The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2010 Scottish Derby Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
kenny spoke to guy more than twice after ,,,,,,he was fine,,,,,he was more worried about dog,,,,,,, :thumbsup:

u never had a dog slip on u yet ?????? that was my 1st,,,,and ive been at track for 30 year,s since i was a kid
its banter m8, good old fun.and no never had a dog slip,,i wouldnt use them leads because of that reason,and it was me that picked his stuff up and asked him if he was OK many times after the incident,i was more concerned about my dog, my wife just happened to see it running flat out towards my bitch and she snatched her up into her arms,if she hadn't god knows what could of happened,as it touched my daughter when it went past..hope the dogs well by the way, :thumbsup:

BIG WELL DONE THE THURROCK DOGS EASTENDER NOT 13 MOUNTHS OLD YET TINKERSMILL CANDY MILL BARKING MAD AND LITTLE PIE AND MASH.

Great Scottish Derby and well done to all the winners. but disappointed to see He's my brother racing as he is a disqualified dog, and also very upset at the owner as he should know better.
He's my brother is not disqualified from the Kirkcaldy Racing club. We did check before the race was run to make sure it was ok and was told he was not allowed to run at an affiliate ped club but was ok to run in our derby. The dog run fantastic on Sunday with no issue. Scooby was invited aswell as anyone with a pedigree to run on the Sunday. Can you please refrain from putting these comments on this thread and speak with either Arthur or myself on the phone regarding this issue. I will also speak to the admin to get it removed from this thread

Thanks

Gil

a few dogs that stood out for me were in the pups, spotless and of course the winner sheer pleasure, the yearling winner wor syl and the cons yearling winner mindight belle (wot i liked when they were tiny) skoshi tiger making her mark in the opens, prada (another i liked when they were tiny) sween and flybaby which mustve been a difficult desicion as the photo was looked @ 4 quite some time (an excellent race) another couple of pups piglets denman and lyndons jedward had a fantastic race. pleased with our own sparlin whizz. no limits fires lad and hellseeker stood out 4 me as did shay in the cons no limit i watched that race from the far side of the field and he came from the back like a train. some class races. roll on next year. oh and i didnt think the weather was too bad really. weve had worse. the rain did the track well 4 the racing. :thumbsup:

Just like to say what a great time we had in Bonny Scotland,the atmosphere at the Derby is second to none,definately the best event of the year for me :thumbsup:

Well done to all the workers , we know how much hard work goes into these events and you all did a great job :thumbsup:

A big congratulations to all the winners,and all those who competed,there were some very close races, which made for some great entertainment for those spectating :sweating:

A big well done to Dennis with little Alice (Sheer Pleasure )for winning supreme puppy :thumbsup: She didn't put a foot wrong all week and she's definately got more to come,also well done to Lynden with little Jedward,he too was very impressive :thumbsup:

Well done to the yearling winner Wor Syl,she looked very strong and i was very impressed also with yearling scratch winner Wor rag,who managed to hold off much bigger dogs over 175yds,a great acheivement :thumbsup:

Can't remember the name of the puppy scratch winner,but this also looked very impressive,and can only improve as it matures :thumbsup:

Andrew (Deneside Belle)flew the lids and took the vet Scratch class in fine style.Geoff and I were saying, it doesn't seem long since he won the yearling scratch Derby,doesn't time fly when you're getting on abit :lol:

Missed the veteran final as I had to go for a wee (getting nervous) :lol: but well done to Spirit of the stag :thumbsup:

Well done also to all the consolation winners :thumbsup: Carole and Peter were over the moon with Gem (Sparklin Whizz) making it into the cons yearling final,she ran great for you :thumbsup:

The no limit final was very exciting,and we were very pleased that Paddy (Stormbreaker)was in with a chance.He had won both his heat and semi=final the day before against tough opposition,and Geoff and I were shouting him on,unfortunately the lure stopped just before the line so the race had to be re-run,but Paddy still managed to come a close 4th :sweating: Well done to Fires lad ,a very strong finisher and a deserving winner :thumbsup:

The 40lb final was next and we were keeping our fingers crossed that Ben(Almost Bobs)would trap well :sweating: He didn't let us down and took the 40lb Scottish Derby in a very close race against class opposition :thumbsup: Of course we were over the moon ,having bred Ben,and his litter brother Stormbreaker,both out of Jack the lad x Burnpark Time.

Now onto the main event,the Scottish Derby final.I must admit it was a very proud moment for me walking behind the piper with Sheila(Burnt Sugar)who is litter sister to Almost Bobs and Stormbreaker.Geoff and I were over the moon with her making it to the final after being very lightly raced this year.

We knew she was in with some brilliant bitches,and it would be a tough race for her off the back

Prada who incidentally Geoff had tipped the day before after seeing her win her weight class was 13yds in front of Sheila,Skoshi Tiger,who had looked very strong all weekend,the brilliant Insane Jane ,last years Derby winner,and last but not least Keiths brilliant little bitch Anagram, a class field!

A big well done to all these dogs and their proud owners :thumbsup: especially Prada a brilliant little bitch from a class litter,and a deserving winner of this top event :thumbsup: Have you come back down to earth yet John? :lol:

fantastic 10 days as allways at this event weather could have been better but it was good for the track it was spot on, Thanks to all to all the team at Kirkcaldy WRC for all you hard work to yet again give us the best event of the year long may it continue,

Well done to everyone who took part to win or lose it makes it what it is hard luck John and Pat TINKERSMILL not very often you see this girl fall out of the box but she had to go and do it in the semi one of my favourites to win along with FLY BABY, INSANE JANE and PRADA

Well done John and Penny with PRADA taking the honour of winning the SCOTTISH DERBY well deservered , as were all the other winners, Well done Bramble ( SPIRIT OF THE STAG ) winning the SCOTTISH DERBY VETERAN for the 2nd year running and just back from maternal duty great achievement

Thanks to the new owners of the TOP O' THE TOUN for sponsoring the event and providing us with some great social evenings

Last edited by a moderator:
well done to all the winners, we had a fab weekend the weather was good to us,big well done to john & angela with parada :thumbsup: shay ran brill we only had 3 weeks to get him ready because injury to his toe :sweating:well done to all the workers they work realy hard to get this event on :thumbsup:

Jack the lad and 40lb Derby winner Almost Bobs

JACKNBEN-1-1.jpg

fantastic 10 days as allways at this event weather could have been better but it was good for the track it was spot on, Thanks to all to all the team at Kirkcaldy WRC for all you hard work to yet again give us the best event of the year long may it continue, Well done to everyone who took part to win or lose it makes it what it is hard luck John and Pat TINKERSMILL not very often you see this girl fall out of the box but she had to go and do it in the semi one of my favourites to win along with FLY BABY, INSANE JANE and PRADA

Well done John and Penny with PRADA taking the honour of winning the SCOTTISH DERBY well deservered , as were all the other winners, Well done Bramble ( SPIRIT OF THE STAG ) winning the SCOTTISH DERBY VETERAN for the 2nd year running and just back from maternal duty great achievement

Thanks to the new owners of the TOP O' THE TOUN for sponsoring the event and providing us with some great social evenings

thanks lynne bramble did us proud again really pleased with her run think if little crystal never came in season would of been different story lol had may checked out badly injured shes off a good while but not bothered shes in season too :angry: ;) duffy ran great both weekends and getting better every run ;)

only just posting as i have just about recovered from the journey home always seem longer on the way back lol really enjoyed the hols and company was brill 2 :thumbsup: well done all the winner over both weekends, its hard work when you put 1 weekend of racing on two full weekends of racing :sweating: :sweating: you all did a brill job and worked so hard and what most dont know is Jeanine,George, Val, had to go back to work monday 2 friday your all stars, would also like to thank Jeanine for the use of her caravan over the 10 days :thumbsup: .

we got upto the track around 6 on friday morning before the scottish champs will not do this again think you need to get up on the weds !! not only did it take it out of us but also the dogs they were all very light and all but pip ( .U CHOOSE ) ran well below par at the champs (w00t) after a weeks rest and weight back on the dogs looked much better,and i was really looking forward to running them in the derby, have to say sorry to jo and darren after all there hard work getting red ( HELLSEEKER ) ready for scotland and yes i messed up with his weight he should have been in the 40lb class but weighed in at 40,15oz i was'nt going to run him but after talkng to jo and darren they said run him !! and the way red ran in the no limit, well it was brill :thumbsup: a clear 2yd in front over 175 in the final when the lure broke just before the line (w00t) but i think without doubt he showed what a great dog he's going to make taking on some of the best if not the best no limit dogs in the country and leading all the way to the line big well done you 2, you got him spot on !! that said i must say what a fab dog fires lad is, i'v watched him from a pup and hes just amazing if he could trap like Red dont think anything would get near him, well done jim you missed out last year after fires lad got injured and he missed the no limit final so it was only right that you won it this year so pleased for you,

onto little pip who ran really well at the champs, but think his best run had to be the semi only 3/4 of a dog down on prada who went on to win the derby well done little lad, and then poppy ( hellsdouble ) she also ran really well having been off the track for 10 weeks after cutting her leg really bad, shes been swimming and walked had 3 runs at club before going upto scotland so was very pleased with her sure she's got more to find yet !! and on to the 2 babys of our lot megan ( cracked the ice ) and tilly ( Cracked halo ) litter sister not yet 2 years old Megan got in the puppy final last year and the cons final this year so over the moon with her, think princess tilly angel cake (jo name for her not mean lol ) missed her mum to much and yes jo i did shout "princess tilly angel cake" when karen ran her lol

its always nice to watch the young dogs and some very nice pups and yearling running love the suger rush litter they look really nice enjoyed what racing i got to see with 5 dogs running was'nt much so would love a copy of the dvd if anyone know where i can get 1 ??

have to agree with Vicky "You can't praise Just Friends highly enough, what a brilliant achievement to have so many of his offspring perform so well over the Scottish holiday but to have 4 of the 5 derby finalists sired by him shows what class he produces - Well done Zak." and to you Andy :thumbsup: think thats it for now lol

Just a few pic's of the finals being piped down, didn't take many of the racing.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

some great pics there vicky :thumbsup: wondered what adi lin was out of (like me scratch dogs)

Just wanted to say thank you to Kirkcaldy WRC for hosting yet another wonderful event. The scottish holiday is certainly a high point of our year and we really appreciate how much work the scottish membership puts in to make it possible, long may it continue.

Well done to all the competitors. We didn't see as much racing as in previous years due to looking after our new puppy but what I saw was really impressive. Teddy(Pagan Bear) says well done to his brothers Stormbreaker and Almost Bobs and his sister Burnt Sugar on their great performances, he was unfortunately injured in his first race and so had to watch from the sidelines cheering you on. So many friends with dogs that did well, congratulations to all of you. :thumbsup:

i would just like to thank everyone for the kind comments and pm's on penny's derby win,to so iam proud is an understatement, she is a dream dog to own and race ,thanks to allison & colin for there help with her :thumbsup: ,thank you to dave & dianne for there hospitality over the weekend,and thank you to the organisers for putting on yet another brilliant scottish champs & derby,allready looking forward to next year :thumbsup:

Just wanted to say thank you to Kirkcaldy WRC for hosting yet another wonderful event. The scottish holiday is certainly a high point of our year and we really appreciate how much work the scottish membership puts in to make it possible, long may it continue. Well done to all the competitors. We didn't see as much racing as in previous years due to looking after our new puppy but what I saw was really impressive. Teddy(Pagan Bear) says well done to his brothers Stormbreaker and Almost Bobs and his sister Burnt Sugar on their great performances, he was unfortunately injured in his first race and so had to watch from the sidelines cheering you on. So many friends with dogs that did well, congratulations to all of you. :thumbsup:
Thanks Marie,we are over the moon with all 3 of them :thumbsup:

great to see a 36er winning the yearling scr,great dog .niceone ray and mary :luck: :luck: :luck:

great to see a 36er winning the yearling scr,great dog .niceone ray and mary :luck: :luck: :luck:
yes it was i didnt have chance to say congrats to ray & mary coz we went home straight after the race :cheers: well done :cheers: must say a was a bit worried in case any got hurt :unsure:

well done to all the winners, we had a fab weekend the weather was good to us,big well done to john & angela with parada :thumbsup: shay ran brill we only had 3 weeks to get him ready because injury to his toe :sweating:well done to all the workers they work realy hard to get this event on :thumbsup:
Can't believe I forgot to put well done to Sean,you and Shay Decca:wacko: Can only blame it on the travelling :lol: Was great to see Shay running like we all know he can :thumbsup: More wins to come ;)

at the derby there was a man doing a video did he ever put any up for sale

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back