The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Big Hairy Thing

BeeJay

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I just managed to get him in the lens before he shot past. :wub:

Just before his mad moment.

Showing his dislocated tail. :(

Lovely boy! Can't they do anything for a dislocated tail?? I can understand a fractured tail ending up kinked but surely if it is only dislocated it can be relocated (like toes/shoulders etc)!!

He damaged his tail wagging it as a puppy at Alan when he came home. Of course it would have been Alan's fault wouldn't it. :lol:

We pulled and pulled it as soon as it happened, the vet did the same. I think that the ligaments? on the one side snapped. So it just goes back like that. Nothing to keep it straight. The vet did say that I could have it docked. (w00t) :lol:

When he was a puppy his tail dragged on the ground. I must find some photos of him as a puppy as he was your type of colour.

Looking at him now it's hard to imagine that I was disappointed that he wasn't hairy as a pup. :oops: I brush him every couple of days but his coat is still very hairy and he still looks like he's been dragged through a hedge backwards within 10 mins of the brushing.

dessie said:
Lovely boy!  Can't they do anything for a dislocated tail??  I can understand a fractured tail ending up kinked but surely if it is only dislocated it can be relocated (like toes/shoulders etc)!!

No they won't do anything due to the tail being connected to the back .......My vets wouldn't do anything for Jacob after Benjamin stood on his tail :( ......and they certainly endup with a kink (w00t) ........Must say though that I think ALL the best dogs have a slight kink in their tails :- " lol ........

BHT looks lovely btw :D ......Even if he is in SNOW :D

Wow. What a magnificent big hairy thing. You are so lucky to have such a stunning dog (with or without a dislocated tail) I think he is wonderful. :wub:

Think if you never pointed it out Beejay, it would not have been that noticeable, he's a fine hound :thumbsup:

Know bitch which has a fused bone near the bottom of her tail - noticeable only really when she's gone over when showing...one benefit is the bitches tend to keep their tails down...but she's done well in the show ring, never effected her working etc...

...lovely pictures :D

I was thinking on something this morning when i had to cut short mine playing in the snow to get on...I could have watched them all day (and they would have continued to delight in it)...what is it about snow and dogs, though I only am basing that on dogs I've had (mainly longdogs of pedigree unknown :lol: ) and been brought up with (spaniels-although they do have the tendancy to amass big clumps of snow on their coats)...they have all adored snow, WHY? Are all dogs big bairns at heart?

hes is lovy :wub: :wub: allways wanted a big hary dog like him but I carnt have one :( . lacey quiet agrres about all the best dogs having a kink in there talies she had one when we got her dont know what coused it but It all adds to her caricter :D

BEAUTIFUL big hairy boy :huggles: funny ar'nt they the snow seems to bring out the crazy loopy side in them (w00t) (w00t)

He loves the snow. He's not too good with the summer heat and he positively hates the rain.

Poor little Mouse shot up the garden to play and then was faced with a very, very keen Tally. (w00t) Scared the Mouse rigid. Which is the best way to stay when faced with a keen Tally. :lol:

BHTs are gorgeous!! :wub: :wub: Especially that one! :wub: :wub: o:) :wub:

I missed this at first lovely pics of the big hairy boy having fun :wub: :wub:

aww how lovely :wub: :wub:

looks like he is having a great time :D

I'd love a BHT like that, he's great! :wub:

I would love a close-up of the hairy thing please sometime. :wub: :wub:

Thanks folks. I'll have to take some more photos of him.

I've got some lovely ones of him somewhere but I can't find them. :b

I've got some of him and Whizz as puppies with Whizz which are very cute.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back