The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A ferrety update

Thought we were due another dose of the boy! It's been over a year now since we lost Iggy and by some miracle Goose is still with us! This last week though he has been a bit more down than up... The pain meds he's on have been maintaining him really well but this weekend I've had to increase his dose a wee bit as he was showing consistent signs of being uncomfortable. He didn't even get out of bed on Friday which is not like him at all... He did seem happier again this morning and even had a mad play, albeit short lived, so, so far so good! I still have a bit of wiggle room with his dosing, he's not on the max yet, so back to monitoring him day by day and spoiling him rotten!!😇😇

Enjoy the photos!😊 The coloured duster is his new fave toy, I've even had him in and out of tubes playing chase with it! (Something he hasn't done since he lost his brother).

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    521 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    520.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    466 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    498.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    436.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    523.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    340 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot (15).png
    Screenshot (15).png
    278 KB · Views: 7
He is a rather wonderful boy! My daughter's gone off to uni now too, so I was worried if he'd be missing her. Even though I've always done everything for all my lot, he was really bonded with her. But he seems to be coping ok, I think it's helped that over the last year she's not been around quite as much so it's eased him into her going altogether, phew! I think I'm his favourite now, he ignored her for 2 days when she got back from holiday in the summer!!😂

Gorgeous boy :) I used to have a duster just like that - the cat used to try to make babies with it 🤣

Just thought I'd share a few pics of my boys, Sid (old man), Goose and Iggy (naughty brothers!). It turns out the brothers were only half neuteredo_O..when we adopted them we were told they had both only had one ball removed as the other couldn't be found, (sure there's a song about that!). Since seeing my vet and maturing a bit, it is most likely they both have one hiding inside somewhere, as my vet kindly pointed out that they smelt like entire boys!!:eek:..only ever having girls and our lovely Sid before, I just presumed their stink was a boy thing!! Kinda used to it by now, so hey ho:).. Sid must be approaching 7 years by now and the Goose and Iggy will be 3years old this year. All rescues and much loved nutballs!:D
Hope you like the pics...;) Hard to get a pic of Goose as he's a bit quick! And yes, the brothers are wearing a black jumper my daughter made them at Christmas, Iggy quite likes it, not sure about Goose though! The one with the box is Iggy trying to hide his monkey in my box of records! Monkey gets everywhere... Oh yes and they all really loved the flippity floppity fish I got them for xmas!
So adorable 🥰

I was taking a video of him this morning to send to daughter and I got a really lovely one of him being all cute in the sun on her bed, unfortunately I'd forgotten to press record!!!:rolleyes: My second attempt wasn't much better, I'd pressed record, check, had him in focus standing in front of me and as he walked away I realized he had been having a poo!!! And yes I did send that one!🤣 Sharing is caring as they say!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back