The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Little Good Luck For Ginni Please

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sorry to hear Ginni has been having a tough time :( Becka

Hope the new ab's do the trick for Ginni :luck:

Thinking of you both :huggles:

fetch18.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry to hear about Ginni :( Thinking of you and Ginni :huggles: hope that the AB's work and she starts to make a good recovery :luck:

What a roller coaster of emotions you have all been through over the last few weeks. :unsure: Hope Ginni gets better with the new AB's and is back to her normal self soon. :luck: Thinking of you all at this stressful and emotional time :luck:

beaker said:
time for an update on the ginster i feel,
there is good and bad news

the 1st course of AB's 6 weeks ago helped to reduce her coughing and her food change got her glucose levels back to normal :thumbsup:

but then 4 weeks ago she was given a second course of AB's as the cough hadn't completely cleared, this second course gave her a bad reaction where her temp went sky high and she couldn't walk she was in so much pain :( she spent 2 weeks on anti-inflam to get her steady again but she had developed an alergy to said AB's and couldn't be given them again  :(

i've been at a loss as to what to do, with all the AB's she's had and the Pasturella infection setting in firmly poor gin has been in a right old state,

with no gut flora left after the AB's she hasn't been absorbing her food and has been wasting away in front of us despite having 3 meals a day, the Pasturella bac in her respiritory system has caused sores in her mouth and on her tongue and beacuse of the vile, toxin leaking nature of the bacteria she has now developed toxicity in her joints making it hard and painfull for her to get on.

we went back to the vets again to day half prepared to have to do the kindest thing :'(

i've never trudged so wearily into that surgery

I got the top man today at the vets, he was with us for nearly an hour going over everything we've had done with a fine tooth comb and after some searching and consultation with the labs has hopefully found an all singing all dancing AB that Gin won't react to  :luck:   :luck:   :luck:

so we are back to fingers crossed, wait and see  :luck:   :luck:   :luck:

:huggles: :huggles:

So sorry things have took a turn for the worst.... :(

what a relief though that the vet has found something that will hopefully work......Best of luck :luck: :wub: Ginny :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a worrying and upsetting time you've had. Sending lots of get well wishes to Ginni :huggles: :luck:

Jill

Oh wow, poor Ginni and poor you. I really hope these new ABs work. Tons of luck :luck: :luck:

pray that Ginni will get better...what a nightmare time for you. :huggles: :huggles:

June Jonigk said:
Sorry to hear your news.  Perhaps you could try her on Yakult to put back some positive bacteria, or some other live yoghurt?
:luck: Good luck with the treatment.

with this particular bacteria apparently it's not a good idea to give anything dairy but i've had her on acidopholous(sp?), lacto bac, L.casai etc tablets :thumbsup: which has helped her loads already :sweating: certainly seems to have helped reduce the gross breath and hyper-salivation :x

the vet today said pasturella bacteria isn't normal in dogs at all but is often found naturaly in rabbits :blink: so no more bunnies for ginni :- "

she had her first dose of the new all singing all dancing AB this morning and so far, touch wood, seems ok on them :luck: :luck: :luck:

beaker said:
June Jonigk said:
Sorry to hear your news.  Perhaps you could try her on Yakult to put back some positive bacteria, or some other live yoghurt?
:luck: Good luck with the treatment.

with this particular bacteria apparently it's not a good idea to give anything dairy but i've had her on acidopholous(sp?), lacto bac, L.casai etc tablets :thumbsup: which has helped her loads already :sweating: certainly seems to have helped reduce the gross breath and hyper-salivation :x

the vet today said pasturella bacteria isn't normal in dogs at all but is often found naturaly in rabbits :blink: so no more bunnies for ginni :- "

she had her first dose of the new all singing all dancing AB this morning and so far, touch wood, seems ok on them :luck: :luck: :luck:

Oh my goodness!!

The ups and downs you hae been through!! but thankfully your on the up at present im sure the acidophilus tablets have helped her,as we know antibiotics play havoc with our systems let alone a dogs have you heard of Echinaecea/goldenseal tincture? this is very good for the immune system and fights bacteria i always give it to my lad when hes coughing and it works a treat im very big on boosting the immune system for us and the dogs :))

well we are sending Ginni all the luck in the world and praying that she will go from strength to strength :luck: :luck: :luck:

fingers crossed for ginni i hope this new AB works and shes better soon :luck: :thumbsup:

thankyou soo very much everyone for the good vibes for Gin :huggles:

she was the first one out in my first whippy litter so is a wee bit special :wub:

ask anyone who knows her and they will tell you she has the heart of a lion, so to have watched her decline from the cheeky spirit she was, to a depressed shadow who hardly gets out of her bed now has been heartbreaking.

Mr.Vet was great this morning with her, he's given me some confidence back in their practice :thumbsup: he is hopefull that these AB's will have Gin show a marked improvement within a week... god i hope so... please, please, please :luck: :luck: :luck:

i've also got her booked in for another session of accupuncture on her immune points next week, so hopefully we'll get it from all angles :thumbsup:

beaker said:
thankyou soo very much everyone for the good vibes for Gin  :huggles:
she was the first one out in my first whippy litter so is a wee bit special  :wub:

ask anyone who knows her and they will tell you she has the heart of a lion, so to have watched her decline from the cheeky spirit she was, to a depressed shadow who hardly gets out of her bed now has been heartbreaking.

Mr.Vet was great this morning with her, he's given me some confidence back in their practice  :thumbsup: he is hopefull that these AB's will have Gin show a marked improvement within a week... god i hope so... please, please, please  :luck:   :luck:   :luck:

i've also got her booked in for another session of accupuncture on her immune points next week, so hopefully we'll get it from all angles  :thumbsup:

Lots and Lots of Luck :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Oh Becky, how on earth did I miss this thread?! Wishing you and the beautiful Ginni all the best. x

gosh she's been ill a long time, :luck: and lots of :huggles: to you both for a turn for the better to get her well again

I'm so, so sorry that you have had to endure her being poorly for such a long time now. It is so hard watching them ill, my heart goes out to you :huggles: At least you have some positive steps in place with your vet, and good on you for trying acupuncture - as you say, hit it from all angles. Best of luck, I hope she is soon back to form :thumbsup:

Im so sorry, you must be so worried about her, :( Good luck :luck: :huggles:

Bloody hell Becka, so sorry this has took hold of Ginni so badly. :( I don't know if this is similar but when I had cellulitis I had massive doses of AB's that wiped out the bacteria in my body and I was given pro-biotics to boost my dwindling good bacteria. I have to say they helped immensly so it might be worth asking the vet?

Got everything crossed that the new AB's kick the pasturella's ass!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Sending lots of :huggles: to Ginni!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back