The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Horrible Shock!!

pippywhippet

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, I am still in shock!

I have recently started walking and boarding dogs at my home, and was pleased to have a pointy boarder for several weeks. He was due to go home today- so last night, at 12, I took him to the caravan just outside my house, which has been his heated, carpeted bedroom overnight.

I said goodnight and went to bed. I got woken at 2am by my 9 yr old, who was very upset, and crying, saying she had heard someone walking around outside her bedroom window. I told her not to be silly :(

When we got up at 7 the caravan door was open and the dog was gone!! :eek: I drove around the village like a lunatic in the snow and ice shouting and calling, and stopped and asked eveyone I could find. It is a small village and everyone helped look, which was good- but from a selfish point of view I didnt want everyone to think I had 'lost' a dog- what a bad advert!! I was half expecting to find him dead or frozen somewhere :( :'(

Eventually I went home to find my neighbour also upset- he had been woken in the night by banging and people walking up his driveway. At which point I decided the dog had been stolen, and called the police, local radio, dog warden, etc; all the time dreading the owners calling to pick their dog up.

And then..... The owners appeared at the door.... with missing dog :rant: They arrived home at 2am and thought they would collect him without telling me!!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: I was sooo pleased he was safe, but so upset and angry. I cried for ages.

Cant believe someone could be so thoughtless, he has been part of our family for nearly a month :(

that is absolutley disgracefull no body in there right mind would do that . as an animal lover you could understand someone wanting to see there dog but im sure you would have rather had a phone call at 2 in the morning geting you out of bed than waking up to that. the distress its caused you your daughter and the nighbours is unforgivable i would be sorley tempted to report them for breaking and entering to the police also for theft of the dog as it was in your care at the time.

What very inconsiderate people :angry:

What a stupid thing to do :angry:

I don't know how you managed to control yourself. How totally selfish and inconsiderate.

Well done you for doing all you could for the hound in your care. 8)

You have to feel sorry for their dog don't you?....he has to live with them!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Keep warm and safe! :thumbsup:

Hannah x

I don't know how you managed to control yourself. How totally selfish and inconsiderate.

How thoughtless can you get, you must have been so worried :(

It seems such an odd thing to do and not even leave a note or anything - do you think they might have been making a point about him being in a caravan where someone could walk up and take him?

Paula, that is a terrible thing to have to go through!!!

You poor thing :(

I hope they realised how much grief they caused by not informing you of their actions :eek:

I'm just gobsmacked.

Of course I understand missing your dog and wanting to be with it as soon as possible. I don't think I would ever have the cheek to come on someone's property and just take it, BUT if I did I would certainly leave a note to say thanks so much and I didn't want to be apart another minute and would call you later in the day.

At the VERY least!

I hope you were very clear the stress they put you and all your neighbours through...

Wendy

How thoughtless can you get, you must have been so worried :(
It seems such an odd thing to do and not even leave a note or anything - do you think they might have been making a point about him being in a caravan where someone could walk up and take him?

Well, I have learned my lesson and will hide the keys in future.. it was locked but keys were there :(

I have spoken with them since- I couldnt at the time properly- they are very apologetic as I think they realise how upsetting the whole thing was. I am just so grateful he is ok, he is such a sweetheart. :wub:

My god :eek: :eek: ................how awful,what a thing to do?????? Not very considerate at all!!

Hope you are now ok :huggles: :huggles:

(w00t) What stupid irresponsible inconsiderate people.... :rant:

just as well the dog is safe....but how safe I wonder with folks like that....

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back