The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A & T Miners Wrc

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Some more pic’s to show the brilliant atmosphere in the club and what a fab time everyone had win, lose or draw, i think Jacqui captured the evening's entertainment perfectly in these pictures.

581998_10151107799968627_1604089507_n.jpg

426935_10151107798838627_144592764_n.jpg

251984_10151107797683627_1846508201_n.jpg

599998_10151107797298627_628774126_n.jpg

395999_10151107796368627_905874311_n.jpg

559358_10151107795463627_975133181_n.jpg

376802_10151107793483627_197457233_n.jpg

The race night was topped off with the auction race where money was getting thrown about like it was going out of fashion, some people even bidding against themselves. Big Anth and Stuart both the highest bidders of the night paying £50 for each of their dogs along with other winning bids from Greg, Lisa, Irene, Tam and two wins for the North West Syndicate. Payout for the winner £100 and £50 for 2nd. The North West Syndicate’s winning Afghan trap 2 romping home from Stuart’s dog in 2nd.

532549_10151107791753627_1217255709_n.jpg

581981_10151107790883627_1352401003_n.jpg

581996_10151107789803627_1752965974_n.jpg

599994_10151107788993627_1523727277_n.jpg

600029_10151107787898627_682940945_n.jpg

Once the race night ended people enjoyed another few drinks into the early hours.

Come Sunday morning, people were turning up in droves and once again the sun was shining down on us.

Weigh in ended later than expected as people had got caught up in a traffic jam on the M6. A total of 89 dogs on the programme (up by 42 on last year!) Once the weigh in was finished trials started for the time event, this caught us out a bit as we had 17 dogs all timing in in solos which delayed the start of racing and printing of the programmes, however everyone was very understanding and people were milling about on the field, admiring the display of trophies and keeping Fiona and Gina busy at the food stall.

Racing got underway and hour later than expected

Little Big Man kicked off proceedings with a fine win in the 40lb Scratch followed by a win for yesterdays winner She’s Hell in the No Limit in the fastest time of the weekend. Yearling Scratch was another win for Mick & Lyn’s promising youngster Dot to Dot, once again from brother Spit n Image. Bobby Dazzler had a solo in the Veteran Scratch as did Sweet Chalice in the Puppy Scratch. Ken’s on form Kinda Impact took the 19lb dogs and was followed by a comfortable win from Twist n Pulse in the 23lb Dogs. Heat 1 of the 27lb dogs went to the impressive Never say Never followed by wift Boy storming home in heat 2. An excellent race in heat 1 of the 31lb dogs saw a three way dead heat between Laughing Boy, Comin Thur and the Scottish Dogs Emrys with heat 2 going to Union Jack never looking like getting caught. Vicky’s Toon Barmy caught front runner Bubble Boy in the 35lb Dog. A 5 dog scratch race for the 19lb bitches with very little separating them, the win going to Prada. Spotless took the 23lb Bitches and an impressive finish in the 27lb bitches from Secret Spot saw her secure her place in the final, followed by another impressive finish from Relentless in the 31lb Bitches. Anagram’s flying time the day before saw her the favourite for the 35lb class and she duly obliged on her home track. Arkle lived up to her name in the 25lb Pups in a comfortable win and sister Lola equally impressive took the 35lb pups. Marsh Brook Meave took full advantage of her start and lead to the line in the 25lb Yearlings. A solo for the 35lb Yearling Heygirl in a very fast time. Scottish Dog Achilles took on A & T regular Piccaninny in the 25lb Veterans and won, with a reverse in the 35lb Vets with A & T regular Hellish coming home the winner by a distance.

Heat 1 of the time trial saw a win for the fastest clock of the trials Cookie, Heat 2 going to Dan’s youngster The Machem, a gutsy run from the smallest in the trials (Tam’s “Job Dog” lol) Marc, saw her secure her place in the final.

The biggest handicap of the time in the 35lb & Over class and what a brilliant finish coming from the very brave back marker King Coal undoing the 14yd start he gave away.

Equal runs for Kinda Impact & Twist n Pulse. Another fanstastic run from Swift Boy to take the 27lb dog class. A clear winner this time in the 31lb dogs with Enrys taking the win. A solo equal run from Toon Barmy.

The Supreme Scratch a 2 dog race for Little Big Man and She’s Hell with the latter putting in a late burst to win. Pup Final saw Lola overtake little sister Arkle and take the win. Hey Girl in the Yearling Final showed she will be something to watch to win in another fancy time. Hellish was a popular winner coming from behind in the veteran final and looking fantastic. An excellent race for the Pedigree final with the win going to John & Elaine’s Spud from a fast finishing Nothern Princess. The Dog final looked a cracker on paper but Swift Boy was foot perfect and there was no way he was going to be denied the win once those traps opened, Andy’s Twist n Pulse was a very game runner up. The time trial was won from the traps by the front runner Marc who did as Tam predicted get faster with every run and I’m sure she still had more left in the tank. The overall final, saw two very good and on form animal compete and Secret Spot seemed to be catching Swift Boy at half way until he turned it up a gear, an excellent race for all spectators to watch and to finish the weekend off perfectly. Well done to the pair of you and all the best for the rest of the season.

Mick Livesey gave a speech that I thought was spot on at the presentation and commended whippet racers on their sportsmanship this weekend.

A Brilliant weekend was had by everyone involved in running the open, the lovely comments on the track and organisation / sponsorship goes a long way to making all the stress and time spent leading up to the event worthwhile.

The weekend could not have been as successful if those people attending hadn’t have given up their days off to come and support us and I’d like to thank each and every one of you for attending. After a poor turnout last year we took it hard, a real blow, as you all know the Sunday's open means a lot to me, in memory of a friend (George) and my beloved Grandad (Graham) and we felt devastated that their memory and their open wasn't done justice, we vowed to come back this year bigger and better and offer something for everyone, I hope you all felt that we’d achieved that.

Along with the racers I’d personally like to thank everyone at the club for all mucking together and getting on with things, you’re a great bunch of people and I can’t think of a better bunch of people who I’d like to work alongside. Gina & Fiona were absolute stars, from start to finish and made everyone at the club very proud. Craig, Keith and Mick on the traps were spot alongside Linda who kept everyone in check at the traps. Jacqui helped with just about everything from setting up, taking entries, judging and taking some brilliant photographs. Mark, Andy, Tony & George on the lure, Tony Tent and John, these two can always be relied on to get stuck in and nothing too much trouble. The fantastic kids who all helped out with the lure, fetching and carrying. Andy, Tony & Carl on the photo finish – god knows we needed it! There were loads of other people that helped along the way, too many to mention but it didn’t go un noticed. A massive pat on the back to anyone involved no matter how great or small, it just couldn’t have happened without you.

This year we received very generous sponsors of feed, supplements, dog accessories, jackets, trophies and kind donations from Stuart Thommason £50, Ray Bourne £50 and Stuart Killgallon £100 – you’re all a credit to the sport.

More money than we anticipated was made so payout was as follows:

Dog / Bitch Final

1st £100, 2nd £60, 3rd £40, 4th £25 & 5th £25

Pup / Yearling & Veteran Finals

1st £50 & 2nd £30

Supreme Scratch

1st £75, 2nd £30, 3rd £15, 4th £15, 5th £15.

Great photo's and a smashing write up cheers Vicky :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

great write up great pics looks like everyone had a great time. just to say the reasons we decided to come this year (weve never been b4) wasnt the actual prizes as we never expect to win lol although it wud b very nice. the fact that there was something 4 all dogs to race in was a big attraction in us coming. half a yard a pound doesnt favour the lighter dogs as does the usual yd per 1lb and ive got heavier dogs so that suited me, there was a 40lb race even though mines not that good he cud @ least race with the same weight rather than 45lb and also my little club dog cud actually stand a chance of winning even though she didnt it was a good close race in the time trial event. oh and also lisa told me its a great weekend. :thumbsup: oh and also no more than £12.00 to race however many dogs. even though we only raced 3 it wa still a good thing. :thumbsup:

Well done A & T on a brilliant weekend, its nice to see all the hard work pay off for those involved. Organisers of these events spend many hours trying to make these meetings successful, many talk of times gone by and how it used to be, this is how it still can be with clubs working together and supporting each other. Its good to read the support and appreciation from other whippet racers for those people who work for our sport/hobby, keep up the good work everyone, well done once again A & T, have a few weeks off before you start all over again organising for the next one, you all deserve it :thumbsup:

cant wait for pics hope there on b4 we go to scotland 2moro or il b trying to look on my phone lol

Hi Carol, I finished Saturday's piks at 1am last night but was too tired to sit and wait for them to upload. I'll try and get them on tonight but it's club night at gin pit as well. Sorry, beginning of week is always mental for me but can appreciate your all eager to see.

Hi Carol, I finished Saturday's piks at 1am last night but was too tired to sit and wait for them to upload. I'll try and get them on tonight but it's club night at gin pit as well. Sorry, beginning of week is always mental for me but can appreciate your all eager to see.

domt worry whenever is fine we just all like to see your super pics :thumbsup:

great pics as always :thumbsup: jac ty for all the time you put in to them for us to see :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well done to all those who worked so hard to make the weekend

so special. Congratulations to all the winners and competitors. Thanks

for posting the results and the phots jac - brill as always.

Gutted to have missed a fab weekend, unfortunately A&T

is 155 miles from home, even staying with my mum

in Cheshire, travelling back and forth to the track with

only 1 dog to run the cost of petrol is frightening.

Although I had hoped to make this event I was offered work

over the weekend which paid well, my vet bill for last month

was £550, plus 2 of my oldies are booked in next

week for dental work I just couldn't turn it down.

I will keep buying lottery tickets

Elaine

well done all the winners over the weekend :cheers: gutted i couldn't make it but one of my friends was getting married on the saturday (yes i did tell her she had bad timing for me and racing :p )

fab pics jac, have gone through and tagged hope they are right lol :wacko:

hope whoever is at the vets next week is ok and nothing too serious is wrong with their teeth mum

SUPER PICS AGAIN JAC REALLY CATCH THE ATMOSPHERE :thumbsup:

Was a brilliant day on Sunday, everyone connected to A & T should be very proud, was great to see so many smiling faces, nice people and fantastic action from the dogs themselves.

This may have been my very first time at the whippets but id wager it won't be the last. It was fantastic to meet everyone and thanks to everyone for being so kind and welcoming. The pics Jaq are fab, well done

good luck to everyone

Mick

Was a brilliant day on Sunday, everyone connected to A & T should be very proud, was great to see so many smiling faces, nice people and fantastic action from the dogs themselves.
This may have been my very first time at the whippets but id wager it won't be the last. It was fantastic to meet everyone and thanks to everyone for being so kind and welcoming. The pics Jaq are fab, well done

good luck to everyone

Mick

great meeting you pal

:thumbsup:

andy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back