- " min are min - what is that :lol:

Yes our horses are fast & nup, not coz they have seen what happens to the sheep :- " but due to superior breeding ;)

Anyway.... BACK ON TRACK :lol: Congrat's Cartman on yet another Skyeway Grand Champion this year :cheers: Way to go, have been celebrating the win from the minute I got the text from Kerry :thumbsup: Brilliant!

And congrat's to Bev Daines on breeding the gorgeous Fern who did so well at the Supreme shows in the Sth Island at the weekend :cheers: Will look forward to clasping eyes on the gorgeouse girl in a few weeks when she attends a North Island Show :thumbsup:

Austyn & Mya had their debut this weekend :wub: Mother was feeling a little anxious, at 3mths & 1 wk, they are still such babies. Came up against older competition, pressure was on..... one show Master Austyn showed his mojo and won Best Baby Of Breed and at the 2nd show, Miss Mya won Baby Of Group :wub: Nice to get the first show out of the way with success, can now go back to chillin out & relaxin at the shows (w00t)

was the little professional handler in the making doing the honours?? You're on to a winner there I think!!

elmaro said:
was the little professional handler in the making doing the honours?? You're on to a winner there I think!!
Now I hope that question wasn't directed to my posting (w00t) (w00t)

BUT, just incase it was & you are talking about "THE CHILD"... hmmm... 1st show, the mother takes the babies in & does an ok job :p then when both babies win their class, Miss 10yr old with the new camera who takes the puppy photo's elbows everyone out of the way to get to Miss Mya & yes, Miss Mya wins Baby Of Breed :wub: The battle is now on Mother/Child as to who is going to take "it" in for Baby of Group (w00t) Mother wins :teehee:

Anyway... if your comment wasn't directed for us :b sorry for the blurb on the battle of showing Miss Mya :blink: :lol:

(w00t) That's awesome!! If she likes I can give her a few tips on how to swindle oops I mean request the dog that she wants to show!! (w00t)

Not that I ever pulled a shifty on my parents when I was younger :- "

shenace said:
elmaro said:
Now I hope that question wasn't directed to my posting (w00t) (w00t)

BUT, just incase it was & you are talking about "THE CHILD"... hmmm... 1st show, the mother takes the babies in & does an ok job :p then when both babies win their class, Miss 10yr old with the new camera who takes the puppy photo's elbows everyone out of the way to get to Miss Mya & yes, Miss Mya wins Baby Of Breed :wub: The battle is now on Mother/Child as to who is going to take "it" in for Baby of Group (w00t) Mother wins :teehee:

Anyway... if your comment wasn't directed for us :b sorry for the blurb on the battle of showing Miss Mya :blink: :lol:

elmaro said:
(w00t)   That's awesome!!  If she likes I can give her a few tips on how to swindle oops I mean request the dog that she wants to show!!  (w00t)
Not that I ever pulled a shifty on my parents when I was younger  :- "
I must remember to show Bill how to log on to K9 next time I see him Elly :lol: :p :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Cartman and Geoff and Kerry for Gina's Grand - fantastic! Now I just want to see my favourite ... her sister Jenny ... get hers!

And before you all get excited .... no I don't have my computer back yet. :(

elmaro said:
(w00t) That's awesome!! If she likes I can give her a few tips on how to swindle oops I mean request the dog that she wants to show!! (w00t)

Not that I ever pulled a shifty on my parents when I was younger :- "

shenace said:
elmaro said:

Haa haaaaa.... I will be keeping her eyes of K9 (w00t) She doesn't need any assistance in the "swindle" ooops request :blink: departments as she has the "nagging the mother to death until she gives in" down to a fine art :p (w00t)

Having said that, maybe you should directly email me with the tips so I can look out for them :p

Had a lovely day in Ingham Saturday at the Herbert River Agricultural Show (always a nice show) under judge Mr Lee James.

Steelie (Ch Shenace Inya Dreams(Imp NZ)) receiving Chal Dog with his son Amigo (Mychaka Inthe Limelight) receiving Res Chall.

Young Lyric (Corridale Cover Story) receiving Chal Bitch, BOB and Puppy In Group - Woohoo first points and only second weekend in contention - so now she's sitting on 11 points with only 89 to go :D

Little Tequila (Cheshunt Creme Tequila)received Baby Puppy of Breed. My lovely Pharaoh, Hunter (Rhodepark Star Hunter) received Baby Puppy in Group (he behaved just a little bit to receive the award :p )

Only just catching up with the weeks new's -

Was very happy to hear your puppies did well at their first show Lynda, congratulations and hears to many more great results :cheers:

Huge Congratulations, Kerry and Geoff and Cartman on Gina's grand championship title

Cristina

Great day at the show for you Cristina :thumbsup: Steelie Wonder had better rattle his daggs :- " what is the ol man doing letting a puppy beat him for BOB (w00t) Well done Lyric, you go you gorgeous girl :wub: And well done on the Pharaoh's win :cheers:

In the middle of winter here :angry: It has been FREEZING :( 7 degree's, a nasty southerly wind, rain & hail... I am such a summer girl, can't be doing these cold days :p

Anyway, the champ shows are a bit few & far between at present, but we have had a weekend of Open Shows, great to get the babies out for a practice :wub:

Master Austyn Powers won 3 x Best Baby Puppy In Shows out of a possible 4 :wub: Hotly contested as our babies can be shown from 3 - 6mths of age, and being just under 3.5mths, he is still a really baby :wub: Seems to be that EVERY breed possible had babies the same time as my guys - guess it is great to come up against such strong competition :sweating:

OOoopppsssss :blink: Talk about me, me, me :- "

Forgot to mention young Kate won Runner Up Best In Show at one of the shows to :thumbsup: Came home & let the dogs out, we have our big mid winter Champ show down country in exactly two weeks... guess who has come in season today :- " :wacko: :teehee: Let's just say, I have a 10yr old child not very pleased :huggles:

What a great weekend of showing for young Austyn, the win's always better when they have strong competition against them. You must be very proud of your puppies. :wub:

Poor Kate, guess she'll just have to show the puppies for you instead (hahaha) :p

As for Steelie letting Lyric beat him, he know's how to stay in the good books with the ladies. :D

Cristina

does anyone know when the next NSW specialties are and who the judges are going to be?

I think I have a travel bug!!

Cheers in advance!!

I know there were shows in Kiwiland on the week end. Would anyone have the results? :- "

Yup, they were in the South Island....

Emma Parker (Adelaide) group judging: BOG: AUST/NZ CH Dachlah Silver Fern & BIS Judge Geoff Love (Adelaide) BIS - this is the lovely Ferns 3rd BIS - she is now on the hunt for her CC's - in NZ you need 3 x All Breeds BIS & 50 CC's to be a NZ GRAND CHAMPION - think Fern only needs about 25 more, she has had a fabulous run with only about 6mths showing!

On Sunday - Geoff Love group judging: BOG Aust/NZ CH Dachlah Silver Fern, Res Bitch - pet name Scuba (need to hunt out the pedigree name when I get a minute, but she is owned by Jackie Howell) and she was RBOG also. Best Dog Jasper - NZ Ch Skyeway Jack Sparrow & forget who was Res Dog - again, will track it down>

Just adding in some results that I couldn't post over the last couple of weeks ... not doing full results, sorry, just my good fortunes in a nutshell

Mackay KC 14th June Mrs S Brown - Gr Ch Aslan That's Amore [SIZE=14pt]RESERVE IN SHOW[/SIZE]

Pioneer Valley AG 15th June Mrs M Rose - Gr Ch Aslan That's Amore RIG

Proserpine AG 21st June Mr G Ness - Ch Aslan Chanson D'Amour [SIZE=14pt]RESERVE IN SHOW[/SIZE]

Proserpine KC 22nd June Mr V Jones - Gr Ch Aslan That's Amore BIG

Ayr AG 25th June Mrs B Marker - Gr Ch Aslan That's Amore BIG SBIS

June was a very good month for us :D July has been stay at home month. :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done to all the winners over the past weekend. Woohoo to Lana and the gang!!!

Can anyone help me find out the youngest whippet to go Best In Show in Oz history.

Ms Molly said:
Well done to all the winners over the past weekend. Woohoo to Lana and the gang!!!
Can anyone help me find out the youngest whippet to go Best In Show in Oz history.

Dont know for sure. :( I remember Martinique Calico Kate winning BIS at Bulli about 1971-2??? Group John Thompsom & Specials Graham Missen. :cheers: Could of been 1973??? Just remember it was a very cold day for summer & at show next day was stinking hot.

She was about 8 mnts at the time.

I'll put my money on the pup in the Northern Territory Satang French Folly who went back to back BIS from the minor puppy class last month!! According to www.dogzonline.com.au he was born on the 6 December 2007 and won BIS at a double show on 21 June 2008. (w00t)

I know that the NT doesn't have big entries like the eastern states (just over 110 dogs at each show) but I'm guessing their Champ Shows still count :clown: , and I know that they have some lovely dobes over there at present so an impressive feat all the same... :cheers:

Cheers

Elly

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back