The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Real Whippet Boy!

BlackMoon Magic

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm sorry guys, but i gotta have a bit of a brag on my new boy striker! :wub: I now co own him with Lana, and i got him to show. Until i got him he has only been a show dog but the other day i took him to the track with me, as i also have racing whippets, and on his 1st ever try at racing he ran and attacked the fluff! I am so proud of him! I have been told by many people that a race whippet cannon show and a show whippet cannot race. i already have a lovely black bitch that does but she was taught as a baby to race. Striker has never seen a race track till i took him.... so a show whippet can be a race dog! to me a real whippet should be able to do both if his parents let him! I'm so proud that my beautiful show boy striker IS a real whippet (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

go striker! well done him!!!! :) :thumbsup: beauty brains and :wub:

:D thank you! when he starts racing i'll let everyone know! i think he'll be a good boy :wub:

His great grandad Bobby loved to chase the "bunny" - When we lived in Mt Isa he was a regular on the slip track after his greyhound mates had had their turn. When the greyhound people asked me to take Bob on the real track on a trial night, the operator didn't move the lure fast enough and Bob caught it. (w00t)

Grandma Layla also has a good chase instinct - she escaped from me in Bendigo once chasing real bunny. :oops:

So Go, You Good Thing, Striker - we've got faith in you! :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go Striker!!! I think it is lovely that he gets a chance to do what ALL whippets love and that is....CHASE!! :thumbsup:

[SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS![/SIZE] :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lana, After our show next weekend i'll be taking striker to the race track again. i'll get him going real good then i'll post some photo's for you. I'll even get him in a rug & muzzle! then he'll really look the part (w00t) i'm hoping to qualify him by the 3rd or 4th meeting. we'll just have to see how well he takes to the boxes.

BlackMoon Magic said:
i'm hoping to qualify him by the 3rd or 4th meeting. we'll just have to see how well he takes to the boxes.
Sheesh! He must be alright then!

Oh how proud will I be when I can say I've bred a show and racing dog. :p

give us a few weeks and hopefully you can say it! striker is a very good boy. he's already stole my heart! he just follows me everywhere and loves to get his praises when he's done well :D he would be an adorable boy that i think actually likes to make his mums happy! he just tries from the word go!

Striker update .... unfortunately he's suffered an injury to his foot which kept him out of his first show as he was limping.

He had been treated by one vet and came good for a couple of days but then resumed his limping (because they had just treated the wound and not what was in it). He has now been seen by Vanessa's regular vet and the foot x-rayed from all angles and there was found to be gravel in the foot. So now he's had a little operation to remove all the bits and will be sidelined for another few weeks, missing another few shows he was entered for and putting his racing attempts on hold also for a bit longer.

It's a bit of a shame but we are glad that the vet found what was really ailing him and now when he does "make his Victorian debut" he will be firing on all cylinders. :D

Hi Moonie,

best wishes for the fast and handsome Striker! :luck:

Nice to meet you here!

Vera

thanks for that lana, my poor baby. :( hopefully it won't be too long and he'll be rearing to go! both in the ring and on the track (w00t)

Hello vera! its nice to hear from you again! :lol:

Hi, I show and race my whippet Pye, he won his first race last week and the week before won the limit class at an open show, dual purpose little dog.

He also hunts, which is not good, he cannot be trusted off the lead anymore, he just goes and I have to wait form him to come back. I have got so worried about him hooking himself up on something he has to stay on the lead.

Apart from that he is a dear little dog.

:cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back