The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

3rd July Pencarrow House Nr Bodmin

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi Debs think you got your wires crossed, i havent asked a question about the stud dog you used with Gyp, you know my thoughts on the breeding its top class cause i have one of my own from bigland boy. Feel it is a shame you have to be one or the other (lurcher/non ped) they are all the same in my eyes, again minorities ruin it for the rest of us. :unsure:

It not my thing, to have a slanging match on here and I'm not intending to now, Just feel that some people are very much missing the point (probably something to do with all the dummies and dollies flying around)NOBODY said that Non-peds, grews, (call them what you like) couldn't run at the show, I was asked if I could simply run some racing for "slower all round Lurchers " and then some racing for Faster purpose breed racing dogs, So not wanting to be the one to tell anyone they cant run in the racing we came up with the idea that, to run in the working Lurcher racing a dog must enter in at least one other event, thus to test a dogs stamina and ability to do more than one event as has been mentioned before.

So to appreciate the fact that there will be people who don't intend to put their dogs in the coursing, or jumping events there would be two separate open straight races for unders and overs, Therefore trying to provide something for everyone.

WHY WAS THIS SO WRONG??

Although I don't have anything against Whipper X Greys, I'm not into non-ped racing and never will be as I think there's more to a crossbred running dog than just that, As many of you will already know.

But before you shoot me down!! this is just my opinion!! if it's not yours then that's fine.

But one thing does confuse me :wacko: and I would love someone to enlighten me, WHY do non-ped whippet people not want to run their dogs against each other at a lurcher show??

After all when whippets come to a lurcher show and then are told they cant run in the under 21" lurcher race but we will run a whippet race for them, They are over the moon and not a dummy in sight :-

Now to answer your question mck! as I'v said I'v nothing against whippet x greys and as we weren't 100% sure what was in Gyp but wanted both these breeds in the pups we went to a non-ped to, cut a corner as it were, so why not go for a good one?

As for a dog running at this show with or without stitches what ever the case may be! the dog in question looked fine , was not in any discomfort or distressed in any way, I'd be very suprised if there wern't other dogs carring an injury of some sort! so why single this one out?

Having said my bit, now I'd like to thank all who mucked in to help us we really cant do it without this sort of help from volunteers like yourselves.

Also congrats to all the winners, REALLY pleased with my little Whippet, Gry X NUTCASE for whinning the hurdles on her second time of entering.

Also big well done to Liz & Tish, It's a thankless task to organize a show, and what a venue, absolutely stunning.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:luck: :luck: :luck: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It not my thing, to have a slanging match on here and I'm not intending to now, Just feel that some people are very much missing the point (probably something to do with all the dummies and dollies flying around)NOBODY said that Non-peds, grews, (call them what you like) couldn't run at the show, I was asked if I could simply run some racing for "slower all round Lurchers " and then some racing for Faster purpose breed racing dogs, So not wanting to be the one to tell anyone they cant run in the racing we came up with the idea that, to run in the working Lurcher racing a dog must enter in at least one other event, thus to test a dogs stamina and ability to do more than one event as has been mentioned before.

So to appreciate the fact that there will be people who don't intend to put their dogs in the coursing, or jumping events there would be two separate open straight races for unders and overs, Therefore trying to provide something for everyone.

WHY WAS THIS SO WRONG??

Although I don't have anything against Whipper X Greys, I'm not into non-ped racing and never will be as I think there's more to a crossbred running dog than just that, As many of you will already know.

But before you shoot me down!! this is just my opinion!! if it's not yours then that's fine.

But one thing does confuse me :wacko: and I would love someone to enlighten me, WHY do non-ped whippet people not want to run their dogs against each other at a lurcher show??

After all when whippets come to a lurcher show and then are told they cant run in the under 21" lurcher race but we will run a whippet race for them, They are over the moon and not a dummy in sight :-

Now to answer your question mck! as I'v said I'v nothing against whippet x greys and as we weren't 100% sure what was in Gyp but wanted both these breeds in the pups we went to a non-ped to, cut a corner as it were, so why not go for a good one?

As for a dog running at this show with or without stitches what ever the case may be! the dog in question looked fine , was not in any discomfort or distressed in any way, I'd be very suprised if there wern't other dogs carring an injury of some sort! so why single this one out?

Having said my bit, now I'd like to thank all who mucked in to help us we really cant do it without this sort of help from volunteers like yourselves.

Also congrats to all the winners, REALLY pleased with my little Whippet, Gry X NUTCASE for whinning the hurdles on her second time of entering.

Also big well done to Liz & Tish, It's a thankless task to organize a show, and what a venue, absolutely stunning.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Here Here Kev

Hope your both well ,it will be nice to see you at a show again soon :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ok here we go,lol

yrs ago i would of got drawn right into this and been kicked of now for what i still beleave being the truth so for the last time on this subject i will say how I see it,

but 1st say well done to kev and debs for putting a great show on with the organisers and if you lot keep goin as you are these will be the next 2 to throw the towel in and there will be non for you down here,

right,

1st i looked at leia when di came over to say hello and she was in outstanding condition and the stiches where out so i would question anyone who says she wasnt 100% ok to run,

2nd this non ped thing,

i dont agree in runing non peds at lurcher shows against lurchers there NOT lurchers there grews or non peds kev and debs have said they will put on an event to run the non peds against each other and thats why where gettin this bitchin non ped owners want to run against underdogs not each other bit unfair in my eyes,

i used to enter my dogs in every event like some others do and many a show walked away with a trophy from every event with the same dog,i have never seen the non ped owners doing this why?????

why do they wait all day just to run there non peds in a lurcher race???why not participate in everything like a lurcher does,cant have it both ways.

iam not having a go at anyone here just stating as i see it,but i have asked this question many time before and maybe 1 of you will answer me,

kat is a 22 inch rough coated lurcher she beat more non peds then they beat her by a long way now why when i asked to race her at a non ped track did they say NO???????

so why not just all get on support the racing and the local shows and take these events from strengh to strengh iam as competitive as the man or women standing next to me but theres no reason to slag and slate another persons dog the animal just trys to please us i couldnt see most of the owners runin up a track in the middle of summer to please the dog,or jumping over hurdles for a rossette,lol

atb mb

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to you all this does not go on up the country so why down here :blink:Glad im away from it all,very happy with the sport im in now and will never look back.Was just saying my bit as lurcher shows used to be so well attended down these parts now look at the state of it.Good luck Kev and debs for future shows but knowing some of the poeple that attend them there find something to fall out about in the future :wacko: :luck: ;)

Good luck to you all this does not go on up the country so why down here :blink:Glad im away from it all,very happy with the sport im in now and will never look back.Was just saying my bit as lurcher shows used to be so well attended down these parts now look at the state of it.Good luck Kev and debs for future shows but knowing some of the poeple that attend them there find something to fall out about in the future :wacko: :luck: ;)
i agree with you there russel its never been like this up country,

but i seen my fair share of :rant: :rant: at up country shows fella

but once upon a time the best shows and most competitive events where held in cornwall,most shows where 2 day events with everything from racing to high jump,

Any chance of a full list of results please ???...................Thanks

I think the organizers,should be congratulated for attempting to ensure racing for all.I still cannot see what the problem is with whippet/greyhound crosses,taking part in any event.At the end of the day they are bred to chase and hopefully catch,which in my eyes is what lurchers are all about.Feel really sorry for any whippet/greyhound owners in Cornwall,they are very restricted,if they want to race in non ped racing.The price of fuel means folk will have to pick and choose where they run.Agree with Mark,that some of the best shows in the country took place in Cornwall,and there were a few more whippet/greyhound owners who took part then also.Rather than discriminate against them,wouldn't it be better to welcome them in and if Kevs idea is the way forward to encourage them to come,then good on ya :thumbsup: Some folk are under the misconception that whippet/greyhounds can run in a straight line only,and wouldn't be able to jump things put infront of them i.e. hurdles. This is so wrong.Just give owners the chance to take part,and i'm sure some will take you up on the offer. :thumbsup: I know you don't want to comment again Mark (w00t) :lol: but which non ped club,wouldn't give you the oppertunity to give Kat a run?We have quite a few lurchers come and run at our club.Providing you've schooled your dog and it can run out of traps,would think anybody would be happy to time your dog and then perhaps give it the relevant yardage needed,should you want to give it a race with non peds.Unless ofcourse it's over 32lb in weight,then ofcourse it would have to run off a level break :thumbsup:

wasn't at this show so don't know the ins and outs of it, but kev and debs always seem to do a good job and are fair to everyone. i know my little lurcher, a 19 inch bedlington whippet, doesn't really have a chance racing against whippets and non-peds but he enjoys it and always tries hard. at the end of the day the main thing is he can catch rabbits and is a good worker. think people take racing at shows a bit too seriously is meant to be a bit of fun! :thumbsup:

ok here we go,lolyrs ago i would of got drawn right into this and been kicked of now for what i still beleave being the truth so for the last time on this subject i will say how I see it,

but 1st say well done to kev and debs for putting a great show on with the organisers and if you lot keep goin as you are these will be the next 2 to throw the towel in and there will be non for you down here,

right,

1st i looked at leia when di came over to say hello and she was in outstanding condition and the stiches where out so i would question anyone who says she wasnt 100% ok to run,

2nd this non ped thing,

i dont agree in runing non peds at lurcher shows against lurchers there NOT lurchers there grews or non peds kev and debs have said they will put on an event to run the non peds against each other and thats why where gettin this bitchin non ped owners want to run against underdogs not each other bit unfair in my eyes,

i used to enter my dogs in every event like some others do and many a show walked away with a trophy from every event with the same dog,i have never seen the non ped owners doing this why?????

why do they wait all day just to run there non peds in a lurcher race???why not participate in everything like a lurcher does,cant have it both ways.

iam not having a go at anyone here just stating as i see it,but i have asked this question many time before and maybe 1 of you will answer me,

kat is a 22 inch rough coated lurcher she beat more non peds then they beat her by a long way now why when i asked to race her at a non ped track did they say NO???????

so why not just all get on support the racing and the local shows and take these events from strengh to strengh iam as competitive as the man or women standing next to me but theres no reason to slag and slate another persons dog the animal just trys to please us i couldnt see most of the owners runin up a track in the middle of summer to please the dog,or jumping over hurdles for a rossette,lol

atb mb
so what about the litter brothers and sisters of registered non peds that aren't registered there still whip/greys and its ok for them to run.... i dont understand all this :wacko: :wacko: i also think that kevs idea to run non peds together is a good idea :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i think the main objection is that grews aint lurchers and when people run shows they advertise them as lurcher shows ,if on the other hand they described them as long dog and lurcher shows the argument would dissapear, and run 2 dog heats in straight racing would even it out,just my opinon,

i think the main objection is that grews aint lurchers and when people run shows they advertise them as lurcher shows ,if on the other hand they described them as long dog and lurcher shows the argument would dissapear, and run 2 dog heats in straight racing would even it out,just my opinon,
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

in my opinion they are all mongrels.

there is no pedigree for a lurcher or a grew or a longdog.

times change, dogs get faster, just like athletes..

to me any dog that brings food to the table regardless of its breeding is a lurcher.

sorry i mean mongrel (w00t)

anyway years ago grews had bull bred into them to make them more muscular.

so is a bull breed a working dog. who cares.

the old days are gone and things have changed, people are more serious about there racing now.

gone are the days of the lure being powered by a jacked up car with the tyre removed

and a couple of hay bales at the end, being chased by a couple of collie crossess. (proper lurchers ) (w00t)

sorry mongrels (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

just my opinion (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

but would there be an argument with,someone who races a saluki/deerhound (longdog) cross.? :- and if Mark was so happy with Kats performances,why did he want to speed up her pups by mating her with a non ped.You would have thought that he would have gone type to type,to hopefully reproduce what he's got already :thumbsup: but then if he initially intended to carry on going to shows,and wanted to be in with a chance of winning,he had the right idea,use one of the best non peds,that not only could run (holds the record for most titles),but could also produce the speed in his offspring and hopefully Kats pups would be in with a chance against whippet/greyhound crosses at shows. ;) Can't for the life of me see why you changed your mind Mark :wacko: :lol:

but would there be an argument with,someone who races a saluki/deerhound (longdog) cross.? :- and if Mark was so happy with Kats performances,why did he want to speed up her pups by mating her with a non ped.You would have thought that he would have gone type to type,to hopefully reproduce what he's got already :thumbsup: but then if he initially intended to carry on going to shows,and wanted to be in with a chance of winning,he had the right idea,use one of the best non peds,that not only could run (holds the record for most titles),but could also produce the speed in his offspring and hopefully Kats pups would be in with a chance against whippet/greyhound crosses at shows. ;) Can't for the life of me see why you changed your mind Mark :wacko: :lol:
YOUR A NAUGHTY LADY KAREN TRYING TO GET ME TO BITE,

RIGHT WHEN I BRED KAT I BRED HER TO A TOP CLASS LAMPING DOG AS SHE IS TOP CLASS HER SELF AS WE ALL KNOW,

MY MAIN INTEREST IS LAMPING THEN FERRETING THEN WELL DOWN THE LADDER RUNING PLASTIC BAGS,I SHOWED YOU ALL A PROPER WELL BRED WORKIN LURCHER WILL SHOW YOU SHOW PONIES HOW ITS DONE AND BY GOD SHE DID,LOL

IAM WELL HAPPY WITH MY PUPS AND I WILL BREED KAT AGAIN KAREN TO THAT TOP CLASS NON PED AND HOPEFULLY REPRODUCE ANOTHER KAT, FOR MY SELF AND A COUPLE OF FRIENDS ITS JUST MAKING SURE THE DOG IS THE RIGHT ONE ........

NOW STOP TRYING TO GET ME TO ARGUE IVE RETIRED FROM THAT DEPARTMENT

RIGHT WHEN I BRED KAT I BRED HER TO A TOP CLASS LAMPING DOG AS SHE IS TOP CLASS HER SELF AS WE ALL KNOW,

MY MAIN INTEREST IS LAMPING THEN FERRETING THEN WELL DOWN THE LADDER RUNING PLASTIC BAGS,I SHOWED YOU ALL A PROPER WELL BRED WORKIN LURCHER WILL SHOW YOU SHOW PONIES HOW ITS DONE AND BY GOD SHE DID,LOL

IAM WELL HAPPY WITH MY PUPS AND I WILL BREED KAT AGAIN KAREN TO THAT TOP CLASS NON PED AND HOPEFULLY REPRODUCE ANOTHER KAT, FOR MY SELF AND A COUPLE OF FRIENDS ITS JUST MAKING SURE THE DOG IS THE RIGHT ONE ........

You going soft in your old age mate :lol: It's great to speak to you again,and george says hello :thumbsup:

A man with 40 years of knowing all about the working dog turned down that stud dog (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) ;) And you have seen it all know folks the man who does not have one good thing to say about whippetxghds wants to use one in his breeding,so whats all the fuss about then Mark :blink: :wacko: :teehee: :thumbsup: .

You going soft in your old age mate :lol: It's great to speak to you again,and george says hello :thumbsup:
I'm never gonna live this down,but George also said.Kats one bitch he'd love to own and his words ' A proper dog' (w00t) :thumbsup:

Dont make his head any bigger than it already is Karen lol :lol: i've said the same to him before to great for hunting :thumbsup:

OH RUSSEL,

I LIKE NON PEDS KATS MOTHER WAS A NON PED NOT A LURCHER A NON PED,LOL

KAT IS BY FAR THE BEST DOG IVE SEEN AND THATS NOT BECAUSE SHES IN MY KENNEL SHE JUST HAS SOMETHING THAT WE ALL WANT IN DOGS

SORRY TO COME ACROSS BIG HEADED RUSSEL BUT I SAY IT AS I SEE IT,

AND I ALWAYS SAID GEORGE KNEW WHAT HE WAS ON ABOUT ;) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back