The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Few Last Night

Towzer

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
went out with a good friend last night on his permission in the northumbrian moors,the weather was atrocious with driving rain an gale force winds, but our 2 dogs still managed to bag 28 big healthy bunnies for the pot :thumbsup: my dog bagging 13 of em :cheers: for looking

PB090028.jpg

ps it was a 300 mile round trip and 12 hour shift :lol: but worth every mile :cheers:

great job well done he weather over here is like the middle of the summer very hot and no wind or rain :(

Nice one Towzer :thumbsup: 28 (w00t)

Now that's what it's all about.Nice one mate. ...Billy...

now thats what a lurcher forum should be about :thumbsup: theres not many on here who can go out tonight and catch them nus,are will drive 300 miles in bad weather to catch them nus,good on you mark

nice 1 towzer :cheers:

whos permission woz u on any one we know

give us a name n i;ll tell u if i know him or her :cheers:

markbrick said:
now thats what a lurcher forum should be about :thumbsup: theres not many on here who can go out tonight and catch them nus,are will drive 300 miles in bad weather to catch them nus,good on you mark
OK I'm prepared to be smacked down here but here goes:

Firstly - Towzer, congrats on an obviously good night. Great looking dogs and the result shows the amount of time and effort you put into them.

Secondly - I agree that a lurcher forum should embrace hunting and the reality of running lurchers but I'm not convinced that photos are necessary. I am 100% pro hunting in all it's forms and love seeing working dogs in action. I just don't know about this forum as I think photos of dead furry beasties, especially large bags, can be detrimental to the future of country sports in the UK where laws that affect the countryside and it's pursuits are in effect really made by people living in cities.

Photos such as these are an honest, perfectly legal and true representation of what lurchers are capable of when owned by people who know what they are doing. My fear is when large catches are shown in glorious technicolor the bunny huggers see 2 dogs taking 28 rabbits then start doing the maths and wonder just how many rabbits are being killed by these bloodthirsty lurchers across the country. Suddenly every lurcher is a hunting dog which must mean many thousands of innocent bunnies are being slaughtered every night for fun.

Everybody involved in shooting/hunting/country sports knows what happens at a shoot or a night's lamping. To those actually involved a photograph is a memento of a memorable day. But taken out of context the same photo in a public forum frequented by non-hunters and anti-hunters can also be interpreted as hunters bragging about their kills. We've lost enough of our rights already without sticking our heads above the parapets even more. I don't personally mind if the voting public stays ignorant about what happens outside the towns and cities. It's when they start noticing I get worried. Putting hunt pics on forums like moochers is OK with me as if you are not pro-hunt then why look there. I expect to see dead animals on a hunting site.

Please Towzer I'm not taking a swipe at you personally, just a general observation.

Perhaps I'm being over-sensitive about upsetting the antis but I can no longer shoot a handgun, can't carry a decent knife on my person and can no longer buy an airgun by mail order. I don't want to have to muzzle my dogs in public because folks are offended by photos of dead vermin.

cheers for your your comments on the dogs grendel :cheers: but for the rest of the reply i dont agree at all with your comments :( i dont want to get into a slagging match or argument mate,so we will agree to disagree :* :cheers:

can understand what your saying here but is this not an all dog forum be it hunting lure coursing and pets,its not boasting bout the catch but being proud of the catch and being proud of your dog its not easy at all to catch rabbits like this it takes skill on bout parts,if there was 20 odd rats there would you have the same post,nd still i know where your coming from theres alot of preying eyes on the forum but what are we supposed to do if we cant show our dogs progress o friends on this forum who can we show them to,why do anything with a dog at all :- "

just a taught im a member on a falconry forum in which they kill everything with there birds they post all sots of pics of it and theres never anything said and no other member give out about antis or the like,its just weird

just my 2cents ross

:cheers: irish pup :thumbsup: by the way chippy what fish an chip shop do you work in? any i know? :thumbsup:

grendel said:
markbrick said:
OK I'm prepared to be smacked down here but here goes:

Firstly - Towzer, congrats on an obviously good night. Great looking dogs and the result shows the amount of time and effort you put into them.

Secondly - I agree that a lurcher forum should embrace hunting and the reality of running lurchers but I'm not convinced that photos are necessary. I am 100% pro hunting in all it's forms and love seeing working dogs in action. I just don't know about this forum as I think photos of dead furry beasties, especially large bags, can be detrimental to the future of country sports in the UK where laws that affect the countryside and it's pursuits are in effect really made by people living in cities.

Photos such as these are an honest, perfectly legal and true representation of what lurchers are capable of when owned by people who know what they are doing. My fear is when large catches are shown in glorious technicolor the bunny huggers see 2 dogs taking 28 rabbits then start doing the maths and wonder just how many rabbits are being killed by these bloodthirsty lurchers across the country. Suddenly every lurcher is a hunting dog which must mean many thousands of innocent bunnies are being slaughtered every night for fun.

Everybody involved in shooting/hunting/country sports knows what happens at a shoot or a night's lamping. To those actually involved a photograph is a memento of a memorable day. But taken out of context the same photo in a public forum frequented by non-hunters and anti-hunters can also be interpreted as hunters bragging about their kills. We've lost enough of our rights already without sticking our heads above the parapets even more. I don't personally mind if the voting public stays ignorant about what happens outside the towns and cities. It's when they start noticing I get worried. Putting hunt pics on forums like moochers is OK with me as if you are not pro-hunt then why look there. I expect to see dead animals on a hunting site.

Please Towzer I'm not taking a swipe at you personally, just a general observation.

Perhaps I'm being over-sensitive about upsetting the antis but I can no longer shoot a handgun, can't carry a decent knife on my person and can no longer buy an airgun by mail order. I don't want to have to muzzle my dogs in public because folks are offended by photos of dead vermin.

Hiding from the truth does no good ,you should be proud of what your dogs achieve in all forms. Its a lot easier to explain the death of a load of rabbits with dogs, than by gassing or mixy when i return home from a hunting trip pre ban local kids would rush round to see the the results.Dead hares pheasant or any other game the dogs had caught i would explain to Evey body the reasons why over time 99%except and under stand why, its this creeping about and trying to appease an ties witch lost us the right to hunt.So keep up the good work Towzer p.s your dogs are a credit to you. :thumbsup: :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back