The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Question ...

Becca17

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, i came accross this forum, but im confused, is it okay to have a dog that isnt a whippet...? sorry to be vague lol.

HI Becca 17 , welcome to K9

You can have any dog you like :thumbsup:

We are mostly whippet people , but love all breeds of dogs . and cats , and snakes etc

What have YOU got

Jackie and the MULCAIR Whippets :huggles:

I have an english springer spaniel, and a cavalier king charles spaniel. But i am getting another cavalier king charles puppy soon!

can you recommend any other forums otherwise, that are doggy related? seems nice here though :)

:cheers: Welcome to K9 Becca :cheers:

Stick around I'm sure you'll have a whippet soon enough :- "

Becca17 said:
Hi, i came accross this forum, but im confused, is it okay to have a dog that isnt a whippet...? sorry to be vague lol.
Yes any dog is OK

BUT it MUST have

A head like a snake,

A neck like a drake

Side like a bream

Back like a beam

Feet of a cat

Tail of a rat.

So - it doesn't really matter as long as it looks like a whippet/greyhound lurcher/longdog

:cheers:

Becca17 said:
I have an english springer spaniel, and a cavalier king charles spaniel. But i am getting another cavalier king charles puppy soon!
can you recommend any other forums otherwise, that are doggy related? seems nice here though :)

I've got a mad springer (as well as 4 whippets) and there's a couple more knocking round on the forum too - welcome to k9!

:lol: No-one mentioned that we like to see lots of pictures. They need to be jpeg and under 75kb. Welcome to K9. I have 3 Whippets a terrier X and have just bred my 1st litter. Actually at the moment I have 10 Whippets (w00t) including the pups

WELCOME TO K9

I have 7 whippets nearly 8 and a mad greyhound

Welcome to K9 Becca 17 feel free to post as many pics of your dogs as you want. :thumbsup:

Cats and snakes (w00t) .

Jax, not so sure if we all like those. the more dogs the merrier though, better still if it's a whippet

welcome to K9 Becca

i grew up with spingers and labradors so pictures for me to 'ahh bless' about are compulsary :thumbsup:

welcome to k9! i myself am owned by 2 staffies, but i have to say i'm drifting towards whippies, lol! just have to convince the OH.... :- "

if what you're looking for is a site that offers friendly advice concerning your dogs, that has pictures that make you laugh, stories that make you cry, great people to share good and bad with... look no further!

ps, i definately prefer cavaliers to plain king charles! did you know that in the early 19 hundreds cavaliers were almost extinct? until a gentleman offered a £2000 reward for good specimens thereof. he single handedly encouraged the continuation of the cavalier, which was actually the original breed. god, i'll just crawl back into my hole now.. i think i read too much :b

Hi Becca, Welcome to K9 - I have 2 whippets but also......3 cats, 8 rabbits, a chinchilla, a hamster and tropical and cold water fish !!! (w00t)

Hi there, as someone fairly new to K9, it seems to me that all you need to be made welcome on here is a love of dogs (and animals in general,) and to be slightly mad.

[SIZE=14pt]Welcome to K9 !!![/SIZE]

Hi Becca,

Welcome to K9 we to have a mixture, 4 whippies, collie x, 7 guineas and a cat, :thumbsup:

Hi Becca, Welcome to K9, this is the bestest dog forum ever. My friend breeds and shows English Springer Spaniels and my whippet thinks he is one. Have another friend who has Cavaliers and they are special little dogs as well.

Enjoy the forum and post lots of pictures.

Jenny

lalena said:
welcome to k9! i myself am owned by 2 staffies, but i have to say i'm drifting towards whippies, lol! just have to convince the OH.... :- " if what you're looking for is a site that offers friendly advice concerning your dogs, that has pictures that make you laugh, stories that make you cry, great people to share good and bad with... look no further!

ps, i definately prefer cavaliers to plain king charles! did you know that in the early 19 hundreds cavaliers were almost extinct? until a gentleman offered a £2000 reward for good specimens thereof. he single handedly encouraged the continuation of the cavalier, which was actually the original breed. god, i'll just crawl back into my hole now.. i think i read too much  :b

Don't crawl into a hole, that is really interesting :D

Juley said:
lalena said:
welcome to k9! i myself am owned by 2 staffies, but i have to say i'm drifting towards whippies, lol! just have to convince the OH.... :- " if what you're looking for is a site that offers friendly advice concerning your dogs, that has pictures that make you laugh, stories that make you cry, great people to share good and bad with... look no further!

ps, i definately prefer cavaliers to plain king charles! did you know that in the early 19 hundreds cavaliers were almost extinct? until a gentleman offered a £2000 reward for good specimens thereof. he single handedly encouraged the continuation of the cavalier, which was actually the original breed. god, i'll just crawl back into my hole now.. i think i read too much  :b

Don't crawl into a hole, that is really interesting :D

(w00t) thats a 1st! everyone i know just groan, and tell me to shut up!

to begin with there was only the king charles. as years went by, pups were born with shorter and shorter muzzles. the gentleman i mentioned became rather distressed and offered that reward. i think, not sure here, he purchased several specimens afterwards and began his own breeding program. coupled with the reward, which was offered for several consecutive years, this caused the long muzzled variety to flourish once more. with help from the kennel club, they managed to get this variety classed as a seperate breed. in deferance to when the breed was first recognised, they became the cavalier king charles spaniel.

phew, took longer to write than i thought,lol :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back